Chapter 14

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several minutes later Yuqi and Lucas walked into a chic two-story brunch cafe framed in wood and floor to ceiling glass windows. The cafe wasn't very huge but since mainly themed in white, it looked quite spacious and lively. The cafe was divided into two main seating area, indoor and outdoor. The indoor area was designed into some kind of cozy living room with colorful cushioned-wood furniture while the outdoor area looked more like a little backyard basked in the natural glow of sunlight that passed through the open rooftop.

As Ed Sheeran's Photograph playing in the background, they settled down at one of the round tables by the glass windows with a minimalist garden view.

"I think we came here at the perfect timing..." commented Lucas once the friendly brown-haired waitress left with their orders. Yuqi followed his gaze, scanning the indoor seating area, he was right, the room was quite empty. The only customer beside them was a Polo shirt guy in the left corner of the room who busily typing something on his MacBook.

"Well, it passed the lunchtime already..." Yuqi said, tearing her gaze from the food counter where they displayed various of cute-looking cakes. Lucas hummed, tapping his finger lightly on the round wooden table, enjoying the soothing acoustic sounds that filled the room. "We should get that pretty cakes too..." she mumbled.

"Make sure you finished the pasta first..."

Yuqi opened to retort back but closed it again when she noticed the same waitress who took their orders earlier walking toward their table holding a tray of two plate mushroom carbonara and two strawberry lemonade.

"We should come here sooner..." Lucas murmured, staring down at the generous portion pasta in front of him with beaming eyes.

"Wait..." Yuqi exclaimed, fishing out a phone from her purse. Lucas gave her a questioning look. "We should take a picture first..." she continued sheepishly.

Lucas sighed and murmured, "Girls..." but eventually putting his fork back and took the phone from her.

Done taking several pictures of them, Lucas proceeded to dig up the meals while she scrolled through her phone's gallery. "Aww, I came out so pretty!" she exclaimed. Lucas snorted at her shameless remark. "What?" she cocked her head at him.

"Nothing..." he shrugged.

"I better send this to Soyeon and Minnie, they'll—"

"Stop looking at the phone and eat your lunch..." Lucas interrupted her words, sounding a bit irritated.

"Ok. Ok. You sound like my mom..." Yuqi retorted and continued scrolling her phone's screen, searching for Soyeon's line id. She heard Lucas let out a sigh. "Ah...why???" She whined when he took her phone away. He silenced her whining with a spoonful of pasta then without saying anything he shoveled another spoonful of food into his mouth.

'...Xuxi hasn't shown up in the group chat since they left for Thailand...'

Minnie's words earlier echoed in her head. She stared at Lucas who was digging his food in silence. He looked somewhat tense and a bit annoyed, just like earlier in the house when she mentioned about Soyeon and Jejudo trip. She wondered if anything happened before they left for Thailand. She took a sip of the lemonade in front of her, prepping the nerve to ask Lucas about the matter. Somehow she felt so nervous about it, she didn't know why.

'It is not a big deal Yuqi, just ask him casually', she told herself. Making up her mind, she lifted her head from the plate and found the latter eyeing her in a very amused expression. "What?"

"What are you scheming in your head just now?" he asked her, looking curious.

"Nothing..." she mumbled. He gave her a doubtful stare.

"Well, actually there's something..." Yuqi started talking again after a long silence between them. "I just found out today..." she paused for a moment. He tilted his head, beckoning her to continue. "Soyeon mentioned this interesting picture in the group chat..." she said again, making a quote gesture at the 'interesting' word while giggling but stopped several seconds later when she noticed Lucas just stared at her with an unreadable expression. She cleared and continued again, "Have you check the group chat lately?"

"No..."

"Why?"

"No reason..." he replied nonchalantly.

"No reason?" she repeated his words.

He nodded. "Have you check it out?"

Yuqi shook her head. "Not yet. Soyeon only mentioned it today. Last time I checked there's nothing extraordinary in there, just the usual convos..." she elaborated while sipping her lemonade again.

"Maybe they're just fooling around as usual..." he commented lightly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter