Chapter 16

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was past midday when Lucas awoke, no wonder he was hungry. Yuqi's cute sleeping face was the first thing that greeted him. He stared blankly at her beautiful complexion. He has to blink several times to make sure this wasn't just a scene from one of his wild dreams because everything felt so surreal right now. He stared at her face some more before gazed down toward his arms that rested perfectly around her tiny figure. He let out a sigh upon this sight, feeling excited and conflicted at the same time. Even if she did look like she belonged there but somehow it felt so wrong having her sleeping so comfortably in his arms like this. Just what on earth he was thinking this morning? Giving in so easily to her.

Lucas sighed again, remembering this morning event where she freaked out and getting mad at him over one stupid text message, feeling more and more silly as he thought about it all over again. Yeah, he knew that was very childish of him and out of his character too but to be fair he rarely got jealous. Frankly speaking there was no need for him to be jealous of those trivial matters. She spent so much time with him compared to anyone else, including her parents and she tended to rely on him even though she kept going on about Jaehyun this Jaehyun that all day, just like what happened with this trip and several other occasions where she had to choose between him and Jaehyun. She always chose him.

Up this point in their relationship, he knew her all too well, probably more than she knew herself. Yuqi was like an open book, so easy to read, so easy to love. It reminded him of their first encounter. She warmed up pretty quickly to him.

***

Flashback

It was one morning two years ago, at the beginning of the spring, his freshmen year.

Lucas woke up by the noisy sound of his boarding house bell. He ignored it for several minutes and hope other boys, his housemates would wake up and got the door, but to his annoyance no one did. Feeling enraged by the nonstop ringing of the bell, he got up from his bed and stormed off toward the front door. He was ready to curse and yelled to this uninvited sleep-wrecker who ruined his morning when he found out a cute and doll-looking girl standing in front of him with a very radiant smile, holding a purple lunch box on her left hand. He stared at her in dazed, his sleepiness evaporated right away. Bewitched.

"Who are you?" He snapped back to reality the moment he heard such a peculiar tone of voice. Her voice was deep and kind of unique, so contrary to her cute and adorable face.

"I'm Xuxi...ah I mean Lucas..." He said, correcting him words while mentally cursed himself for being so nervous in front of this pretty living doll. "I live here..." he added again, scratching his head. She stared at him, looking doubtful.

"But Jaehyun oppa and his friends are the ones who lived here..." She responded, furrowing her brows, staring intensely at him with a suspicious glare. So, this cute little doll is Jae-hyung acquaintances huh? What a great way to start his first morning in Seoul, he thought as he continued to stand there, scanning her features from head to toe. She was so small and petite compare to him. Her height probably only around his shoulder. People said that was the ideal height difference for a couple— "...And I happened to know all of them too but I never see you before..." her suspicious tone brought his attention back to reality.

Lucas cleared his throat, realizing that he has been staring too much at her. "Ah, I'm one of his friends too. I just got here from Hongkong..." he explained.

"Are you from Hongkong?" she exclaimed, suddenly looking very excited. He nodded, scratching his head again, confused at her reaction.

"Do you speak mandarin?" he nodded. "I live in Beijing until the first grade of middle school and we used to visit Hongkong a lot..." she beamed at him.

"For real?" He asked her in mandarin with a delightful surprise. She nodded eagerly. "Wow, nice to see you, xiao-mei mei..." he enveloped her with a warm-friendly hug. He didn't know why he did that, maybe because she was so freaking cute or maybe the fact that they spoke the same language. Thank God! She didn't smack the hell out of him for being so reckless. In fact, she hugged him back with the same amount of excitement.

"My name is Song Yuqi by the way, not your little sister..." she corrected him once they broke away from each other, a corner of his mouth lifted into a mischievous grin.

"Are you sure? You could pass as a middle schooler kid..." he .

"Yah! I'm 18!!!" she exclaimed, glaring at him with her round-sparkly eyes. 18? Wow, so she's the same age as him huh?

"Oh right! Come on in..." he stepped aside from the door, letting her inside the house when he realized they've been chatting in the doorway for quite some time. She strolled inside and walked to the dining table and put the lunch box on it, then casually plopped down on one of the chairs, looking so comfortable. She must be visited Jae-hyung often. "By the way, why are you here in such early morning?" he as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter