iv: meetings

Bewilderment #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seokjin:

        “Make sure you actually take a break this time. Don’t just pretend to go home and rest when you’re still changing things on the files.”


Seokjin smirked at his fellow employee—nodding at everything, they said. He was older than she was but still she treated him as if he was the younger brother.


“You need rest too, Seungwan. Maybe go out on more dates.”
 

“When you get a girlfriend, then I’ll start working on my love life.”
 

He let a laugh out, walking away with his bag on hand. It had been a good couple of months since he last had had a day off. Not just a day—but also a whole week this time. It was always his dream to be a doctor so he could not complain. He loved what he did. It wasn’t the most rewarding of jobs but there were moments. The moments when you know, you helped someone get better. Even if there were sad moments, there were also happy moments. Stretching his neck from side to side, he felt the tightness. He did need this break.
 

Seokjin walked out the front entrance, breathing in the air but creasing his brows together when he noted the clouds appearing. It was not as if he didn’t get any fresh air, he did when he would go up on the roof top. Just being out was what made it a different experience for him. His phone buzz on his hand. Looking down he smiled while reading the text from his longtime friend.

 

Joonie~
I heard u r free! So am I,
for the next 2 days.
Come hang out wit us
and finally meet my cousin.

 

He replied with inquiring the address of where to meet his friends. He made his way to the parking garage that employees usually would leave their cars parked. Taking the keys from his pocket he pressed the button to find his car. The beep came from nearby; a smile grazed his lips upon seeing the car. Once inside he inhaled—it still smelled new, and it was because he never actually drove it much. He took his phone out and placed it on the holder that sat on top of his dashboard, opened the GPS and typed in the address. How was the world outside of the hospital? The last year, he spent doing his residency. He still needed another one in a half before he was officially done but even those doing residency would get breaks from time to time. He felt like he forgot how to function in the real world.


As he drove, Seokjin stopped at a red light. He gently drummed his fingers on the wheel as he waited for the light to change. Turning to look to the right he paused. There was a girl—no—more like a young woman walking past. Her hair being blown backwards due to the wind. It was long and fell in loose waves. She wasn’t dressed in an eye-catching outfit but a simple one. A yellow knit sweater with skinny jeans. She was carrying a book bag, which let him know she was a student. She paused her walking to pull her hair up in a ponytail to avoid it from flying around. The more he observed her face the more intrigued he became. She was beautiful in the most effortless of ways and something about the way she carried herself made him think that she was not fully aware of her own beauty.
 

He also noted that she looked stressed over something. The biting of her lip and how her eyes shift from side to side let him know something was on her mind.


The honking of a horn snapped him back to reality. The light was green. Tearing his eyes away from the walking figure, Seokjin looked into the rearview mirror. He hoped that fate would bring them together again. It wasn’t that he never had seen a beautiful woman before. Many nurses were quite attractive and some patients as well—one particular one he looked after for years came to mind. He had flings here and there with nurses or in med school. They just were not what he would usually pursue. For him, the walking girl was everything he had been looking for.


 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅〜⑉⇥

 

 

Taehyung:

“Taehyung, what the hell are you doing here?”


Taehyung was still too bewildered to comprehend what was happening. Yoongi was in front of him, hiding with him as figures running around them, was heard passing. Hadn’t he just enquired about Yoongi's whereabouts to their friends?


“I’ve been working, and you are one of the last people I would have hoped to see—here of all places. Again, what are you doing here?”


He could not tell him that it was because of a girl.


“You came here for a girl?! Is it Joy? Please tell me she’s not here.”


How did Yoongi know what he was thinking? Moreover, no. Of course, it wasn’t Joy. He would not bring Joy here—ever! It was Joohyun. That is right. He was following Joohyun.
 

“You’re thinking out loud you idiot. I’m glad Joy’s not here but who’s Joohyun? Stalking is a crime Tae.”


Finally, his brain started to function. He was mumbling aloud. His mouth was agape, and he closed it when he took a good look at Yoongi. His friend was dressed in a suit; the suit seemed to be the same as the ones the men had been wearing. Namjoon had mentioned something about him being undercover—was Yoongi infiltrating the men who he saw kill another man? Taehyung did not want any part of it. He made a move to stand up but Yoongi pulled him back down.


“Look, we'll talk more in a bit. Just stay put, I will handle this and no I will not answer every single one of your questions. It’s classified work.”


Yoongi stood up and walked away from the drums. He watched as the former started to do jumping jacks in place—building up a sweat and starting to breathe heavily. Then Yoongi ran a couple of yards up front, bent over his knees and huffed. Immediately one of the men came running up to him.


“Did you catch him Suga?”


“No,” Yoongi shook his head. “He was really fast and got away before I could catch him.”


“It’s okay. One of the men saw his face. It’s only due time before we catch him. We need to make sure this information doesn’t leak out before we have a handle of the situation we’re currently facing.”


“I don’t think he saw anything. Maybe he was walking around and ran due to seeing the body. You know how curious the youth are.”


“You know we can’t be too careful. Anyway, the boss called. You’re free for the rest of the day. I’ll send you the information for what needs to be done later.”


The man left Yoongi who waved goodbye to him in a casual yet meaningless manner. Once the man was out of sight, Yoongi turned a sharp eye on him. Taehyung knew he was in trouble. He heard everything. They saw his face. He was going to die! His eyes must have spelt out the fear he was facing because Yoongi walked towards him. He offered his hand and helped him up. He was still shaken over everything that happened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter