xvi: date

Bewilderment #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Yoongi:

“They didn’t even try to dispose of the body.”

 

He watched the men not know what to do. They were about ten minutes too late. He sent a text to Chanyeol, letting him know to write a police report. The latter never responded, and he found it odd. He knew this would happen. The moment Taehyung approached him at Jungkook's birthday dinner—he knew. Yook Sungjae was in danger and whatever information he had found was completely wrong but the person who fed and planted that information knew what they were doing. They needed Taehyung’s name to go around among the clans.

 

Yoongi threw a bag across the alley. His fellow officers jumped at his actions. He told Taehyung to keep quiet about Joy just for the heck of it. Something was off. They had a mole in their precinct. If it was found out Taehyung knew Joy, then both would be in trouble. He did it only to protect his friends. He didn’t know it would cause a storm. He saw how much it affected Taehyung to not even talk to Joy and how her smile wasn’t as bright as before. Just recently she had texted him asking if everything was all right with Taehyung.

 

He didn’t stop them from interacting the previous night. He couldn’t, not when he felt he played a big part in the rift between them that everyone could feel. Now—dammit now Taehyung really did have to stay away from Joy. If they were together, one would be found. He looked down at his phone. His trump card would have to be used. The information he knew, would have to be used now and he hated bringing them in, although they were already somewhat in. The whole point was to let them not know about the world they lived in. How their lives were interweaving so intricately with the underground world in many ways.

 

“Who's this Kim Taehyung?” Yoongi turned to the only female officer with them—Amber. “He was holding a paper with his name on it and a target next to his name. I’m guessing he’s a person of interest?”

 

Yoongi took the paper from her and sighed. “No. He’s Oh’s next target. We need to put some men on him.”

 

He stepped away from all of them. Taking his phone out and making the call he wished he never had to make. The other person answered—with a groggy voice, which let him know that they had been working all night and his call woke them. The “yes” was barely audible and he sighed. It was silent for a beat too long; Yoongi hoped that he wouldn’t have to say anything, and the other person would know.

 

“It happened, didn’t it?”

 

“Yes, his name has gotten out.”

 

“I’ll contact them.”

 

The call ended with that. Yoongi looked down to Yook Sungjae’s body once more. A single bullet wound on the middle of his forehead. He was executed. He saw it coming and the fact that something was coming was torture on its own. First Lee, then the son. Oh—really wanted to find Joy and now he thought he knew about the boss. Groaning he sent a text to Taehyung. He needed to talk to him and come up with some glamorous lie to keep him and Joy away. As long as they were apart, they would be harder to find. Or so he would hope. Who would give this kind of information?

 

One name stuck out … but last he checked they were locked up. Was there someone else he missed?

 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅〜⑉⇥

 

 

Sooyoung:

She was making her way out of her biology class when she spotted Jimin waiting for her. She cocked her head to the side. She usually never saw him at this time. Most the time he would be practicing for the dance competition coming up—that she heard constantly from Seulgi who seemed to not be the happiest with Jimin. It kind of made sense seeing him there. Jimin was studying law and the building next to his was the science building. They joked about how he would be putting murderers and criminal behind bars and she would be the one finding evidence on them. For a moment, they both had tried to make Taehyung go into forensics photography. He rejected their proposition. He had a weak stomach and was squeamish. The chances of him throwing up while on the job were high.

 

Sauntering over to him, Jimin smiled at her before grabbing her hand, pulling her away. She blinked and let herself be pulled. One of her classmates threw her an odd look—seeing her with Jimin. Unlike in high school, not everyone knew her relationship with Jimin and this would make its way around the campus. She could already see it coming.

 

Jimin sat them down on a bench outside of the science building. He ran a hand through his hair and leaned on his knees. Whatever he was going to say, it was eating him alive. He turned to look at her and sighed again.

 

“Jiminie, did I do something?”

 

“You lied.”

 

She widened her eyes. What had she lied about? She couldn’t think of a time she had lied. “What did I lie about?”

 

“You lied to Tae and I’m sick and tired of seeing both of you moping around like kids who had their favorite toy broken. Why did you say you like Jin?”

 

Oh, she had lied—but only partly. “But I do like him.”

 

“Like you like me? Hoseok? Yoongi? Or Namjoon? Honestly, how much do you like him?”

 

“I like him as a man.” She did, for the most part.

 

“Then, you don’t like Tae anymore?” he was looking intently at her as if he could read her.

 

“I never liked him…”

 

“Liar. Look, let me tell you one thing and I know you won’t believe me: Taehyung cares for you more than you know. Remember, your first party?”

 

She shook her head. She knew she went to a party and then Namjoon forbade her from ever going out to another party. She figured that something must have happened, and it made her have a distrust towards the majority of strange men. No one told her details, she let her imagination fill it in. Considering she did wake up with a headache and probably had not drank, it was not a hard thing to do.

 

“Not really.”

 

“You were drugged.” Jimin paused as if almost regretting saying anything to her. “Taehyung freaked and he did a number on the guy who drugged you after he saw you in the position, he had you. Remember how Yoongi had a stint in jail. He took the fall for Tae. Now, why would he react so strongly when something happened to you? The irony of this, neither of you remember.”

 

Sooyoung looked down at her hands. She remembered the days following the party more vividly. Taehyung had spent a day in the hospital; the reason told to her was that he had food poisoning. When she saw him, again he had his hand bandaged and found out Yoongi had spent a night in jail. She felt she didn’t want to know more. But her relationship with Taehyung hadn’t changed. She tried to think back to that night, but nothing came up. Until she suddenly recalled the moment, he almost kissed her and like a fool, she told him to go to flirt with Lisa instead. Her face grew hot with the memory of his intense stare. That was years ago—he likes Irene and again they probably missed their timing.

 

“Jimin, you know that was years ago. People change. Feelings change. Irene plays a factor in his life now.” She bit her lip.

 

“Don’t give me that bull. I overheard you talking to Hoseok and how you’re finding the right time to confess your feelings to Taehyung so you can move on. You love him and Jin is your rebound. Whatever, do what you feel is right but do me one thing, don’t string Jungkook along. You and I both know his crush is sweet and all but you’ll never like him the same way he likes you.”

 

Jimin stood up but she held his hand to stop him. “I didn’t mean to string him along. I just wanted to give him a chance and I know. I know I may not be able to reply to his feelings and it makes me feel horrible.”

 

Jimin pulled her up and embraced her. It was as if he knew she was about to cry. She clung to him as her tears silently rolled down her face. Jimin was soothing her back and she was thinking back to the previous night when for a slight moment she thought Jungkook would be able to sway her heart when he kissed her so close to her lips. He was forward but not as forward as Jin was. He was sweet and caring but not as caring as Taehyung. The mere fact Taehyung remembered her fear of fireworks and sat beside her in silence until they were over, it moved her heart more than Jungkook's actions. She hated herself.

 

“You’re not a horrible person, Joy. You’re simply human and as humans, we sometimes can’t stop how we feel. I think if Taehyung and Jin weren’t a factor, he would have already stolen your heart. However—I think you may also be aware he won’t be too heartbroken for too long. His heart is not fully yours anymore.”

 

Sooyoung pulled back and looked at Jimin. She was sure he meant Yerim. When she saw them come in last night, she noted how Yerim was wearing Jungkook's jacket. From what Yerim was wearing—she figured Jungkook had been flustered. She nodded to Jimin. Yeah, Jungkook did show he liked her, but she knew the younger girl who was smitten by another boy was swaying part of him. Both of them were oblivious to each other. Oblivious to how close their relationship had become.

 

“I think I’d feel better knowing that is true.” She said it and Jimin pet her hair.

 

“You should probably go get ready for your date.”




⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅〜⑉⇥

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter