xxix: hear me out

Bewilderment #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jimin:

           There was no way to hide the smirk on his face. He was watching how his best friend was squirming under Seulgi’s stare. His girlfriend was pacing back and forth in front of Taehyung who was only twiddling with his thumbs and not looking at her. He was being bashful and honestly, he did not blame his friend. He could hold back his want to laugh, considering Joy was still sleeping and if she saw them interrogating Taehyung, she would flip.

 

“Kim Taehyung, what do you think you were doing to my innocent baby?”

 

He couldn’t hold it in anymore and burst into a fit of giggles. Last night, he had attempted to get some of the food Taehyung had bought for Joy. He didn’t let him or Hoseok eat any. They waited patiently, expecting the two to come out of her room and join them in the living room. That wasn’t the case. When a solid hour passed, he decided enough time had passed for them to have talked and made up. He attempted to open the door and realized it had been locked.

 

Seulgi had left because Yeri had called her. It was just him and Hoseok. Being the curious youth, they were, they did everything possible to pick the lock before Hoseok found a key in one of the kitchen drawers. It was the master key to the rooms in the apartment. They tiptoed to the door right when Jungkook came back drunk, asking—more like demanding for Yeri to come out and allow him to tell her how much he likes her.

 

They took about ten minutes trying to get him to be quiet. They had to tape his mouth down with duct tape. Once done, Jimin went back to the door, unlocking it and peeking in.

 

What had met his eyes, was not what he expected. In front of him was Taehyung and Joy in a rather heated and heavy make-out session. They were laying on her bed with Taehyung looming over her and kissing her like he needed her to survive. He knew it was mainly Taehyung leading the kiss because Joy pulled back to breathe and Taehyung continued to kiss down her jaw and neck. His friends’ hands were on the girl’s waist, slightly moving up and down as if he was trying to memorize the outline of her waist with his fingertips. Soon Joy brought his lips back to her own. They didn’t even notice him, there in the doorway as they were lost in whatever lust they were in.

 

Jimin closed the door once realizing that witnessing them kiss and hearing the small moans come from Joy’s mouth had somehow turned him on. He pretended like he didn’t see anything but Hoseok took the key and peeked in himself with now Jungkook passed out on the couch, Jungkook grabbed at his duct taped lips in his drunken stupor. Jimin had to stop Hoseok from yelling when he heard the intake of breath. The door was a lot more open. Actually, the door was almost wide open but the two in the room where in their own world to not hear the commotion, yet again.

 

Jimin had to drag Hoseok away and close the door as quietly as possible before Hoseok whispered loudly. “He’s like eating princess and we’re not stopping him?!!”

 

Hoseok didn’t keep his mouth shut as Seulgi walked up with Yeri who took one look at the passed out Jungkook and ran to his side, reprimanding them for duct taping his mouth when the possibility of him drowning on his own vomit was big. Jimin only gave her a snide comment that Jungkook only drank because she refused to talk to him. While he did, Hoseok let Seulgi know what was going on behind the closed door.

 

Seulgi had stalked over and pulled the door open to only have the two lovebirds not kissing anymore but asleep next to each other. It made Seulgi have to wait until morning when she dragged a half-asleep Taehyung out of the room and onto the couch after yelling “enough is enough” next to his own sleeping form.

 

He woke up to that.

 

Taehyung’s hair was a mess. He had complained about a dry mouth but Seulgi ignored him. Jimin could also see a small mark at the corner of his jaw.

 

“Are you two together now or what?” Seulgi demanded and Taehyung flinched.

 

He shook his head.

 

Seulgi smacked him on the back of it.

 

“And you dare just kiss her like that? I mean, how are you going to go to school with that mark on your jaw? I can only imagine what your greedy mouth did to her.”

 

Taehyung pouted, putting his hands together in supplication. “I’ll wear a mask and pretend I’m not feeling well. I’m not dumb! I swear I left no mark on her.” his eyes looked downcast before he spoke again. “Besides, we’re not together. She said she doesn’t know if she likes me more or Jin. But she let me kiss her and if she picks Jin, last night would have been my only chance. Sue me! I took advantage of the fact that I got to make-out with the girl I love! Is that a crime?!”

 

Seulgi turned to look at him and he shrugged. He didn’t know what Joy was playing at but whatever it was she was playing at, she had Taehyung begging on his knees. He was rather impressed and also shook his head. His friend wasn’t even dating Joy officially yet, but he was already whipped. Not surprising—since Taehyung had always been whipped for Joy.

 

“Wait, she said she doesn’t know who she likes more?” Seulgi asked and Taehyung nodded with another pout while he scratched the back of his neck. “That sneaky bish.” Jimin tilted his head, hearing Seulgi’s whisper. “Did you at least tell her how you feel?”

 

“I told her I love her and am in love with her. I also told Jin I wasn’t backing down. We kind of already have a whole ‘let the best man win’ thing going on.” Taehyung looked at Seulgi. “Can I have water now?”

 

She nodded, turning and running up to him with this giddy smile as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pecking his lips. He smiled at that. “She’s literally making him pay and he’s an idiot to believe her.”

 

“It’s Tae, what do you expect.”

 

“Not someone to think Joy would let him kiss her like he did if she didn’t have feelings for him.” Seulgi stepped back. “How long will she make him wait?”

 

“By seeing how needy they both were for each other, I don’t think it’ll be that long before she tells him. Maybe after my birthday? It is in two days.” Jimin shrugged but then watched as Taehyung hurriedly gathered his things and was heading out the door. “Tae, where are you going?”

 

“Yoongi!”

 

That was all he said before running out the door. It was six in the morning. Why did he have to suddenly see Yoongi? He walked to where Taehyung left the half-drunk cup of water. Next to it was a wedding invitation for Joy, labeled Park Sooyoung. He didn’t recognize the couple in the picture. The sounds of small footsteps made him look up to see Joy peeking from her half open door. She was biting her lip and from what he could see, Taehyung had lied. Joy had about three hickeys on her neck he could see. One of them was above her collarbone. He glanced to Seulgi who looked to be fuming and mumbled “Kim Taehyung” under her breath.

 

“Was that a dream?” Joy asked, as if trying to find a trace of Taehyung.

 

“If it was, did you give yourself those hickeys?” he teased, watching her clutch at her neck. “He just left, needing to see Yoongi for something. So, you can’t decide? Park Joy, I did not expect you to be this sneaky.”

 

Joy smiled at him. “It was only partly a lie. I do need to let Jin know before I can allow myself to be in a relationship with Tae. It’s only right. To properly reject Jin. Besides, Tae needs to suffer ... but damn if it were true that I didn’t know who I liked more, last night would have definitely been a deciding factor.”

 

Joy was playing with her hair, smiling to herself as it seemed she was recalling the previous night’s events. She looked happy and he was happy. From how they first saw her last night, he was worried that Taehyung had messed up again, but it didn’t seem like it. His two friends were fools. Fools for each other.

 

“What are you going to do about Irene? I feel like that girl won’t give up easily.” Seulgi spoke, smiling like him at seeing a bright Joy.

 

“I don’t know.” Joy paused, smiling really big again. “He told me he loves me and has loved me for a while.”

 

“You’re whipped.” Seulgi scowled, turning around to go into her room. Joy turned to him with a confused look in her eyes.

 

“It’s okay, he’s whipped for you too. I also think it is time for me to confess ... Hoseok and I saw you guys making out and damn, you both have no restrains.”

 

“Park Jimin!”

 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅〜⑉⇥

 

 

Yerim:

Yerim was minding her own business, looking through books at the bookstore that may intrigue her on reading. She passed through each shelf and picked some up, only to put them down. Everything was centered around romance and she didn’t want that. She had been doing a great job at ignoring Jungkook’s texts and calls. Yesterday seemed like he needed to desperately see her. She merely replied that she would see him later but when she received a drunk call from him, she worried and decided to ask Seulgi for help. Luckily, due to him having passed out—Jungkook probably didn’t know she was the other half that helped carry him home and tuck him to bed. It was best that way.

 

She was aware it was a school day, but she didn’t want to go. Ditching was what she was doing. It wasn’t like she had chemistry that day anyway. Still, there was one lab assignment she and Jungkook had yet to work on. She was avoiding him too much to even think about going in and working alone with him. The embarrassment from the party was still raw and just knowing Joy wasn’t officially taken. She couldn’t believe he liked her. If she was completely honest with herself, it wasn’t Joy that was stopping her. It was the worry that he didn’t genuinely care for her. A fear of having a repeat of Taeyong and if it were Jungkook—she didn’t know what she would do.

 

A sudden noise made her jump. She turned to see Jaehyun leaning over her with a smile. She was getting used to seeing him around. His dimple was showing, and it made her own smile come out. She would and could swoon at his dimple forever. He was becoming a comfort in her life. His dimple though, reminded her of Jungkook’s.

 

“You know it’s going to be a great day when you see something as beautiful as you in the morning.”

 

Yerim blushed, gently pushing him for his teasing. “What are you doing here, Jaehyun?”

 

“Well, you won’t believe me. There I was, thinking back about this great date I had last night with this girl I really like and there she was, by the window as I passed this bookstore on the way to school. Fate, right?”

 

She was stuck on him calling last night a date. She hadn't seen it that way. They had had dinner and he did walk her through the park and to her home. So, it was a date and she just wasn’t aware of it. Jaehyun was giving her attention she didn’t know she craved. Even when he knew how she felt about him and her feelings for Jungkook. He had told her, at her doorstep that as long as she keeps ignoring Jungkook and not wanting to see him, he might as well make the most of it and court her to woo her feelings to him.

 

“Are you free tonight?”

 

Yerim looked up, having been lost in her thoughts until Jaehyun spoke, having leaned closer to her. She needed to tell him and let him down slowly if he didn’t recall how she really felt and for who. “I—uh well...”

 

“She has prior engagements.”

 

She froze. No. She knew that voice. She knew that voice very well. It made her heart flutter at its velvetiness. It was too smooth and made her knees grow weak. She was too afraid to turn around and see the man who she had been ignoring yet occupying her mind 24/7. She did wonder if he had a hangover.

 

“No. I don’t, I’m free.”

 

She felt as her wrist was grabbed, and she was yanked back away from Jaehyun. She attempted to stay by grabbing his hand but Jungkook was stronger than she was. She watched with sad eyes as Jaehyun let her be dragged, as if he was too afraid to mess with Jungkook. Traitor.

 

He dragged her for a good block before she yanked her arm back once she felt him loosen up a little. Jungkook spun to look at her surprised. It should be the other way around. Why was he even dragging her? She crossed her arms, sticking her stance.

 

“What’s your problem?” she knew what his problem was, but she wanted to be a brat.

 

“You are!”

 

“Excuse me?” she expected something similar but not for him to say it so quickly.

 

“You’ve been ignoring me. Why?”

 

So, he wanted to get into the reasons why? From the beginning, it was because she was afraid to fall for him and she slowly started to avoid him. Second, he was too possessive and angry with Taeyong—which ended up being a good reason. Third, it was her. It was all her. She was afraid. Afraid of hearing rejection from him, to be told he only did what he did because she was important to him like a sister. Then, she found out from Seulgi that he had gone and seen Jaehyun after the latter dropped her off and in a sense that angered her, who did he think he was?

 

“You threatened Jaehyun, why?” she was fuming and could feel she was going to blow soon.

 

“He-I-I...” Jungkook seemed at a loss of words. “I don’t like him!”

 

“What? That is the stupidest reason I have ever heard! He’s a good friend.” she did not like how his words had given her hope enough she had to fight back a smile. You’re mad, remember!

 

“You’re my friend Yeri. I don’t want you getting hurt by him, he’s a friend of Taeyong and you know how that turned out.”

 

“You can stop.” she wasn’t looking at him. His words were as good as any rejection, everything she feared. “I’m not a child. I may be young but I’m not stupid. You don’t need to take care of me like that. It only gives false hope.”

 

Jungkook had come closer to her when she lowered her voice, to be able to hear her. Or so she told herself as to why he did, she wasn’t looking at him at that moment. “False hope for what?” why did he sound so confused?

 

“I like you.”

 

She heard him chuckle. “I like you too.”

 

Jungkook made a motion to hold her hands but she pushed him back.

 

“No. You don’t get it. I like you, like as more than a friend. I have feelings for you, and you don’t help. Look, I can’t compare to Joy. I don’t expect you to like me back so stop giving me false hope. Just let me find someone who likes me. Jaehyun’s a good guy. He’s nice and I know he genuinely likes me.”

 

“Wait Yerim, what? No. You don’t like him.”

 

An odd look passed through his eyes which she couldn’t pinpoint. It was like he was hiding what he was feeling. Sighing she shook her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter