Chapter 17

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baby, I really need to go...we can continue to cuddle as long as you want...'

'Baby...'

'Baby...'

Yuqi could feel her whole face and the tip of her ears reddened as she staring down at the remaining piece it ups of pizza they bought last night, feeling conflicted. Those exact words kept ringing and echoing in her head since she got up this afternoon in Lucas's room, in his arms, being unreasonably clingy to him. She didn't know why she did something like that in the first place. She must be losing her mind and thanks to that she has been trying to act casually in front of Lucas ever since, pretending as if nothing out of the ordinary happened between them in this very afternoon.

Luckily Lucas didn't say anything either, he acted like his usual self, no teasing or bringing up anything related to it, though she did notice he looked more cheerful compared to this morning and that annoyed her so much. How could she be the only one who felt this way while he looked so composed and peaceful? So unfair—

"Hey, are you okay?" Lucas's deep tone voice snapped her back to the present.

"Huh? What?" She glanced up from the leftover pizza on the dining table and found him staring at her with mix concerned-amused expression. "Oh yeah, I'm fine..." she mumbled, lowering her gaze to his long-slender finger that gracefully held a cup of coffee, avoiding his intense stare. For a second she forgot Lucas has been sitting in front of her the whole time she recalling this afternoon event and now she had to explain this suddenly flushed cheek to him! Great!

"Are you sure? You look so red..." said Lucas again, extending his long arm to touch her forehead. She groaned inwardly, she could feel her heart pounding like crazy as his arm drew near to her face and landed gently on her burning skin. For a moment she froze on her seat, didn't know what to do or how to react. So she just sat there, waiting for him to retract his arm and be done with his inspection. She had no idea whether Lucas did it on purpose or not but he surely taking his sweet time checking on her temperature. She never knew that ten seconds could last this long. "I don't think you got a fever..." he murmured in a low-deep familiar tone after some time. Her stomach did a somersault.

Of course not, smarty-pants! You did this to me! It has nothing to do with a fever! She rolled her eyes and both cheeks flushed even more. "Told you... I'm fine... I'm totally fine..." she grumbled, pushing his arm away from her flaming-red cheeks. Lucas raised his eyebrows at her, probably confused with her flustered reaction. "It's just... I think I need to get a shower. Yeah, shower! I definitely need that..." she added quickly in a rambling sort of way, then scrambled up from her seat and bolted up upstairs before Lucas could open his mouth.

She went straight to her bedroom and locked the door behind her, panting hard, inwardly cursing herself for being panic and stuttering like an idiot in front of Lucas. So much for being casual!

'Baby...'

"Stop! Stop thinking about that Yuqi!" she groaned as her brain started replaying the word again in Lucas's just-woke-up voice. "What the hell is wrong with you?" she scolded herself before jumping onto the piles of fluffy white pillows on her bed, burying her scarlet face into it. "It's not a big deal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter