Chapter 5

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five minutes later, Yuqi opened the door for him, wearing a very adorable looking sleepwear. She looked like a cute giant doll in that cat print tee and plaid shorts. It was a good thing she called him over or he’d probably spend the rest of the night moping in the corner of his room. He didn’t know why she—

“What took you so long?” she interrupted his thought.

Lucas cleared his throat when he realized he has been staring at her for a long moment. “You do realize I have to walk here first, right?” She shrugged and let him inside the house. “What are you even scared about?” He asked, following her cautious step to the living room.

“There are so many scary things in this world...” she mumbled low.

He laughed at her remark. “Like what? A ghost?” he joked. She grimaced and her face turned pale. It seemed like he got that right. He snickered and mused, “You almost 20 years old, Yuqi...” She scowled at him. “So, how is your movie date?” he asked half-heartedly as he flopped down on the cozy grey couch on her living room. He winced inwardly when she slides down beside him, giving no space between them. He's been so conscious about her lately and Yuqi being her oblivious self didn't help him at all.

“I don’t want to talk about it...” she replied him, looking grim and depressed.

“Why? Did you scream and fainted?”

“No...”

“Did you jumped and scared him?”

“No...”

“Ah, I know! You were sobbing since the beginning until the rolling credit?”

“No...”

“Then what’s the problem?”

“I’ve watched everything...” she said with teary eyes. Lucas gasped for several seconds before burst into a laughing fit. “Stop laughing at my misery, it's not even funny...” He ignored her rant and continued cackling while holding his stomach. “...now I can’t forget about those scary scenes. I’m so scared...” she cried. He stopped laughing at once, baffled at her sudden outburst. 

“Hey...hey...why are you crying?”

“I should’ve never watched that damn movie, what should I do now?” she whined at him, looking desperate. This would be a hilarious moment if her tears didn't keep streaming down her cheek.

He sighed and pulled her into his arms, comforting her. She buried her face onto his chest while keep sobbing. “That’s why I told you to tell him that you’re scared. No one will force you to watch it if you don’t want to...” he muttered low, patting her back gently.

“I can’t. What if he thinks I was being too picky and annoying, that’s the first time he ever asked me out...” she muttered back with a muffled voice between her sniffs.

Lucas scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Served you right then...” he gloated, holding his laughter. She smacked his chest lightly. "One of these days you're gonna break one of my ribs..." he grunted, pretending to be in pain.

She pulled away from him slightly. "Served you right then..." she mumbled while wiping her remaining tears away with his white tee.  

“Oh great! Now it has your make up stain on it...” He grumbled, staring down at his tee.

“Stop being so stingy, I’ll get you the new one...” she retorted.

“Yeah, you better...” he retorted back, lowkey feeling relieved that she stopped crying. “Anyway, what happened to your lovey-dovey plan? I thought you’re going to cling onto him when you scared...” he . She frowned at his sentence.

“I can’t do that either...” she murmured in a sullen mood while leaning her head back onto his chest.

“Why? Did you get cold feet?” he asked her again, somehow feeling exhilarated at the fact nothing significant happened between them.

“I was so nervous and scared at the same time. So, I can’t think of anything other than trying to survive until the rolling credit...” he laughed again at her solemn explanation. “Besides, he’s not you, I can’t just casually grab him and sobbing in his arms...” she grumbled while drawing random patterns with her finger on his free arm, sending a shiver down his spine.

“Why not?” he croaked, trying to ignore the tingling sensation due to her touch.

“I want to look cool on my first date...” He snorted and caught her right arm, he couldn’t let her keep doing that, it was driving him crazy.

“So, you’re going to grab him all over on your second

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter