Chapter 13

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuqi has been curling up on the beige-colored hanging wicker daybed by the swimming pool, sulking since Lucas went out one hour ago to drop his parent at MRT station while she was taking an afternoon nap and he didn’t even bother to wake her up. She rolled to her side and huffed irritatedly after reading his latest line message, which said he got stuck in traffic now and that meant she’ll be alone for another hour.

After replying to his latest text with ‘I HATE U’ and a bunch of angry stickers, she cast aside her phone and shifted her gaze toward the alluring and shimmering blue swimming pool, contemplating whether to take an afternoon swim or not. She hasn’t quite made up her mind about what to do next when her phone rang again.

She grabbed the phone almost immediately and ready to throw lots of complaints as to why he didn’t wake her up and left her alone in the house but it wasn’t incoming call from Lucas. It was Soyeon, video-calling her.

Ignoring the slight pang of disappointment, she answered the call. “Hi, babe!!! How is the honeymoon going?” greeted Soyeon in a very high spirit, in the background Minnie waved excitedly at her. “Where’s Xuxi?” Yuqi pouted at the mention of Lucas’s name.

“Yah! What with that pout?” commented Minnie.

“He’s not home yet! He was stuck in the traffic somewhere in town...” she explained to them in a rather sulky tone.

“Aww... so our baby is being sulky because Xuxi-gege isn’t home yet?” Minnie while Soyeon laughing her off.

“I’m hanging up...” Yuqi said, pursing her lips even more.

“Yah! We should stop teasing her!” Soyeon nudged Minnie. “This is a great development. She finally stops obsessing over Jaehyun...” Soyeon mused to giggling-Minnie.

“I’m not obsessed with him!” Yuqi exclaimed, rolling her eyes at both them.

“Sure...” responded Soyeon and Minnie in unison, totally not buying her words.

“So, you’re not going out with Xuxi today?” asked Soyeon again.

“No, he left me alone in the house...” she grumbled, still feeling irritated being left alone.

“You sound like my newlywed cousin who just came back from her honeymoon, she’s too can’t stand being apart from her husband...” teased Soyeon again.

“New-newlywed...husband???” Yuqi baffled as Soyeon and Minnie breaking into another fit of laughter. She felt the blood rushing to her face, reddening her cheeks and the tips of her ears once those words sank into her mind.

“Oh my, you’re so red...” commented Minnie between her laughter.

“It’s the weather!” Yuqi reasoned while trying to cover the blushing-cheek with her free arm.

“Are you sure?” Soyeon gave her a teasing look. Yuqi glared at her as they laughed again. “So, no sight-seeing today?” Soyeon asked her again after the laughter ceased down.

“No, we've been out three days nonstop, so we’re taking a rest today...” Yuqi responded to her question.

Yeah, they’ve been spending the last of three days sight-seeing and exploring Bangkok. On the first day, they visited the ancient and historic site like the beautiful temples around the Chao Phraya River, The Grand Palace, and Bangkok’s Chinatown then went on a food-trip and exploring the night market the next day and yesterday they spent a whole day at the largest shopping mall in town and its underwater aquarium. It was quite a day! So they decided to stay at home today.

“How about you two? What are you guys doing in Jejudo so far? Was it fun?” Yuqi asked her back and she spent the next twenty minutes listening to Soyeon and Minnie recounted their Jejudo trip so far.

“...So mostly Minnie and I have been roaming around the places like a lazy bum, but it's very refreshing and relaxing but since you were in the tropical paradise, you didn’t miss that much...” finished Soyeon. “Your turn! Tell us about your trip! Did Xuxi make his move yet?” Soyeon asked her while giggling along with Minnie.

“What move???” Yuqi asked her, resting her head onto the fluffy blue cushions of the hanging daybed. Soyeon let out a loud snorted.

“Our poor Xuxi! What should we do with him?” commented Minnie before they started hollering again.

Yuqi furrowed her eyebrows, didn’t get what so funny about that statement, squinting her eyes at both of them, she asked, “Have you two eat wrong meds this morning?”

“Xuxi must be really having a hard time dealing with this clueless cutie-pie...” said Minnie again between her giggles.

“Tell me about it...” Soyeon seconded her.

“What are you two on about?”

“Try asking Xuxi about it when he got back!” Minnie winked at her. “Oh right! Have you check our group-chat?” exclaimed Minnie all of sudden.

Yuqi furrowed her eyebrows. “Not yet. Why?”

“You won’t believe who decide to join us on the trip...” muttered Minnie in a rather scandalous expression.

“Who—”

“Xuxi didn’t tell you anything?” Soyeon interrupted her, looking surprised. Yuqi shook her head, feeling lost.

“I don’t think Xuxi knew about it...” said Minnie. Soyeon gave her a questioning look. “He hasn't shown up in the group chat since they left for Thailand...” Minnie elaborated.

“That’s od

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter