chapter 18

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Hey everyone!! Thanks again for showing interest in my story, I really really really appreciate your comments and upvotes.

Hope you enjoy this chapter!!

 

D-61

It was kind of crazy to think how nervous Eunbi was feeling right now.

 

She knows it’s a waste of time to worry over the date, especially because she was already married to the person she was going on the date with. Besides, deep down, Eunbi knows that Chaeyeon would appreciate whatever it was that Eunbi planned. But still, this was their first official date, and Eunbi was getting jitters like a teenage girl just thinking about it.

 

Her plan for the date was very simple; she bought tickets to go ice skating and then they’ll take a short stroll to get ice cream someplace nearby the ice rink. The idea may seem somewhat a bit childish but Eunbi wanted it that way. She didn’t want to go on a date that was too serious where they would just be sitting down at a fancy restaurant, while trying hard to look pretty as she ate. Of course, it was nice to dress up for fancy dates, and she wanted to do that one day, but it just seemed a bit too much for a first date.

 

Eunbi just wanted to have fun with her wife this time––to talk and get to know her wife better. Maybe it would be able to lessen the weird tension between them. That is, if Eunbi could get rid of her own tension, being this nervous.

 

For the seventh time, she takes in her reflection in the mirror to check for any smudges in her makeup or any lint on her sweater. She shouldn’t care this much, she knows, but Eunbi wants to look good even on a casual type of date. With one last deep breath, Eunbi deems herself ready and leaves to the living room, not wanting to make Chaeyeon wait any longer.

 

“You ready?” Chaeyeon asks as soon as Eunbi comes out of their bedroom.

 

Eunbi studies Chaeyeon’s casual look and wonders how her wife manages to look so good and so effortless at the same time. Knowing that Chaeyeon is a bigshot CEO made Eunbi appreciate it more whenever Chaeyeon wasn’t wearing a different set of suit or blazer, no matter how attractive she looks in those professional clothing. Somehow, seeing Chaeyeon now, only in a simple knitted sweater and jeans with minimal makeup made her look softer, which put Eunbi’s heart at ease.

 

“Yup, let’s go,” Eunbi replies, grabbing the car keys and a jacket off the coat rack. 

 

“Wonnie, we’re leaving!” Chaeyeon announced aloud. She waited for a muffled yell of agreement from their daughter before locking the door behind her.

 

“You’re sure she’ll be okay being left alone?”

 

“We’ve left her alone before,” Chaeyeon points out.

 

“I know, I just can’t help but worry.”

 

Chaeyeon stops walking, and Eunbi follows, looking curiously at her wife. “You’re a good mom,” Chaeyeon says, a smile taking over her face.

 

Eunbi didn’t expect that to be Chaeyeon’s reply, but appreciates it just the same. Though, some part of her was still unsure. “Really?”

 

Chaeyeon nods. “She’s gonna be fine. She’ll call us if she needs us. Now, we better get going ”

 

––––––––––––––––––––––

 

From the moment Eunbi stepped into the ice rink, she almost slipped on the freshly smoothed surface and made a fool of herself in front of the young couples and families around her. She quickly staggered like a newborn giraffe and held onto the railings. She doesn’t remember ever being good at ice skating, but she didn’t know that she was almost incapable of this particular activity.

 

Of course, Chaeyeon just had to be decent at it and started skating around the rink, maneuvering and gliding easily between the other skaters. By the time Chaeyeon made her way back to where Eunbi was still frozen at the spot, the former had to use her hand to muffle her bubbling laughter.

 

Eunbi shoots a glare at her wife briefly before she focuses on trying to walk around a child that was also holding onto the railings.

 

Chaeyeon manages to push down another laugh that was building up. “When you chose to ice skate, I assumed you knew how to do it,” she says while skating slowly behind Eunbi’s very slow journey around the rink.

 

“I assumed I would’ve gone ice skating at one point during the last 15 years, okay?” 

 

Chaeyeon laughs again. “I don’t remember the last time we did this, but I know you weren’t this bad at it.”

 

This time Eunbi shuffles faster, trying to run away from her wife. Even though she knew it was futile, her embarrassment and hurt pride kept her going.

 

“Look at that kid over there,” Chaeyeon points to a small child still learning to skate in the middle of the rink. At first the boy wobbled and was on the verge of falling but then found his balance and started skating. “Just let go, it’s the only way you can learn to ice skate.” Chaeyeon says. 

 

“No. I will not.” Eunbi only clings more to the railings, trying to keep herself from falling flat on her face. Eunbi was barely able to stand and keep her balance without holding onto something, she doubts letting go would help her skate better.

 

A chuckle escaped Chaeyeon’s lips, amused by Eunbi’s stubbornness. “Here, grab onto me.” She offers up her hands for Eunbi to hold.

 

Eunbi looks down at her wife’s hand with a distasteful look, before looking back up to Chaeyeon and seeing the latter’s urging eyes. It wasn’t Chaeyeon that made Eunbi queasy, it was just the thought of letting go the railing that did.

 

But then Chaeyeon smiles at Eunbi, and the latter was almost 100% convinced to just fling herself into the safety of Chaeyeon’s arms. The only thing stopping Eunbi from doing so was the amused glint in Chaeyeon’s eyes that indicated she may be up to something.

 

“Chaeyeon, I swear to god if I hold on to you and you let me fall––” Eunbi starts her almost serious threat.

 

“You won’t fall,” Chaeyeon assures her wife with a promise. She offers her hands up again. “Trust me.”

 

Eunbi only needed to briefly lock eyes with her wife to know in her heart that Chaeyeon really means it, and it wasn’t hard to convince herself that she does trust Chaeyeon. With this small thing… and everything else.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter