xxxii: is this bliss?

Bewilderment #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Taehyung:

            The previous night’s plans had been foiled. Foiled and ruined by a certain Kang Seulgi who saw the car and saw Sooyoung with him and dragged her away from him. He whined. He almost cried like a child whose favorite toy was taken from them. According to what Jimin said. In fact, he wanted his favorite toy back. Instead he drove himself home with Jimin next to him. Jimin had a blast, a great time with Seulgi but Seulgi wanted to talk to Sooyoung and it probably had to do with the fact that Jimin told Seulgi he was in love with her and the latter froze.

 

He didn’t understand how Jimin found it all hilarious until his friend told him how one time—in her sleep—Seulgi had murmured that she loved him. He just decided to say it consciously and during their dinner. So, Jimin wasn’t worried. Seeing her flustered made him smile and saying “I love you” shouldn’t be weird for then since they already had become intimate with each other. Turns out Jimin would have liked to have said he loved Seulgi before sleeping with her but one night with a lot of drinking—which killed their nerves—lead them to that point earlier than expected. Neither were drunk, just less uptight due to the alcohol.

 

But Sooyoung escaped. She escaped that Sunday afternoon and showed up at his doorstep while he was developing some pictures. He was curious, worried, low-key scared, when she rang his doorbell. The sigh that left his lips was like a weight lifted off his shoulder. Sooyoung smiled at him, her hair thrown up in a messy bun. She wore a simple t-shirt with her skinny jeans and a jacket. The days were becoming colder and colder. Her cheeks had been pink from the cold. He could tell she still did her makeup. He wanted to laugh. He found her beautiful with or without it and it seemed she just felt more confident with makeup.

 

His afternoon brightened after that. He taught her how to develop pictures.

 

(“Why are so many of these of me?”
“I already told you I’m in love with you.”
“Yeah, but...”
“This was before I admitted okay! I like your face.”)

 

They stayed together in his apartment, only going down to the store because she was appalled at his lack of food.

 

(“No wonder it looks like you’ve lost weight, there’s no food in the fridge!”
“Soo, you sound like my mom.”
“But you are skinny—wait does your mom know about us?”
“Yeah.”
“Oh, that explains her text message.”
“What message?”
“Anyway, food!”)
 

She then made them food to eat. It was simple kimchi fried rice. She kept apologizing for not making something else, but he lacked basic kitchen utensils, so she didn’t have much to work with. He didn’t mind. She had made him food and he ate it with no complains.

 

The evening was spent with them watching a movie. Both being movie buffs, it was no surprise. The difference between then and before was simple, before he could only wrap his arm around her when she was scared. Now, while they watched a simple drama genre, he held her in his arms throughout the whole film. He liked that. He liked that a lot.

 

Taehyung was still conscious of what Jin would be feeling and texted his friend, turned cousin. Jin replied back with a congratulations once Taehyung told him that he had confessed to Sooyoung and she accepted. The congratulations sounded genuine, though he could almost physically tell something else was bothering the elder. Jin told him to be nice to Irene that Monday, she had gotten bronchitis from waiting for him and due to her past health issues. They kept her in the hospital, just to be safe. When he told Sooyoung, she reacted like how he expected her to—she made porridge so that he could give it to Irene and worried over her health.

 

Sooyoung was like a walking angel. He couldn’t help himself from smiling as he wrapped his arms around her waist to kiss her. She had every right to dislike Irene. Irene had even lied to her and attempted to hurt her. Yet, she worried for the girl. If there was a way to fall more in love, he probably had.

 

She was staying the night and that was where they were.

 

It shouldn’t have been weird. No. It wasn’t weird. All of it made perfect sense but waiting, impatiently on his couch while staring blankly at his TV, made him overthink. He wanted Sooyoung to stay but did she think he wanted more? The night before was a fail, but he only wanted to be with her longer. He was starting to sweat. What if she thought him a ert for asking her to stay the night?

 

Taehyung groaned, running a hand through his face when the door behind him opened. Sooyoung had been changing and washing her face. Even though if it had been up to her, she would have kept her makeup on. He told her it wouldn’t be the first time seeing her without makeup. He spent years seeing her without makeup, had she forgotten? Besides that, she also didn’t have any clothes to change into and going to her apartment was not the best of idea considering Seulgi would have made her stay if she returned. He gave her a pair of basketball shorts and a plane white t-shirt he had.

 

He turned, making eye contact with a bashful Sooyoung who was gripping the hem of the shirt. His breath hitched. Sooyoung with or without makeup was always beautiful. Sooyoung wearing anything was beautiful. Sooyoung wearing his clothing—he did not think he would love seeing her in his clothing this much. He stood. He knew his face was red. His ears were burning. How could it not be red?

 

“Do I look okay?” she asked, looking up at him shyly.

 

“You look perfect.”

 

She waved it off, turning to the kitchen before he was even able to reach her. Where was she going? Like a puppy, he followed her. She was drinking water and he leaned against the counter, watching her.

 

“Tae, I don’t know why I’m so nervous.” she was gulping the water rather fast that when she choked, he only snorted because he saw it coming.

 

He went up to her, taking the water bottle from her and rubbing her back. “Why are you nervous?”

 

“I don’t know! Didn’t you hear me say that?" she was borderline hysterical, and he squished her cheeks.

 

“Soo, I’m not going to do anything. I just want you to be with me. There’s nothing to be worried about.” he saw the look that crossed her eyes. “Hey, it has nothing to do with whether or not I am ually attracted to you that I wouldn’t try anything because trust me, I am very attracted to you. I just ... don’t want to rush anything.”

 

She sighed, nodding. “You know me so well.”

 

“It’s years of knowing you. I’ve had practice reading the emotions that cross your eyes.”

 

“Well damn, way to ruin anyone else for me.” she walked past him to sit on the couch. His head snapped so fast to look at her he almost gave himself whiplash.

 

“Excuse me? Anyone else?”

 

He saw the glint in her eyes. That evil glint of teasing as she sat down, shrugging. “Realistically speaking, relationships are a 50/50 chance of either breaking up or getting married. So, I have to be realistic.” she glanced at him and burst into a fit of giggles.

 

The look on his face must have said how much he hated the idea of her even playing with the idea of them breaking up. He was annoyed. “You’re enjoying this—aren’t you?”

 

“Tae, you should have seen your face. I wish I would have taken a picture.”

 

“Not funny, babe. Not funny at all.”

 

She pulled him down to sit by her before she wrapped her arms and leg over him. She had him in a strong hold, kissing him on the cheek. “I really like it when you call me baby or babe. I just do and I was joking. I won’t allow you to ever break up with me. I’d beg on my knees in the rain before even giving in to you wanting to break up.”

 

Taehyung cracked a smile, turning to wrap his arms around her and kissing the top of her head. “You honestly think I’d let you be out in the rain? Baby, listen carefully okay? I will never and I mean never break up with you.”

 

Sooyoung’s response was to kiss him on the lips. He’s wasn’t going to lie and say he didn’t want to kiss her, because he did. He always wanted to kiss her. The thought that maybe he shouldn’t want to kiss her so much did cross his mind—then he reminded himself in how he was practically in love with her for so many years. Of course, he’d act on what he had secretly wanted to do for so long. Sooyoung wasn’t even kissing him deeply. She was laying pecks on his lips. Some were short, some were longer. Each she smiled before doing it again until he just cupped her face and kissed her like he wanted.

 

There was something about her full lips that contradicted his. He didn’t necessarily think his lips were thin but not as full as hers. He pulled her closer as he molded his lips against hers, taking her bottom lip in between his own, gently nibbling on it. She shivered against him, pulling back with a pant. Her lips were red and slightly swollen. He kept staring at them, watching her breath. “Tae?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“We should uhh, probably sleep.”

 

He made eye contact with her, smirking because she suddenly became shy again. “Why are you getting all shy?”

 

“I think you have a stronger will than me.” she cupped her face, touching her cheeks. “I feel so hot! I’m probably so red right now.”

 

“Sooyoungie, you’re so cute.”

 

He hugged her again, burying his face in her neck. She was giggling and it made him just pull her tighter. His hand must have dug unto her side because she jumped. Taehyung pulled back, his top right lip lifting. She was ticklish and he had forgotten. She probably saw the look in his eyes because she made to push him off, but he held her down, tickling her as she squirmed, laughing. It was a mess. She was moving all over the place trying to get him to stop but he didn’t want to. She looked so gleeful, granted also annoyed but gleeful anyway.

 

Sooyoung was laying on the couch, kicking and he hovered over her with a smile on his face. The smile dropped when she clung to his neck. Swiftly she pulled him down and kissed him again. It made him stop tickling her and he knew it was her goal. Either way he felt he won. He kissed back, pushing his tongue through her parted lips, tasting her. Her tongue fought back with his. The first time he had kissed her like this was when he confessed. He should have known she felt the same considering she allowed him to kiss her in such a way.

 

His hands tucked under her and pulled her closer as their lips didn’t part. He kissed her like he had dreamed of doing. He kissed her like she was the only way for him to survive and maybe he should have known by the time she his tongue into that he needed to stop. He groaned, only pulling back to lift himself slightly off of her. Sooyoung watched him innocently, probably not knowing what she had caused. He looked at her and groaned again. She looked too tempting. Abruptly he stood up, trying to discreetly fix the discomfort in his pants.

 

“We should probably sleep. I think you think I have a stronger will, but I don’t.” opened in an o shape, understanding. “I’ll take the couch.”

 

“We’ve shared a bed before.” she was too innocent.

 

“Soo, not when I’m like this, we haven’t.”

 

He only made a gesture to his frustration and she blushed. “Okay, but ... you’ll be there if I need you right?”

 

“What could possibly happen?”

 

That night, he laid awake on the couch after getting ready to sleep, giving her one of his extra toothbrushes he had for later use. That night, he ended up on his bed with her because something did happen. It stormed and she didn’t necessarily call out to him—her whimpers brought him to her. She was cowering on the bed, covering her ears with tears in her eyes. He had sighed, pulling her hands down until she noticed him on the edge of the bed. He held her, soothing her hair as she fell back asleep in his arms once her tears dried. In reality, she was right. They had shared a bed before, and this wasn’t any different. Only difference now was that he didn’t have to be ashamed of hiding his arousal from his best friend, just his girlfriend.

 

 

⇤〜⑉⑅﹎⑅〜⑉⇥

 

 

Sehun:

There had been something about her. Something about that women who caught his eye. She wasn’t doing anything to stand out. She merely sat there with a stoic face. He would have passed her for someone who thought herself to be better than everyone but when she smiled, and her cheeks had a rosy tint—there was just something. She was beautiful in a breathtaking sort of way. When had been the last time he couldn’t breathe because of someone so beautiful?

 

The door to the study opened, breaking his train of thought. It was Dohwan who came in. Sehun sent him a glare. Dohwan had been of no help, when it came to locating Kim Taehyung. More than a week had passed and still no one knew about the guy who was named Kim Taehyung.

 

“So, he does go to the same university as one of the Park Sooyoung’s but he’s like a ghost. I know he’s there and yet nothing.”

 

There was a beat of silence before Sehun sighed. “Nothing on the girl either?”

 

“That same Park Sooyoung, doesn’t know him.”

 

Sehun sent a glare to Dohwan. “You’re pretty useless.”

“Maybe in finding them but not in knowing your little girl toy is having fun on her own from the moment you got Bae Joohyun to be yours.”

 

His face remained stoic. His ears had perked at what he said. He had been busy with different things and just trying to get old Park to talk, he hadn’t had time to see Sejeong. He wouldn’t blame her if she pushed him aside. What good was he? He had someone he cared for and couldn’t even show it. She probably hated him. He gripped his pen. This Park Sooyoung was causing more trouble than he wanted.

 

“She was with Byun, if you were wondering.”

 

Something snapped. He stood up, past Dohwan and headed out of his building. Byun Baekhyun. They used to be friends. In fact, they grew up together. His family always had more power until his father decided to double cross the Lee’s. It was an amazement that it was all blamed to the yakuza, but he knew that Baekhyun knew it was them. The reason for his and Taemin's fiancée’s dying. They weren’t supposed to be there. Sehun wasn’t surprised when his father died. He knew it was coming but it made him more determined to gain more power—so he could be with her.

 

He barely made it out of his building when he spotted her leaning against the wall not that far off. She was smoking, looking at anyone but him. He stalked over to her and she spoke.

 

“The great Oh Sehun finally remembers me?” it came out bitter.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Trying to get over you.”

 

“Is it working?”

 

“No.” she looked at him, stepping on the cigarette bud before putting it out. “No. It’s ing not working. Don’t worry, I didn’t sleep with him. Maybe I was close, but I couldn’t because your damn face kept popping up. Are you satisfied? Satisfied in knowing I would turn my back on my family just to be first in your heart, for one miserable day?”

 

He sighed. They were doomed. Everything about them was doomed from the beginning. He stepped towards her, cupping her face. “You’ve always been number one. You’ve always been the person I break all my rules for, but life dealt us this hand.”

 

“I hate it!”

 

“I know.”

 

“I wish I never met you.”

 

“We would have met event

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter