chapter 20

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

how are you guys so good at guessing, huh? i was scared to answer your comments bc i feel like i'd be spoiling the story lol. Thank you so much for the kind words, they really mean the world to me. And thank you for following this story and upvoting.

So this chapter is a bit...... y?? lolll,,,,, eye–– it's not overly graphic or anything so i don't think i need to rate this chapter as mature, but if some of you think it's too much, just let me know and i'll change the rating.

Also, i thought about who's point of view to write from, and i just couldn't make it work from only one. so ... it's written from both, and you'll see how i divided it up.

I hope you guys enjoy this next chapter ;)

 

D-46

EUNBI

“Now?”

 

Eunbi had a long day at work today. 

 

Nevermind the fact that it was Valentine’s Day and everyone was being extremely weird to her the whole day in the office. Eunbi almost felt like she was back in highschool being bombarded by love letters and flower bouquets, all left in front of her office like a shrine by her secret admirers. She had to think back to Chaeyeon’s words on their date.

 

“...and I’ve always had to see people hitting on you, even though they know that you’re taken.”

 

At first Eunbi thought Chaeyeon was exaggerating. Surely, people understood boundaries. And Eunbi wasn’t so full of herself to think that that many people would be interested in her. But apparently Eunbi was very wrong, and she realized it must’ve been frustrating for Chaeyeon to deal with this––hell, it was frustrating for Eunbi. Not to mention burdening too. She had to discreetly lug all the flowers down to the back of the building to dispose of them.

 

Getting back to her point, Eunbi thought the breakfast in bed and flowers this morning was all Chaeyeon had prepared for Valentine’s Day. Because of work, Eunbi herself had only made a handwritten letter and delivered flowers to Chaeyeon’s office in the afternoon. 

 

Eunbi didn’t think Chaeyeon would go all out on a weekday and prepare a dinner date at a fancy restaurant just to celebrate Valentine’s Day.

 

“Yes, now,” Chaeyeon says. “And don’t worry, I already told Wonyoung and gave her money to get delivery food. She knows her moms need some time alone, especially on Valentine’s Day.” 

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“It’s a surprise.” Chaeyeon smirks.

 

“And I have to dress up?”

 

Chaeyeon pouts cutely and moves closer into Eunbi’s space until their fronts are pressed against each other, her hands wrapping behind Eunbi's back. “You don’t have to dress up. No more than what you’re wearing now—You look amazing already.” Chaeyeon says as she peeks down at Eunbi’s work clothes of a plain blouse and (tight) pencil skirt. “So, what do you say?” asks Chaeyeon, wiggling her eyebrows.

 

“I say...” Eunbi pauses, taking in Chaeyeon’s adorable puppy dog face. Eunbi could tell Chaeyeon really wanted to go on this date, and even if Eunbi was exhausted, she doesn’t think she could refuse her wife when said wife had on the cutest pout ever known to man. “...give me half an hour to get ready?––Will we miss our reservation?”

 

Seeing the smile widening on Chaeyeon’s face already made having to dress up worth it. “No, we won’t miss it. Take all the time you need, Eunbi.”

 

“Alright.” Eunbi gives Chaeyeon a short peck on the cheek before pulling away to leave and get ready. “But you better be dressing up too,” Eunbi throws a look behind her shoulder as she walks into their bedroom. If she had to doll up and look pretty for the date, then she didn’t want to be the only one to do so.

 

“I will!” Chaeyeon shouts a reply. “I have to look my best when I’m standing next to my beautiful wife.”

 

Eunbi couldn’t help but release a giggle that almost resembled a schoolgirl.

 

Chaeyeon had such a way with words that made Eunbi feel so special that being on the receiving end of it was both terrifying and flattering all at the same time. But Eunbi realizes how compliments like that used to make her feel uncomfortable––she never knew how to acknowledge it before.

 

Now, it just made her heart flutter.

 

Just as Eunbi was about to close the door she hears her name being called out, making her stop in her tracks. When she looks back she almost laughs at what she saw.

 

Chaeyeon looks almost child-like in her timidness. The complete opposite image of the woman that could command a room if she wanted to, especially when donned in her usual power suits. But not too long ago, Eunbi has finally come to the realization that Chaeyeon is anything but commanding and every bit of a softie when it comes to her wife—when it comes to Eunbi.

 

“Will you help me with…” Chaeyeon trails off, but Eunbi immediately knew what her wife was asking. “Lipstick?”

 

“Yeah.” Chaeyeon nods sheepishly.

 

“Of course I’ll help.”

 

And Eunbi watches the way Chaeyeon tries to hide the goofy smile making its way onto her face, albeit unsuccessfully, before leaving to get changed in the guest bedroom.

 

––––––––––––––––––––––

 

CHAEYEON

Their chaufer stopped in front of the lobby of a grand, five star hotel in the heart of Seoul. Doormans, valets, and bellhops quickly stood in attention at their arrival, and was followed by almost ridiculously exaggerated bows as they entered the hotel.

 

“Let me guess, you own the hotel,” Eunbi whispers with a smirk, clinging to the arm that Chaeyeon offered her.

 

Chaeyeon chuckles under her breath. There’s no way of hiding things from her wife, even if it was to be humble. “I do.”

 

Chaeyeon continues to lead Eunbi down the lobby and into the unoccupied elevator. Chaeyeon presses the button that would take them to the highest level. It was a long ride to the top, and neither of them spoke through the wait. However, the silence wasn’t at all uncomfortable—in fact, it had even felt the opposite. As if the air around them was shrouded in warmth. Chaeyeon briefly thinks if she should call this progress.

 

Soon enough they reached their floor and stepped out into the rooftop restaurant that Chaeyeon booked for just the two of them. 

 

Eunbi’s breath catches and Chaeyeon couldn’t stop the stretch on the edge of her lips, very pleased with herself that she managed to get the reaction from Eunbi.

 

The first thing they saw was the twinkling fairy lights in contrast to the dimly lit restaurant and the night sky, complimenting the view of Seoul’s skyline. The whole restaurant was vacant safe for a few waiters and a bartender. Chaeyeon escorts Eunbi through a path of rose petals that led to their table in the middle of the restaurant.

 

By the time they were seated across from each other, wide smiles adorned their faces.

 

“I don't appreciate you one-upping me,” Eunbi says once the waiter left them alone.

 

Chaeyeon raises her eyebrows questioningly, not catching what Eunbi was implying.

 

Eunbi sighs, clearly exasperated by her wife’s cluelessness. “I bought you ice cream for our date. You rented a whole restaurant—That’s not fair, Chaeyeon.”

 

A chuckle escapes Chaeyeon’s lips. “It’s not a competition, Eunbi.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter