ii: realization

Bewilderment #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                  

 

 

Sooyoung:

3 Hours Earlier

 

“Has anybody seen V? He should be here by now.”

“Hey, I think she’s asking you.”

“I didn’t hear her say my name, so I don’t think she is.”

“She’s glaring at you.”

“Park Joy answer my damn question!”

 

Sooyoung—or better known as Joy by everyone around her simply spun around to look at her fellow classmate—Jennie. She kept the eye contact for a couple of seconds before shrugging and turning back around. To everyone around her, she seemed chic and cool as she ignored replying to the outburst. On the inside and as discreetly as possible, she was frantically texting away on her phone, demanding to know where Taehyung was and why he wasn’t where he said he would be. Most importantly, why was he ignoring her texts? Cursing under her breath, she huffed after putting her phone away, turning to her friend.

 

Seulgi looked at her with a titled head. “Something’s up, isn’t it? It's not like him to back off on a promise and ignore when his ‘princess’ is beckoning.”

 

“I'm not his princess. And I don’t know where he is. All I know is the moment I see him I will bash his face in!”

 

At that moment as Sooyoung punched her own palm to show how serious she was to Seulgi, the classroom door burst open revealing a panting Taehyung. Everyone in class spun around to watch him. He stood up straight and merely smiled at them all with his signature chuckle that made all the girls in the class swoon. As always, Kim Taehyung as an effortless heartthrob on campus. She mumbled a quick “idiot" under her breath and watched as Jennie stood up to welcome him in and lead him towards the center. Behind him—now that he was away from the doorway, Sooyoung curiously watched as her other friend—Park Jimin, snuck in. He wasn’t in the class, but she knew exactly why he was there.

 

“Sorry, I lost sense of time and I’m late.”

 

She turned back to the front as soon as Taehyung spoke. She snarled at him as he winked at her. If he thought she would easily forgive him for this, he was wrong. She was going to make sure he knew how annoyed she was at the lack of his promise keeping—which was very unlike him.

 

“V is going to be our male model for the next couple of days, if needed. It was really kind of him to take time out of his busy schedule to help us.”

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at Jennie's saccharine filled words. Everyone on campus knew that she had a crush on Taehyung and by default hated her for being the closest female to him. What nobody knew—not even Seulgi—was that she didn’t leave him much of an option to say no to her request. About a week ago, Jennie had approached her in the friendliest of manners. Right away, she knew something was off. It came to no surprise to her when Jennie asked if she could get Taehyung to be the male model for the new assignment in their drawing class. Of course—he would be paid. She rejected the offer right away. Seeing a Taehyung was not in her agenda. However, Jennie was persistent and promised that the most he would be, would be shirtless and nothing more. Later on, in the semester they would have actual models. “To have someone like Kim Taehyung be our model would look good on all of our portfolios.”

 

So, she begged Taehyung with her saddest of faces and pouts she could muster. It was for her grade; she would fail if he didn’t do it because Jennie was out to get her and was the teacher's favorite. He only agreed after she threatened to reveal the picture, she has of him when he was so drunk asleep on her bed, hugging her pillow, wearing her nightgown, and his thumb. A day he would hate recalling and when he had come back from his first year in Seoul for a week.

 

“Joyie, Joyie, Joyie. You are amazing you know that? Blackmailing him into doing this and still not having him hate you is something I could never do.”

 

She smiled towards Jimin who had grabbed a chair, situated himself between her and Seulgi, and threw him a thumb up. “Are you here to take humiliating pictures?”

 

“You bet! I just wonder what pose Jennie is gonna make him do.”

 

“Whatever it is, his profile is an artistic gold. I can’t wait to draw it, thanks Joy!”

 

Sooyoung only smiled as Seulgi was watching Taehyung intently, already making measurements with her eyes and holding up her pencil to the correct angles. Jimin protested beside her. “He’s not that good looking! I say my profile is just as great. Don’t you think Joy?”

 

“Sure, thing Mochi. So why aren’t you up there?” Seulgi bantered back.

 

“Because no one requested me.” Replied Jimin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter