x: rivals

Bewilderment #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Taehyung:

            It had been four days. Four days in where he felt like a jerk having to stand up and leave with an excuse every time Joy came anywhere remotely close to him at school. Four days since he started to talk to Irene and ran into her when doing his shoot in the city—the same day they formally introduced themselves. Four days since seeing Jin and Joy together, looking happy and closer than he would have expected. Four exact days after having witness Jin confessing, he liked Joy.

 

“I like you, Sooyoung.”

 

Those words would replay excessively in his head. If Irene had not asked him if something was wrong, he probably would have rushed towards them, pulling Joy away from Jin—and punched his friend. He did not. He only watched as Joy walked ahead of Jin, holding her blushing cheeks and Jin calling after her in a playful manner. Irene added unbeknownst oil to the fire burning inside of him by asking if they were dating after noticing who he was looking at. “They look good together.” Those words were also haunting him.

 

Four bloody days, where not even a text from Joy came his way. It wasn’t as if he sent any either. Jimin already noticed his odd behavior, noting he only had “something” to do whenever Joy was around. He laughed it off, saying it was because after spending a few minutes with him, he already knew he wasted too much time.

 

“Whatever you say Tae. Just know she’s also getting suspicious, and a bit peeved you haven’t even told her how you have started talking and spending time with Joohyun. No, wait I think you said she goes by Irene.”

 

Taehyung sighed. Didn’t Jimin know how hard it was for him to not be able to talk to Joy about it? She would be the person that could decipher hidden messages to him. She was his go to girl for this kind of thing. Even if he texted her, he couldn’t because the moment she would reply he would want to see her in person. So, he was refraining from texting and waiting for her.

 

“It’s okay though. She’s been busy spending time with Jin almost every day. Either before or after her shift at the café. Jungkook has been complaining. I figured that they would get along, but I didn’t think they would get close this fast.” Jimin sat pondering.

 

What Jimin didn’t know was that Taehyung was perfectly aware of the fact that Joy had been spending time with Jin. Four, miserably days, he saw them together. By this point, he had seen how Jin would walk her home from work because more often than not he would be watching like a creep from afar. He knew how Jin held her hand and how closely they resembled a couple.

 

Jin wasn’t the only person that was around Joy, these days. With his absence, Jungkook seemed to fill in the void at school. They were also getting closer. He wasn’t going to stop it. First, it wasn’t in his place to stop two of his friends from getting to know each other. Two, he didn’t own Joy and even if he did, he didn’t believe in making or stopping someone from talking to another individual. Four godforsaken days without his best friend. Only silver lining was that Jin's week off was almost over. It was finally Saturday. Then he would deal with having seen Jungkook kiss Joy—later. His two friends were making his blood boil and he was too afraid to admit why it annoyed him so much.

 

He couldn’t complain too much. Irene was a good distraction from everything, and he loved being able to teach her new techniques. She was very eager to learn. Other than her cold exterior she was actually a very warm person and the more he knew her the more he liked her as a person. It was slowly turning to more—yet he couldn’t say he liked her as more than just a crush either. It confused him and bothered him. He was talking to her, she seemed interested, but he was weary of starting something too soon. He would give it time. Another Jisoo would not be good and the mere fact she hadn’t been introduced to Joy was kind of a red flag to him. He wasn’t going to have to avoid Joy forever and if he did start dating Irene, he wanted them to be friends.

 

“Thank you once again. I’m sorry you have to wait but my father was adamant on paying you instead of us.”

 

Taehyung merely smiled at the female who had hired him for her bridal pictures. He had picked up another gig for the week. “It's perfectly fine. You could pay me when the photos are ready instead.”

 

“Are you kidding me? You had to put up with us for so long and listened to my entire requests. You should get paid for that and then the pictures.”

 

He wasn’t one to say no to money, so he lifted his hands up in surrender. The female smiled at him before walking off to her fiancé who was on the phone. Taehyung was surprised at this couple. The moment he saw them, he knew they came from money. So, he wondered why they asked him to be their photographer. Even before finishing the shoot and showing them their shots, he was hired to also be their wedding photographer. He of course, did not decline. The more clientele, the better for his resume and portfolio. Yeah, he needed more shots for his portfolio.

 

When he inquired why he was picked, Park Gyuri, the soon to be bride, told him that she stumbled upon his Instagram page by accident. What had caught her eye were his pictures—of Joy. She spoke about how just looking at them, she knew he took the pictures with care and his feelings could be felt for the female model. Taehyung forced a chuckle out. His Instagram was full of pictures he took of Joy throughout the years. Honestly, he set himself up for failure when it came to teasing and others questioning his feelings for the girl. It wasn’t his fault that she always happened to be in the right place—with the right lighting, and the right look—and just her being her.

 

He shook his head away from those thoughts. He was almost done packing up when three cars drove up. All were black, two of them were black SUV's and one was a Cadillac. As figures started to step out, he wanted to be swallowed up whole at spotting—none other than Yoongi and Chanyeol coming out of one car. Was fate playing a funny game on him?

 

He made himself look busy and avoided looking up. Gyuri soon yelled in glee at seeing her dad coming out of the Cadillac. One that the older man did not seem to return, adamantly. Right at that moment, he realized what mess his had just got into. , I can’t catch a break.

 

“Tae, what the are you doing here?” the hissing close to his ear was enough of a giveaway on who it was.

 

Giving his best boxy smile he could, he turned to Yoongi. “Hello, are you the person paying me?”

 

He feigned ignorance for the sake of those around him. Yoongi caught on to what he was doing and forced a smile.

 

“No but let me show you who will.” He led the way before gritting through his teeth. “How do you get yourself into these situations?”

 

“What, you think I planned this? I was literally just doing a photoshoot. How the hell was I supposed to know that the daughter of the guy you’re looking into was the one that called?” he hissed back.

 

“We'll talk about this later.” Yoongi then pretended to introduce him to the man next to Gyuri. “This is the photographer sir. What did you say your name was again?”

 

“His photographer name, is V.” Gyuri smiled towards him as she held her father’s arm.

 

“I take it you have a real name?” the father spoke.

 

Taehyung glanced at Yoongi; his friend shook his head. “Ummm, I prefer to keep it a mystery. I'm still an undergrad.”

 

“If you have my daughter’s admiration, you must be good and that is all that matters. Young talent is something of value. I take it she let you know that you’ll be the wedding photographer?”

 

“Yes. She did mention it.”

 

“I hope that you can make it.” The father signaled to one of the men behind him. “I hope this is up to par for your usual payments.”

 

Taehyung received the white envelope that was thicker than he would usually expect for his shoots. Bowing he accepted it. “Thank you, sir.”

 

"Just call me Mr. Park. We will be seeing each other again and I would like to avoid unneeded formalities from such youth. It makes me feel older than I am." Mr. Park laughed and Taehyung chuckled along forcefully.

 

“Thank you, daddy and once again, thank you V. I’ll send the information about the wedding soon.”

 

“It was my pleasure.” He bowed again, feeling relief when he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter