xii: heartbeat

Bewilderment #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sooyoung:

            She couldn’t really sleep. She didn’t know what to expect from meeting with Jin. She never knew what to expect when with Jin. He would always surprise her. All of the previous night—both Seulgi and Yerim—continued to talk about boys. More specifically, Seulgi whined about Jimin just never seeming to make a move when she’s made it obvious, she’s interested. While Yerim just wanted to finally go on a date with the boy, she is interested in.

 

Majority of her day was spent mindlessly walking around her apartment. She had received a phone call from an unknown number, but they didn’t talk back. There was silence on the other line. But then, Taehyung texted. He apologized for his behavior and said it was good to finally know who she likes and that she told him. He wished her luck and that probably hurt more than being told no—he doesn’t feel the same. She hid it though, she replied with wishing him luck with Irene. Taehyung never texted back.

 

It was finally late afternoon. Jin wanted her to see the sunset from one of his favorite spots. Sooyoung stepped out of the bus and Jin was already waiting there with a smile. Again, she was reminded about how handsome he is. He was this effortless kind of handsome. The females near him could notice but he was looking at her. It was wrong to think it—but it was still there in her thoughts. She wished that Taehyung, just once, would look at her the way that Jin does. As if she were, his world and she wanted to give that to him. They had an obstacle and that was Kim Taehyung. She felt like such a horrible person.

 

“Hey,” she was the first to speak as he took a hold of her hand like always. She let him because whenever he did, she could almost—almost—picture them being together.

 

“You look as beautiful as ever Joy. Are you hungry? I think we have time before the sunset and I’m kind of hungry.”

 

She laughed at his comment and nodded yes. Jin guided them somewhere, talking about random things and always making puns about different things. She felt comfortable with him. Just one week and it was as if they knew each other for so long. Sooyoung knew it was because he confessed and the moment, he did she let her walls down. Sure, Taehyung owned her whole heart, but Jin was knocking at the door and she was ready to let him in. Just a bit longer and she would cave.

 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅〜⑉⇥

 

 


Sungjae:

He wasn’t sure what to do with the information he had received. Sungjae was currently back in Daegu. He knew he was being followed. The black car stood out like a sore thumb, but he was positive that they were doing it on purpose. Still, he rather them not be so close to him when he just found this information.

 

Something had come over him and he just needed to make sure she was okay. He called Joy and just hearing her voice was enough. She didn’t deserve this. She didn’t deserve what was ultimately going to come her way. She was nothing but sweet and funny. He never stopped loving her. However, he only had himself to blame for breaking her heart. He let his jealousy make the better of him and didn’t trust her. So, when Taehyung let his true feelings out for him to see—he let himself be beat up.

 

He had hurt her more than she did him. He wasn’t truthful either. He knew Joy hadn’t kissed Taehyung back. He saw her push him back and slap him. What hurt him—was seeing how even after Taehyung passed out, she still stayed by his side, calling a friend and crying. Joy loved him. He knew Joy loved him, but she also had strong feelings for Taehyung, and he could see that. For one glorious moment, he thought he had beat his friend for Joy's feelings. He liked her for so long and when Taehyung started to date—he took his chance and like an idiot, ruined it.

 

Sungjae should not have slept with Jisoo and he should not have spread the photos he had coerced Joy into sending him. Of course, Taehyung would not be happy with seeing those kinds of pictures of his next-door neighbor who he has liked for a long time.

 

There was no such thing as men and women being best friends. Either one or both fall for each other. That was Joy and Taehyung. There was no way Sungjae could ever replace Taehyung in her heart. Taehyung would have to be the biggest idiot to be dethroned. On the other hand — with the information, he found out—Taehyung didn’t have to do anything. Eventually he would be dethroned, if Joy knew the hand he played in her life.

 

Sungjae did not want this information. He did not want to know the Kim he was being asked for was Kim Taehyung or that Joy—Park Sooyoung—was the one the man was looking for and after.

 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅〜⑉⇥

 

 


Taehyung:

He didn’t have time to meet with Jin. Well, more like the latter didn’t have time to meet with him. Taehyung knew why. He was meeting Joy at the Han River today. They probably were already there somewhere.

 

“It’s a nice day for a date, don’t you think?”

 

He glared at Jimin. Ever since the morning—after Jimin ended up hitting him on the side of his head and calling him an idiot because he was so dense—his friend decided to tag along with him on what Jimin called a “date". It wasn’t. Earlier in the week Irene had said she wanted to do a shoot of the sunset at the Han River. She wasn’t sure how to best capture it or if she needed anything more. He merely shrugged until she said she wanted him in it, so she could use it for the project. He agreed—because he had already agreed to help her and be her model.

 

To prove to Jimin that it wasn’t a date, he told him to tag along. That also meant Jungkook tagged along but his reasons were completely selfish. Jungkook only came to try to spy on Jin and Joy. He wasn’t completely sure how his friend would end up doing that considering the Han River was a big place and the chances that they would run into them in the same area, were slim.

 

“They’re too many couples here? What if they become a couple?” Jungkook was bouncing up and down on his feet. He skipped his kick boxing class just to be here. “Oh, wait Rim is calling. Must take the call from the boss.”

 

“They're friendship is weird. Yerim seems to despise him. Meanwhile Kook seems to enjoy bothering her. Either way, they get along.” Jimin was watching Jungkook talking on the phone. Every so often, their friend would guffaw, and something told Taehyung that he was teasing the girl. “Bet, he falls for her.”

 

“I don’t think so. Isn’t she interested in someone right now? Besides, Jungkook is crushing on Joy.”

 

“Yeah, and you’re supposed to be crushing on Irene but since we got here your eyes have been wandering around in hope of catching a glimpse of the couple who is supposed to be here. Face it Tae, you’re jealous and I know if Kook liked Yerim it would make your life easier.”

 

Taehyung didn’t reply but looked down to stop his wandering eyes. Yes. He was jealous. The conversation from last night and in the morning kept playing in his mind. He was two. He was number two of what Hoseok said and now he was sure he would rather stay two. Joy likes Jin. It was said multiple times in his head. She told him she likes Jin and as her best friend, he should respect that. She did that for him, multiple times. It was time he did the same for her. If Joy would be happy—he would swallow his jealousy down and be happy. Besides, Jin was a nice guy and in reality, that was what made him more upset.

 

Why? Because after talking and pondering for so long he decided to finally admit that yes—he did have more than just friendly feelings for Joy, and it took him having to stay away and watching Jin and Jungkook come in and take his spot for him to realize—damn he likes Joy and m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter