Chapter 4

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Xuxiii...” Lucas was working on his assignment when Yuqi strolled into his room with her annoying dreamy face. She looks extremely happy somehow.

“What happens to your—yah!” he yelped when she suddenly jumped onto him and let out a muffled squealed-scream while violently shaking him up. “Ok..ok..enough. Let me go...” he peeled her away from him. “Did you just won a lottery?” he asked as he scooted away from her.

“Better...” she replied with beaming eyes.

“You got a brand new car for your birthday...” he guessed again.

“Wrong”

“Then what?” he gave up.

She took a long sigh and mused low, “I have a movie date with Jaehyun oppa tonight!!!” She let out a low squeal again. Lucas stared blankly at her, trying to proceed the information inside his head. “Yah! Don’t you want to say something?” she tugged his sleeve when he just sat there in silence.

“Oh yay!” he cheered unenthusiastically when he got back to his sense again. 

“What with that plain reaction?” She complained, looking disappointed.

“What do you want me to say?”

“Oh, I don’t know. A congratulation perhaps...” she commented sarcastically. He let out a humorless laugh. A congratulation huh? She wanted him to congratulate her for having a date with another guy. Is she for real? This girl is seriously gonna be the death of him.

Lucas stopped laughing and cleared his dry throat. “Ah, what a pity, I should have recorded your reaction just now and gave it to your prince charming...” he said afterward.

She creased her brow. “Why?”

“Your reaction is a bit over the top just now...” he explained. She stared at him, looking lost. “People would think you just got a marriage proposal...” he continued again.

She pursed her lips and retorted, “Whatever, I’m still happy otherwise...” Lucas rolled his eyes at her and leaned back to his couch, avoiding her beaming expression.

“So, what are you going to watch?” he asked, staring into the ceiling, ignoring myriad invisible knives that keep piercing through his troubled heart.

“Horror movie...”

Lucas glanced almost immediately at her answer. “You? A scaredy-cat like you is going to watch a horror movie?” he gasped loudly, giving her a disbelieving look.

“I’m not a scaredy-cat!” she protested.

“Oh really? Then who was the hysterical-girl when we watched Annabelle last month?” he again. She pouted. “Are you seriously going to watch a horror movie with him?”

“Of course, he already got the ticket, so...”

“But you can’t even watch the scary movie...” he commented again.

“So what? It can’t be that scary...” she retorted, looking unsure. “And if I get scared I can always hold onto him and let him comfort me...” she continued again with a daydreaming expression. He cringed. “So, I don’t care about the movie, I only care about the date...” her lips curved up into a huge grin, looking thrilled.

There’s no point of telling her off. She was beyond happy right now. “Yeah yeah, good for you...” Lucas sighed, feeling defeated.

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter