xxxxv: trust me

Bewilderment #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene:

          “You and I are no different, you know. We don’t belong here. We’re both only here to be kept watched of. The only reason you may think I’m different is because I’m in this room, being held prisoner while you can freely roam.”

 

She wasn’t even sure why she decided to pay Dohwan a visit. Maybe, it was because she was feeling so suffocated by the presence of both Jungkook and Yeri.

 

They now lived with them. She was still close to Jisoo, Hwasa, Moonbyul, Wheein, and Solar but it was different now. The house—manor—was louder. It didn’t matter that they had so many rooms and space, she could always hear them. Mainly Jungkook whining about something to Namjoon, Hoseok, or Seokjin. Sometimes she would hear Yeri talking loudly about how she still did not find it fair that Seulgi and Jimin were able to go stay with Joy and Taehyung, but they were stuck there, with her.

 

Their blatant dislike was obvious. What made things worse was when she decided to take solace in the library. Ignoring Seokjin once more for at least the past four days and knowing it hurt him. Especially since he did find her and comfort her, telling her to just trust his ever-growing feelings for her. During their dinners he tried to talk to her, but she avoided looking at him. Jimin’s words still rung in her head and they were so truthful. She was simply a rebound. Nothing but a rebound. That was who she was. A mediocre replacement for Joy. Her solace was taken over. Yesterday, she walked in to continue reading the book she had started but in the midst of the shelves of books, in a corner, she spotted Jungkook and Yeri in a heavy make-out session. She stood frozen, seeing how it was almost beyond just kissing. Jungkook’s hand was massaging Yeri’s and Yeri looked to be working on undoing his pants between their panting and moans.

 

Irene had dropped her book in her shocked state. It made the young, surprisingly , couple pull back. She couldn’t face them. It was so awkward because it brought back memories of her almost time with Seokjin. It brought back the fact she had never been intimate with anyone like that—and she kind of wanted it. She only had one other place other than the gardens; to see Dohwan in his own personal prisons. Honestly, she had almost forgotten he was still there, and she was only there to deliver his food. She wasn’t there to talk to him.

 

“We are different.”

 

“How? You sold Park Sooyoung out and this new guy took pity on you to save you from Sehun. Meanwhile, I was using them to be free of any debt. Look where I am.”

 

“Trust me, we’re nothing alike.”

 

Irene walked out to leave him in his misery and slow descend into madness from the solitude, noting how Suho was there waiting for her to come out. Suho was always there at a distance. He had asked her if Seokjin had hurt her feelings and she shook her head. No. It had all been her because he was defending her while his friendships seemed to hang on by threads due to her existence. This time as she walked, she turned around to face the kind man.

 

“Can I be alone? I won’t leave the house.” Noise in the background let her know the group was in the kitchen. “I just need to check something in the study.”

 

“If that’s what you want.” Suho replied too easily.

 

“What do you want?” she asked, curious because he took his assignment to watch over her very seriously.

 

“For you to stop feeling so burdened and smile.”

 

That was new to her. She felt she didn’t deserve it. She curtly nodded and just walked forward to go down the stairs and into the main floor. She looked around. She just wanted to know where her parents were. She hadn’t heard from them since she last saw her mother and if Seokjin bought her, how much had he spent on buying out her debt and freedom? Was she really worth that price? She missed him.

 

She missed him so much but her own pain from hearing the truth kept her away. She did not deserve him. He deserved someone better and she would only ever bring him pain and destroy his friendships. She would not be worth it in the end. She could see him regretting his decision. Seokjin only liked her. He didn’t love her. At least, that was what she understood and if she was in his shoes, she would only like herself too. She was after all; his first official patient and they did become friends. She did so many things out of pettiness and many times she wondered … why did she decide it was Taehyung who gave her hope? Why had she been so damn blind to seeing how much Seokjin had always done for her and how sweet and kind he was?

 

Irene entered the study, going straight where she knew he had the files. She wondered why she chose to not finish the semester. Seokjin had given her the option, not once stopping her if she decided to continue. Her first decision was no, not with how injured she was. She didn’t want unneeded attention and maybe it was for the best she never finished her education. Especially when looking at a camera only reminded her of what she had done. She started looking for a file with her name on it, when she heard the door close. She jumped, spinning to see Seokjin having closed and locked the door as he walked towards her. He didn’t look happy or mad. He was stoic as he approached her.

 

“You know, for living in the same home you are damn near impossible to get alone. Are you done giving me the cold shoulder? You didn't have to shut me out like that after we talked that night. You know, it really hurt to see the woman I like cry over comments that are not how I feel.” He paused, having cornered her into his desk because she had lost the ability to move. “Seungwan once asked me, before any of this escalated to where it is now, about how I was smitten by Joy and that she was the first girl I liked, other than my frail and sickly patient. You. She was talking about you and you happened to be there, and I remembered that day. I remembered because yes, yes, I did use to like you. So, when are you going to believe me that my feelings didn’t just come out of nowhere?”

 

She gulped, making an attempt to try and move but Seokjin held her waist, picking her up and sitting her on his desk, he pulled her legs open to stand in between them as he gripped her hips, pulling her forward and making her gasp.

 

“Jin…”

 

“Joohyun, why can’t you trust me? Just trust me.”

 

He ran a thumb over her lips before leaning down and kissing her. She gasped into his mouth. He was frustrated and she had done nothing to help him, she frustrated him by avoiding him. He wasn’t mad. She was hurt, but by the way he tightly held her, angling to his, she knew he wasn’t mad only maybe a bit irritated with another emotion she wasn’t sure about. Her hands were on his biceps, figuring what to do as he held the back of her head. Her breath was being stolen by how strongly he was kissing her. Her head was reeling. She heard herself whimper against his lips as their tongues battled. She missed this. This was probably considered their third separate time, but she already missed him.

 

Breath came in the form of Seokjin pulling back, kissing down her jaw and down the nape of her neck. She shivered as he left opened mouth kisses by her pulse point. She felt as he grazed his teeth over her skin, nipping before aggressively the spot. She gasped, her arms around his neck as she moaned, his hands digging into her hips, bringing her closer.

 

“Jin,” she moaned out, grasping part of his hair. He was going to leave a mark. She knew he would because she felt her body send a shiver when he pulled back, kissing her once more.

 

She must have looked like a mess because he was smirking as he watched her after he pulled away from her lips. Her breathing was heavy, and she wasn’t sure if she was happy, she wore a V-neck shirt or not. Her eyes were half-closed. What had just happened? She was still trying to grasp the situation when she felt herself be lifted in his arms. He seemed to do that a lot, take advantage of her small size to just carry her. Irene opened her eyes, seeing as he sat on his chair, her draped across his legs as he clung to her waist. His chair was facing the outside, towards the woods they were surrounded.

 

“Do you want to go anywhere?” he asked, nestling his head on her neck.

 

She moved her arms, allowing him to rest his head above her chest as she kept one hand on his shoulder, the other back to the back of his neck where she tenderly caressed his neck, hearing his breath deepen. “Where would we go?”

 

“The beach?” he replied back, pulling away to cup her face. “I think you’re tired of seeing the same walls and scenery.” She didn’t reply, looking down. “Don’t shut me out, Joohyun. I need you. I need you so damn much.”

 

Seokjin gripped her, pulling her closer and she could tell from the way his shoulders moved up and down, that he was crying. She was at a lost. She held him, whispering words that it was okay, that she was sorry and that she wouldn’t shut him out. He only shook his head, kissing her neck, letting a chill run up her spine as he did.

 

“Seokjin,” she started, pulling back to try and see something other than bleakness in his eyes, “what happened? Something happen? I know you left, you left two days ago for something but...”

 

He looked lifeless, looking at her as he attempted to smile. “Am I a good person?”

 

“Of course, you are!”

 

“I’m a doctor.”

 

“I know.”

 

“I’m supposed to save lives.”

 

“Yes, you saved mine.”

 

“So, why did I take a life?”

 

She understood. She knew this day would come. It was something he could not run from. One way or another, Seokjin would have to have someone killed. It wasn’t Dohwan, it was someone else and it was giving him pain. She cupped his face, shaking her head. She could only imagine how hard it was for him. He vowed to save lives. “Because, this life is like this. Seokjin, I’m so sorry.”

 

“I should feel worse, but I don’t. I just killed him. Shot him point blank when we found him not far from here. We don’t even know who sent him. Joon says he looked like he came from the triad. All I know is, he was looking for you. He wanted to kill you. He spoke in broken Korean, saying how he would kill you and give up our location. I—I was so angry. I just … I snapped and shot him.”

 

“Jin,”

 

“He wanted to kill you.” He looked up to her, pain in his eyes. “He wanted to kill you and that hurt. The thought of you dead, it hurt Joohyun. I need you. I need you to remind me why I’m doing this. That I’m not a bad person.”

 

“You’re not.” He didn’t seem to believe her as she felt her lip quiver. “Seokjin, you’re not. You’re not a bad person. You gave up your normal life to save me. You gave up your love for someone else’s happiness. You’ve done so much for others. Given up sleep to save lives, you’re not a bad person. I don’t love a bad person.”

 

He faced her when she said her words. He seemed to nod, holding her closer. She wondered how much more security they got. She wondered how tirelessly he was probably working. She wondered a lot of things she knew she wouldn’t get an answer. He seemed so distraught and she wasn’t there for him because of her own insecurities were keeping her away. She vowed to herself, she would stay with him no matter what. She would only ever leave his side if he told her she had to. Other than that, she would trust him. Trust what he said and that he did care for her and needed her. Because he clearly did need her. She kissed his temple, making him look up to her, this small smile on his lips as he looked into her eyes.

 

“You’re so damn beautiful, Bae Joohyun. Why didn’t I appreciate it before?” she shrugged, failing at not smirking at his words. “Please, trust me. Trust me when I say you’re important to me and I like you. One of these days, I know, I know, that I will love you. So, just trust me.”

 

“Then trust me when I say, you’re not a bad person, Kim Seokjin. You are an amazing, caring, and understand man. I won’t go anywhere. Promise. Just understand that how strongly I feel for you kind of scares me. Also, I was shy. You know, Jungkook and Yeri are pretty ually active and I just thought back to …"

 

She watched him let out a chuckle. “Let’s go somewhere, just you and me.”

 

“Will that be okay?” she asked, part of her excited.

 

“Love, I’m the one setting the rules here. If I say it’s okay, it is.”

 

She bit her lip, nodding before giving him a light peck on his lips. He held her in place, deepening the kiss and she knew she would be stuck there for some time, kissing him as she let him hold her and run his hand throughout her body. She knew they weren’t going to be intimate but having him want her and hold her, it healed her heart in more ways she thought she needed to be healed. Jimin, Jungkook, and Yeri may not like her—but the person that mattered did. Seokjin needed her and that was enough, for now. For a bit, she was blissful. She should have known it wouldn’t have lasted.

 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅⑉〜⇥

 

 

Seulgi:

In the span of four days, her life was thrown upside down and tumbled all around like she was some sort of tossed salad. She wasn’t sure how she felt about everything. She was given her own room—far larger than anything she ever had in her life. Her clothing was far too expensive. She didn’t even like wearing any in the fear she could just stain it by breathing. Seulgi sat in on the lessons with Joy. She watched how her friend was told to act and behave, learning how she would also need to behave as long as she was around Joy. Today was a dress fitting, another, dress fitting. The entire time, she had her own personal bodyguard given to her. She eyed Jaebum from afar. He seemed to always just stare at her. It was unnerving. Even more so when she confronted him about it, saying she felt unsettled by his stare. His reply had been far too honest and now she made sure to either always be with Joy or with Jimin, purposely being too touchy with her beloved boyfriend.

 

“Because I think you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen, and I like you.”

 

His smirk bothered her the most, he knew he had rattled her with is straightforwardness. Never, had anyone been so open and honest. She didn’t fear she would leave Jimin, she just feared how bold Jaebum could be.

 

“Hey Seul, it’s your turn.”

 

She looked away from the staring contest she had unknowingly began with Jaebum who only seemed to smirk even more, faking a cough when she noted Joy’s personal bodyguard, Jinyoung, give him an odd look before pulling him away and out of the room. She wondered why he had been there considering they were inside the Park estate. She breathed, looking to Joy who was quirking a brow in her direction.

 

“Am I missing something? Should I be telling Jimin that he should watch his back?”

 

Joy was teasing as she frowned, getting up and going to the seamstress. Whether she wanted to or not, she was going to have to go to the ball Park was throwing to announce the entrance of his granddaughter, about a week away. Just recently she was even able to wrap her head around the fact that Joy was the granddaughter of this powerful underground boss and only legitimate heir.

 

“Ha, don’t you dare.” She snapped, taking the dress and changing. “I would never leave Jimin. I love him. He’s literally my everything but he, he!” she paused, peeking to see how Joy was holding in a small laugh. “He’s so bold!”

 

Joy laughed, holding her side. “Yes, he is. When I first talked to him, he asked me if Taehyung was pleasing me well enough. If not, he could give Tae some pointers. I turned so red. Jinyoung pulled him away to tell him he couldn’t say such things. But he’s harmless, really.”

 

“Really? Has he told you he likes you?”

 

“No.” Joy spoke, sitting down with one of the options for her dress still on, they were waiting for approval from her grandfather for the color that was a light pink. “He did tell me he thinks you’re beautiful and likes you. He even told Jimin that he should treasure you because he would be there, if ever he messes up.”

 

That was news to her. She peeked back out, getting a glare from the seamstress. “He did what?”

 

“He told Jimin to watch his back and Jimin almost pounced on him. It was quite entertaining seeing Jaebum cackling as Tae and Jinyoung held Jimin back. It happened the second night you were here. I only saw because I was getting something to eat since I was hungry. Jimin didn’t tell you?”

 

She hadn’t been told anything about it. She was none the wiser but then she did recall that that night Jimin cornered her in her room, locked the door and for no reason other than saying he was just in the “mood” he made love to her. She blinked. He had been oddly more passionate than before and seemed to enjoy her having been loud. Had he? She flushed. She did not put it past Jimin to do such a thing, stick his claim on her as he made her . Suddenly, she felt so dirty, she faced the seamstress as she protectively covered her chest. She was going to have to talk to Park Jimin. Talk to him about his obvious jealousy … and how she actually wanted him to keep being as passionate because that was probably the best , she had had with him.

 

Her thoughts paused when she heard doors being slammed open and someone exclaiming for the person to stop. The voice was Jaebum’s and when she peeked once again, also once more annoying the seamstress who was calling her difficult, she saw a tall and rather slim woman walk in. She was wearing sunglasses. Her hair was this strawberry blonde, long, and in waves. She was wearing heels, making her look even taller. Joy had stood up, dropping the snack she was holding. Behind the woman, running steps were heard and soon both Jimin and Taehyung appeared. She noted how everyone but her, seemed to recognize the said woman. The woman took off her sunglasses and let out an unamused chuckle as she looked to Joy and then back to who Seulgi figured, was Taehyung.

 

“Well, I guess if the princess come back I gotta come back too. Shame, you never even paid attention to me did you, Taetae?”

 

“Chaeyoung?” Joy spoke as the woman looked back, curtsying.

 

“Hey, sis. Long time no see, but considering I was sent to boarding school the moment I was to enter high school, not surprising right?”

 

Seulgi let drop. “Joy, you have a sister?!”

 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅⑉〜⇥

 

 

Namjoon:

“What happened?”

 

He sighed, rubbing his face when he walked into the room that Yoongi, Hoseok, and surprisingly Jungkook, were in. Jin was gone. He had up and left without letting anyone know. The only reason he knew was because as he was being lazy—after having another tiring dinner with the Lee’s—laying on his bed with Jisoo who was running her finger through his hair, on the cusp of sleep, Suho ran through the door. There was no knock. No warning and he was happy that he and Jisoo hadn’t thought about doing anything else other than talking. But the news that Suho brought made all the tiredness he felt go away, making him call Yoongi.

 

Kim Seokjin was gone, and he took with him, Bae Joohyun.

 

“I don’t know what happened.” He spoke, feeling the weight of everything because they all knew Sehun was up to something.

 

“I think I know what may have happened. I know I had to talk to Baekhyun about what happened, but I didn’t think he would …” Hoseok started, looking at them all. “He killed someone. I was there. I heard one of the guards say that one of our men showed up dead during the nightly patrol. We stalked him down and while we interrogated him, Jin came in and found out he was here from the Chinese triad to kill Irene. Something snapped. Jin lost it, took my gun and point blank shot the man in the head. It wasn’t until after the matter happened that he seemed to realize what he did. He’s been a mess and that was two days ago.”

 

“Wait, he did this over someone wanting to kill her?” Jungkook asked.

 

Namjoon stared at him with tight lips. “Okay, why is he here?”

 

“Yah!”

 

“It’s never too early to have him sit in on meetings. You need to stop thinking this is some sort of vacation, Kook. This is serious and when the semester starts, both you and Yeri are going back.” Yoongi spoke, sternly looking at Jungkook who pouted.

 

“Irene means a lot to Jin, Kook.” Hoseok started, looking down at his hands. “I also asked him why he saved her and is keeping her safe. She was his first patient. They spent a lot of time together, growing and learning. Before any of this, they were friends. If he just left her, he felt like he was turning his back on the vow he made when he became a doctor. And now, he kills someone. The opposite of what he does because he was scared. He needs her, Kook. He needs her to keep sane and see that he isn’t bad. In all honesty, compare to everyone else who grew up in this world, Irene is rather tame and innocent. Jin needs that reminder and just the thought of her being taken made him panic. He reacted before he processed everything.”

 

Namjoon waited to see Jungkook’s reaction, which was to nod. He looked down, almost crestfallen as if understanding the situation at hand. He wasn’t sure if Jungkook fully did. Unlike him, Taehyung, and Yoongi; Jungkook didn’t need to have a fear someone would take Yeri and harm her. His meetings with the Lee’s let him know that more than anything, Mark was heartbroken, but his threats were empty threats. He wasn’t going to hurt Yeri. Instead, he placed a gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter