i: start

Bewilderment #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                 

 

 

Taehyung:

        How did he get here? Why was he even here? What made him take the route in the first place? It wasn’t his normal route. It was completely different. Was it that new girl? Yeah, he was following that new girl. Then he lost sight of her. That turned out to be a good thing because then he would have been a creep and Joy wouldn’t let him hear the end of his “stalking.” Now he was there, with nowhere to hide or go. He was confused, scared, but most of all utterly lost. Drops were felt on his head as it was starting to rain. Great, so not only was he unable to move after seeing what he saw but now he was getting rained on.

 

Slowly he started to back away but slipped from the puddle behind him. The gravel under his foot made a sound. It should not have been heard, except everything was quiet, only the small sounds of the rain starting to pick up the pace was heard. The people in front of him all turned in his direction. He was screwed.

 

Immediately he started to run, only to end up running into someone who dragged him away, behind some drums. Taehyung was breathing heavily, and he jumped when the person touched his shoulder.

 

“Yo-yoongi?”

 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅〜⑉⇥

 

 


6 Hours Earlier

 

The day was barely starting but he was already wishing it was over. It didn't help that he lacked sleep. He could only really blame himself for procrastinating on the assignment that was due. He always did hate writing papers. As he walked onto campus, he could hear the bustling of those around him. At least today was a Friday. That meant the weekend was coming and he could finally start having a life. It wasn't that he was a playboy per say—but he did enjoy going out and flirting with the pretty girls at the clubs. He really couldn't remember the last time he had a girlfriend. Was it back when he was 17? Why did he even go out in the first place if it wasn't to find a girlfriend?

 

"Hey, we missed ya yesterday." A voice spoke beside him as he was shoved in a friendly manner. 

 

Jungkook smiled up at him with his bunny smile—scrunching his nose. He could only let out a breathy chuckle at his younger friend. Of course, Jungkook had more time. He was a sophomore and still not having decided what his major was going to be just yet. He on the other hand, was not and already well into his photography major. 

 

"Well, some of us don't have time."

 

"Nah, Sooyoung told me how you like to procrastinate." 

 

"Was Joy there? And when did you two get so close?" 

 

"She wasn't there. I just happened to see her at her job before I headed over to the party. You think Namjoon would let her go on a school night? Besides, you're the scariest of them all. We're also not close—considering she still hasn't told me to call her Joy." 

 

"You have it backwards, kid." 

 

"Chill lover boy, I won't steal her away. Although she is a beauty." 

 

Taehyung turned a sharp eye towards Jungkook who just laughed it off. "I'm not a lover boy." He said it through gritted teeth.

 

"Sure, whatever makes you sleep at night. I'll see you later." 

 

Jungkook waved bye as he ran off to meet up with some of his classmates. Taehyung stood in the middle of the courtyard, watching him go. What Jungkook said didn't bother him, he was used to it. He first met Park Sooyoung—or Joy as she liked to be called—when she first entered high school. She had moved from Jeju Island to Daegu during the summer. They were neighbors but he didn't know that due to being gone most the summer at his grandparents' farm. Once he came back, he didn't pay much attention to the neighbors and only prepared to go back to school and see his friends again. Their meeting wasn't the best of first meetings. 

 

Taehyung was—for lack of sounding conceited—very popular among the girls. So, when Joy approached him in school, he thought her to be one of his many new admirers for that school year. Her being a year younger than him made him think she was bold. Either way he was not interested. Before she could even say what, she wanted to say to him, he coldly rejected her. 

 

"I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in girls who still have baby fat on their cheeks."

 

It wasn't a lie. Joy wasn't fat or chubby, but her cheeks were still round and innocent like the young girl she was. She was cute. He found her cute and expected her to cry. He did not expect her to scoff and walk away. Her cheeks had turned a bright red and he knew she was embarrassed. Later in the afternoon, after riding the same bus and getting off at the same stop, did he start to think that perhaps she was stalking him regardless of his rejection. When he had turned around to speak to her once they were near his home—she blatantly ignored him and walked past him. He could hear the music playing in her headphones. Shocked and flabbergasted, he watched as she walked past his home and entered the home next door. She was his new neighbors. 

 

They didn't start off as friends. In fact, she ignored him for majority of the school year. Leaving to school early and waiting around to take a later bus than him after she figured out his scheduled and they had an awkward first morning meeting—after their initial meeting the day before. All throughout that time he was trying to find a way to apologize. Not that long after she began to ignore him and his attempts failed miserably, he got chewed out by his older friend Namjoon about how he treated Joy. It turned out that Namjoon was her older

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter