Chapter 11

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Enjoy it while it lasts..."

What the hell that supposed to be? A threat? Well, he had a few grim ideas concerning what Jaehyun said to him last night and no matter how hard he was trying not to think about it, his mind always shifted back to that conversation. The way he said it annoyed him so much. Why did he suddenly care about his relationship with Yuqi? He didn't give a damn about it for the last two years. So, why now? What did he miss—

"Xuxi!!!" His train of thoughts interrupted by several pats on the arm. He turned to his side and found Yuqi staring at him with unimpressed expression, her beautiful round orbs flickered in annoyance.

He blinked, slightly disoriented. "Sorry, what did you say?" he asked her.

She squinted her eyes at him and said, "I've been calling you several times. It's our boarding time..."

"Oh! You're right!" Lucas snapped back to the reality when he recognized the usual airport announcement informing the passenger about their boarding time and stuff. Lucas got up onto his feet and said, "Come on!"

As they strolled toward the boarding gate, Yuqi peered at him with a curious expression. "What are you thinking just now?"

Lucas regarded her question for a moment then mumbled, "Nothing important, just lost in thought..."

Yuqi stared doubtfully at him then said, "Fine. I'll have 5 hours and two whole weeks to get it out of your system anyway..." Lucas laughed at her confident remark but lowkey wondered what would her reaction be if she knew about his conversation with Jaehyun last night. Would she be happy about it?

***

At a quarter past one, they landed in Suvarnabhumi airport. After going through customs, they walked out from the arrival terminal in high spirit despite the light rain that started pouring down out of the blue. Yuqi was literally bouncing happily beside him. It seemed like the long hours' flight didn't tire her out.

"Excited?" Lucas asked her when she turned her head toward him. She nodded eagerly like a little kid on their first day of the school trip. He smiled softly at those thoughts. He could almost see the five years old Yuqi making the exact cute expression—

"Why? Is there something on my face?" The confusion in her voice interrupted his thoughts.

"You should stop being this cute while we're alone..."

She stared at him for a moment before shamelessly replied, "I can't. I'm born cute and adorable, you have to deal with it..."

Lucas snorted at her response. "Conceited much!" he said again, pinching her cheek lightly.

She groaned and slapped his arm away. "I'm just stating a fact and you also agreed with that..."

Lucas was about to retort her remark again when he spotted both of his parents standing not too far from the arrival gate. He didn't know they were this excited to meet Yuqi. He already told them that they would use a taxi to get home since the distance of their holiday home quite far from the airport.

"You've got a devoted fan already..." Lucas commented, pointing his excited-looking parents to Yuqi. "Oh, they notice us..." he said again, waving back at his parent while Yuqi just smiled shyly beside him, looking rather tense.

"Why are you looking so nervous?" Lucas .

"I-I'm not..." she stuttered. He raised his eyebrows at her. "Maybe a little..." she mumbled in an undertone.

He gave her an encouraging smile and mused, "You'll be fine, ..."

Lucas hugged both of his parents affectionally once they reached them. After exchanged a few words on how taller he got since the last time they've seen him, Lucas introduced Yuqi to both of them. Yuqi greeted them in a rather reserve and nervous manner. His lips curled up into a teasing grin again at her flustered reaction when his mom said she looked prettier and cuter in person.

"So, how's the flight?" His dad asked him as they walked toward the parking lot.

"It's quite fun actually..." said Lucas with a light chuckled.

"Oh really?" His dad asked with a note of surprise, probably because he used to complain about the long hours' flight.

Lucas nodded then elaborated. "We're having Supernatural marathon..." Dad gave him a quizzical look. "A horror TV series..." he added. "And we could've finished half of the first season if not for this scaredy-cat..." he continued again, gesturing at Yuqi.

"It's so scary..." Yuqi defended herself.

"Nah, there's nothing scary about it..." Lucas retorted while laughing. "By the way where's Jun?" Lucas turned to his dad while Yuqi recounting the 'Bloody Mary' episode to his mom.

"Your mom hasn't told you yet?" he shook his head. "He's taking the summer programs in Wuhan..." elaborated his dad.

"That little brat did what?" Lucas asked, staring incredulously at his dad. The latter just laughed at his reaction. Lucas turned toward his mom, seeking an explanation, still couldn't believe that his troublemaker brother using his precious school vacation for some random summer class in Wuhan.

"Apparently his close friend attends this summer programs and since he highly motivated by this friend, we let him go..." Mom explained to him. "It'll be a good college experience for him..." mom added again.

"Ah, there's a friend huh? Everything makes sense now..." Lucas commented again, then laughed along with his dad.

"What makes sense?" his mom asked him.

"A girl-friend..." Lucas and his dad answered in unison.

"Oh!" his mom exclaimed and laughed when she finally understands it. "But you don't really have a say on this honey, you've no difference than Junnie..." commented his mom between her laughter.

"Xuxi did?" Yuqi joined the conversation.

"Mom...no!!!" Lucas shook his head eagerly at his mom but she ignored him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter