xxxxvx: fissures

Bewilderment #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Namjoon:

            A groan was heard from the bed. Other than that, the morning had been rather tranquil. As soon as the groaned turned into moans of discomfort, he knew the tranquility was gone. He closed his eyes, counting down the seconds in which he knew the storm would break. He was at ten, when the gasp came along with the movement of the mattress that sounds frantic.

 

 

“What did you do to me?”

 

 

Sighing, he stood from the couch he was sitting on and pulled down his sleeves. “I didn’t do anything to you.”

 

 

“I am !”

 

 

“Sejeong, you did that to yourself. I didn’t even touch you. I made sure you got here safely and slept on this couch while you mumbled incoherently more of your confession and proclamations of love to Sehun. I’m not desperate enough to sleep with a dead drunk girl that is pinning for a man that didn't choose her. If you wanted that, maybe you should have called Baekhyun.”

 

 

He saw the way that Sejeong gasped towards him. His words wounding her—the pain evident in her eyes.

 

 

They had been doing that lately. Hurting each other with words. Most of the time they would meet, they would bicker. He couldn’t forgive her for what she did and said to Jisoo. He couldn’t forgive her for a lot of things. Their engagement was more of a farce than anything else, yet it still irked him to know how more often than not, she was sharing a bed with Baekhyun while being engaged to him. The more he looked at her, the more he couldn’t help and think that she and Sehun deserved each other. They were both selfish and spoiled.

 

 

“Why would I call him when you’re my fiancé?” she asked, sounding innocent—which he would have believed had Baekhyun not messaged her that very night. He had her phone. He saw their past conversations.

 

 

“Don’t play innocent with me, I know you’ve been sleeping with him almost every night.”

 

 

“You Jisoo!”

 

 

Namjoon growled, taking five steps to reach her, and hovering over Sejeong. He had the urge to hurt her, but contained it as he gripped the sheets she was using as a shield to her body. “It is not the same.”

 

 

He spoke through his teeth, angry and allowing her to see that. The way she seemed to quiver in his presence let him know that she did fear him. At least, in that moment. It was not ideal. None of this was. He did not want to scare he. At first, he genuinely had been interested in her. Sejeong did this to herself. She was the one that made Jisoo contact him. She should have known that Jisoo, being who she was and where she worked, would have found a way to get him to sleep with her. Having slept with Jisoo while undercover, was not one of his proudest moments. He regretted it right away, tried to avoid her and failed miserably. Jisoo was beautiful and broken. She opened up to him, showed him who she really was and slowly he fell for her. In turn, Jisoo kept him safe with her knowledge.

 

 

“How is it not? We’re just two people made to be in this fake engagement, cheating on each other, always fighting. I liked you, Namjoon. I really did.”

 

 

“And who do you think you have to blame for the situation we’re in? You avoided me. You chased after Sehun and then fell into Baekhyun. I liked you. I did and then I met Jisoo.”

 

 

“Must be great to be her. Being loved by someone who cares this much for her. Not even making me feel like I’d be number one in your heart ever.”

 

 

He scoffed, not wanting to feed into her self-pity. She had gotten worse when she found out that Sehun was taking out his frustrations of not knowing where Joy was and needing to wait, by sleeping with the ex-e Mina who was supposed to be Joy’s personal maid once they married. He could already see how that would make Joy’s time there even worse. Her maid was Sehun’s new mistress. Namjoon didn’t understand them. How they could hurt each other constantly. If Sejeong loved Sehun, how could she cheat on him, same with Sehun with her.

 

 

“Oh yes, must be great to be Jisoo. Having to grow up with an abusive father and no mother. Having an abuse boyfriend who then sells you to a ion ring where you lose your virtue, forcing you to grow up fast and be ruthless. Yes. Jisoo has it great, unlike the little pampered, adopted Lee’s daughter. Never once being abused and always treated like a princess. Her only pain was being dumb enough to fall in love with an Oh.”

 

 

Sejeong scowled at him, furiously wiping at the tears that were falling down her face. “At least she is loved. She can wake up in the morning next to the man she loves, and he loves her. I don’t know how that feels! I’ve always been alone. Woken up alone. Sometimes the pleasure is enough to numb the pain. Is this how we’re going to be, Namjoon? Is this our future? Where we’re no longer amicable towards each other?”

 

 

“If you hadn’t kept things, maybe not. You should have told me what you knew long ago. Now we have no clue where Chanyeol is and what he could be up to. He’s not that injured to be MIA. You knew and you didn’t speak. Not only that, you taunted Jisoo who was your friend. You knew, going into this, that I could not guarantee you love. You knew. You also made Yeri out to be a .”

 

 

“I did not!”

 

 

“You told your mother she slept with Jungkook.”

 

 

“For her own good! Look, I know how stubborn my little brother can be. I did it for her because I know how my mother is. Nothing but pure women for her sons and I know it’s hypocritical, you don’t have to tell me that. How do I fix this, Namjoon? How do we fix this? I’ve been unreasonable, but it hurts. I love him and he loves power more than me. I’ll stop seeing Baekhyun, I will. I’m just … I’m sorry.”

 

 

Her words were full on sincerity. The way her tears fell let him know she was being honest. Sighing, he kneeled in front of her, handing her a handkerchief to wipe her tears. They did need to fix things. The peace between the Lee’s and them, heavily relied on the supposed marriage. They had to find a way to make things work and not bicker as much. He knew of a way and perhaps, she wouldn’t like it.

 

 

“There is something you can do, Sejeong and for that I am going to need you to trust me. You have to trust me and not want to know everything. We still cannot fully trust you. Now, do you have any idea where Chanyeol could be?”

 

 

Sejeong shook her head. “No. He was supposed to be recovering at the hospital but Jinki said he left. All he heard someone say to Chanyeol is something about a woman being pregnant. That was all. We can’t hear too much, Sehun is weary of us ever since our engagement and when we broke things off.”

 

 

“Okay,” he stood wondering and fearing what it was that Chanyeol was told. It was vague and he did not want to think that the first person to pop into his brain was who Chanyeol was looking for, “you should get dressed. We have lunch with your parents in less then an hour. I got your maids to bring you clothing. I’ll be in the lobby; I need to figure some things out. Sejeong, we can try to mend this relationship, but I hope you realize this wedding will never go through. For as long as I can, I’ll keep this as an engagement.”

 

 

“I know.”

 

 

“Good, I’ll be gone for about a week. Don’t take that as free real estate to keep seeing Baekhyun, you need to end that. If you must know, I haven’t slept with Jisoo since the announcement. It doesn’t feel right, and you need to mend that friendship as well.”

 

 

Sejeong nodded and that was good enough for him.

 

 

He left out of the hotel room, calling Jin right away. He needed to talk to Baekhyun and set ground rules in what he was doing with Sejeong. They needed the Byun's, although he didn’t know how much when it seemed that Jackson was able to make treaty with Yixing who, had far more power than Baekhyun yet belonged to his clan. One man was enough, and he knew that even then, they had Suho who would do anything to keep Irene safe.

 

 

 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅⑉〜⇥

 

 

 

 

One Week Later

 

 

Wendy:

 

With a jolt, she awoke covered in cold sweat. The nightmares were too consistent. The fear of what she knew was to come—she was weary and couldn’t even enjoy the joy the others around her enjoyed—how could she when she’s known this world for so long? She had lived part in the underground world and the other in the world she wished only existed. It wasn’t perfect, by any means, however it was far better than a constant fear for life. It had also not helped that the baby had kicked her ribs. Even if she wouldn’t have woken up due to a nightmare, that kick would have done the trick. She let out a huff from the pain on her ribs and fear in her heart, having sat up and wiped at her brow. She hadn’t felt the space beside her be taken until she heard a mumble and felt warm arms incase her in a hug.

 

 

“What’s up Son?”

 

 

Her eyes widened as she turned, cupping Yoongi’s sleepy face. His eyes were still closed as he spoke, a pout on his lips from where she squished his cheeks. He was there, he had been gone for more than a week and now he was there. She didn’t know how to feel. Their small phone conversations weren’t enough. His daily text did nothing to comfort her. Seeing him, it activated the want to cry and before she knew it, she was crying. Whatever sleepiness he had, was gone and taken over with worried eyes.

 

 

“Son, what’s the matter? What happened? Are you hurt? Is it the baby?” she shook her head, trying to stop her tears as she clung to him, taking in his scent she had missed.

 

 

“Yoongi … I missed you so, so much.”

 

 

The breath that Yoongi let out vibrated through her ear. His once tense shoulders seemed to relax, and a warm chuckle made it out as he soothed her back. “I got in an hour ago. You were sleeping already, I’m sorry it took so long. Security has been hell everywhere after the stunt Chanyeol pulled. We needed to have things settled not just with them but Jin as well. Meeting takes more efforts. The Lee’s barely trust anyone—after the attack on the brothel.”

 

 

She nodded, clinging to him even tighter. “You don’t understand how stressed I’ve been. I never used to worry this much before, but now that we’re going to be parents—I just—I can’t be calm Yoongi. I need you here, please try to leave as little as possible.”

 

 

Yoongi moved back to cup her face, shaking his head at her. She pouted in response; this look of mirth in his eyes as he watched her. “Seungwan, if I could I’d stay. You know I would. You and peanut mean the world to me. I hate being away.”

 

 

Annoyed, she shoved him away. “You could stay. I know Park said it would be fine. I also know it’s this duty you feel towards Taehyung and Joy as to why you’re making sure you give them as much time as possible.”

 

 

Yoongi smiled towards her, the smile that showed all his teeth and always made her blush. She looked down, trying not to show how he still affected her so easily. He had too much power over her with one smile. His dark eyes and stoic expression may have drawn her to him, it was his smile and loving eyes that had her falling in love with him. He was too loyal. He was loyal to his friends and more loyal to Park than he would ever admit. Yet, she also knew that he was loyal to her. There was no way to not see it, just by his look she knew. Yoongi was no longer hiding the love he had for her.

 

 

“Sorry, Seungwan. Just a few more weeks and then I’ll give you and peanut all of my attention. How are they?”

 

 

“He’s fine, just keeps kicking me in the ribs almost every night.”

 

 

Wendy had spoken absentmindedly, not having realized what she said until she saw how Yoongi stiffened, his eyes slowly growing as he turned to face her. She hurriedly covered , cursing behind her hands at letting it slip. He wasn’t supposed to know. He didn’t want to know. He had purposely left when she found out the of their child all those months ago and there, she was spilling the beans like a dummy. She watched Yoongi, to see if he would grow angry. She knew part of him really wanted a daughter—even if he didn’t say it aloud.

 

 

Every micro expression of his, she took in. She saw the surprised look, the confused brows furrowing, how he let out a small tsk, and finally a genuine smile on his face. She lowered her hands, mouthing a “sorry” for having told him. He waved it off, taking her hands in his, bringing them to his lips to kiss the back of them. It was a tender action; it warmed her heart seeing the happy look in his eyes.

 

 

“We’re having a son?” she nodded. “You mean to say—a mini me?”

 

 

“Hey, he could look like me!”

 

 

“Yeah, but we both known I’m the better looking male. You’re beautiful, Son, but I mean … look at me.”

 

 

She shoved him, hearing his laugh as he placed one of his palms on her abdomen. He leaned closer, pressing his ear against her belly and smiling. He could hear them. She knew he could from the permanent smile on his lips. She could also feel their child moving around in the womb when Yoongi began to speak, as if knowing who was speaking—not surprising considering that Yoongi would periodically speak to their child after Jin told them it was a good thing to do.

 

 

“Hey, so mommy needs to sleep and so does daddy. It would help if you didn’t wake her up, peanut.” Yoongi sat up. “We need to think of a name. We haven’t even thought of names and peanut will be here in less then two months.”

 

 

The concerned look on his face made her giggle and agree. “I don’t think thinking of a name at three in the morning is a good idea. We need sleep.”

 

 

“You’re right, we have a long day ahead of us. Jin, Irene, Suho, Namjoon, and Jisoo are arriving in a few hours for the ceremony.”

 

 

She paused, recalling her nightmare. The same nightmare from when she witnessed Yoongi get shot. Only in her dreams he didn’t survive and his “I love you” were the last words she heard from him. She laid back down, confused. The nightmare always threw her perception of time for a loop. She was 7 and a half months pregnant, closer to 8 months. Time went by so fast and now, as she felt Yoongi hold her, hand on her belly as his front was to her back—she remembered that in mere hours—Joy and Taehyung were going to marry. The shortest engagement she had ever seen. The planning nonstop for the past week. All day searching and preparing. Constant people at the helm. It was coming to a .

 

 

“That’s today? Already?” she whispered as Yoongi hummed beside her.

 

 

“It is and Park can’t make it. He wishes he could be here, but that would be too suspicious. The fact I’m gone, may raise eyebrows. Your identity is still hidden, for obvious reason. We should sleep though; we do have a big day ahead. I can’t believe those kids are getting married.”

 

 

She bit her lips, trying to stop from laughing at hearing the exasperation in his voice and how it seemed as if he was so much older than they were instead of just a couple and few years. Instead, she faked a grumble, closing her eyes, feeling the tiredness hit her.

 

 

“I can’t believe they’ll be married before us. We’re having a child together and you haven’t even asked.”

 

 

Wendy was joking and as Yoongi apologized repeatedly until she laughed and told him it was a joke, she felt at peace. For the first in the days that passed, she felt at peace. It was nice to have that feeling. Although, the worry was there. The caution for what was to come, was there. Underneath it all, the fact that she needed to administer one more pregnancy test to Joy was there as well. She had administered one the week before, and the week before then. She had administered one before they left to Jeju and Taehyung proposed. She was hoping—praying—the test she would have tomorrow would be the same as the rest. If it was as those tests before said, it meant there was hope for them after all. A hope she knew they would all need.

 

 

 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅⑉〜⇥

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung:

 

“Rise and shine, today is the day, we have no time left to spare!”

 

 

With no warning—and perhaps a warning would have been nice—Chaeyoung burst through the doors of the room where her dearest sister and the loser named Taehyung, were staying. Park Chaeyoung did not care that biologically she and Joy were not related. Why would she care? She grew up her entire life believing they were sisters. Sure, there was a time that she resented Joy for all the love her parents had for her and for the fact she was shipped off to boarding school—away from it all. However, why did that have to change? The only thing she wished had changed, were the feelings Joy had for Taehyung. Personally, she felt as if Joy could do so much better than Taehyung. Her real biological brother being the number one example. From the moment she met Jinyoung, she knew she would love him with all her heart, that familial familiarity was there. Nonetheless, Taehyung made Joy happy and he was very serious about her. Gone was the cocky boy she had had a small crush on. Gone was the mean boy who called her precious sister chubby. The boy was gone and replaced by a man who went against his own heart, willing to give Joy up, all for the sake of keeping her safe. That is until he found out that she was the safest with him. She had always been safest with him.

 

 

She had heard all of it. Heard his side of things, saw the guilt in his eyes. Naturally, she forgave him and gave him her blessing. A blessing he did not need—which he quickly pointed out—but she gave it anyway. Even if they bickered, she knew they would get along just fine.

 

 

Nonetheless, nothing prepared her for the scene in front of her. Her face did flush a little at seeing the back of Joy cuddled to the bare chest of Taehyung. He was slightly more built than she expected, and it probably had to do with all the training he had been doing in the past months. She hated how it affected her seeing him like that. Her barging in had scared him. She saw him jolt, look at her in the e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter