chapter 13

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

I'm sorry this is kind of short, but I had to spilt up this part of the story in 3 cuz i just realized it was getting way too long, and this just seems like the only place to cut it. also i apologise for any typos or grammatical mistakes, i didnt have time to edit it. Thank you always to everyone who commented, i didnt have time to reply, but i did read them and i really appreciate it!

hope u guys enjoy :))

 

D-97

Christmas holidays came and it was finally time for Eunbi to meet Chaeyeon's family. If Eunbi was being honest, she had been trying to put off meeting her in-laws. Actually, it had been pretty obvious for everyone.

 

It wasn’t for any particular reason or anything. Eunbi had just been scared that she’d disappoint them. Eunbi knows that she’s being ridiculous to think this. And of course Chaeyeon has told her countless times how much her family loves Eunbi, that they practically consider her their own daughter. But still, however irrational, there’s a small voice in the back of her mind saying that the Eunbi now, wouldn’t measure up to the Eunbi then.

 

So she had politely declined the few dinner invitations that her in-laws have extended through Chaeyeon, then after a while, they had stopped asking her as frequently. Eunbi had a hunch that Chaeyeon was behind that, which Eunbi was grateful for. 

 

But now, after 3 months of subtly avoiding her wife’s side of the family, Eunbi isn’t able to do so anymore. It was the holidays, see, and it was apparently a tradition for them to spend a whole weekend (sometimes longer, as Eunbi was told) at a ski resort for Christmas. There was no getting out of it. This weekend she was going to meet everyone––all at once. Chaeyeon’s mom and dad, Chaeyeon’s sister, Chaeryeong and her girlfriend, Ryujin, Chaeyeon’s other sister, and Chaemin. 

 

Now she’s sitting in the car with her wife and daughter, her clothes already packed and in the trunk, halfway to the ski resort up in the mountains. 

 

If Eunbi was nervous before, she’s going out of her mind now. Eunbi didn’t even realize that she was bouncing her leg nervously until a hand settled on top of her leg, squeezing it gently. With great effort, Eunbi shakes herself to focus on said hand, then up the slender arms, to her wife’s face and saw a comforting smile on her face.

 

“Relax, they already approve of you,” says Chaeyeon with another gentle squeeze.

 

Eunbi looks down. Chaeyeon’s gaze was always too strong for Eunbi to hold. “They approved of her, not me.”

 

Eunbi sensed Chaeyeon sighing rather than heard it. “Well, either way. You have nothing to worry about.”

 

And as reassuring as Chaeyeon sounds, that remains to be seen.

 

–––––––––––––––––––––––––

 

They were the first to arrive.

 

Of course they were, it was 7 in the morning.

 

Apparently Chaeyeon’s parents and her sisters were stuck in morning traffic. Most people were driving off for the holidays too, just like them. So maybe Chaeyeon was right to wake Eunbi up as early as 4 a.m. (that means Eunbi has to make a note to apologize for throwing a pillow at her wife’s face this morning).

 

They barely had to check in the hotel-lodge when they got there too. When Chaeyeon told her it was a tradition to come by during the holidays, Eunbi didn’t realize that it meant they had a whole suite designated for their family for anytime they needed it.

 

The family suite was incredibly large. It had a kitchen and a living room, 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It wasn’t until the bellboy left them with their suitcases did Eunbi realize she had to share a room with Chaeyeon (again).

 

Wonyoung was already sleeping in her room that she was sharing with her aunt Chaemin. Chaeyeon had gone to the bathroom, needing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter