chapter 12

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

AaaaaaaaAaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaa

I'm so sorry... I really wanted to update sooner, but I was swamped with assignments. I actually have to go finish another one after I post this. I'm so sorry for keeping you guys waiting, and for such a short chapter too, but this is all I can put out atm.

 

D-98

On the last day of work before the holidays, Eunbi woke up feeling somewhat restless. One would think that a break from work is what every adult could ever want in life, to rest, to spend time with family, to do nothing––but Eunbi wasn’t like everyone else. To be perfectly honest, she had come to enjoy having a routine, one that has given Eunbi less time to think about everything else that goes on in her life.

 

No, that wasn’t fair. Even with her memory gone, Eunbi tries very hard not to run away from her life. Not when she had a family who was counting on her. Especially Wonyoung, who was so absolutely precious and kind. Some part of her wants to pat herself on the back for raising such a wonderful daughter. And Eunbi wouldn’t have distracted herself from spending time with Wonyoung, not ever. Dare she say, they might be as close as they were before the accident, though Eunbi couldn’t have really verified that.

 

So maybe, what her job distracted her from is that other part of her life… one that makes her incredibly nervous yet warm at the same time.

 

Eunbi didn’t know exactly how to describe Chaeyeon. This woman who Eunbi didn’t know how to act around because she’s never been in this situation before. She could only make comparisons to what she’s seen in movies, to what she’s read in books. See, with what limited memory Eunbi has, she doesn’t think she was ever in love enough to the point of wanting to marry.

 

Yet, here she was, married to the same woman for over a decade.

 

Chaeyeon was like every perfect male lead in a romantic story. She was the type to open doors, to pay for a meal, to write love songs, to sketch her like a muse. The perfect gentleman––gentlewoman.

 

Even when they slept on the same bed two days ago, Chaeyeon had kept her distance, didn’t commit any foul play, and she even stayed awake talking Eunbi to sleep. Her voice was so soothing that Eunbi had completely forgotten the reason why she came to the guest room in the first place. Only, Eunbi had become too comfortable to even think of leaving.

 

That was two nights ago. 

 

This morning Eunbi had woken up feeling odd. Odd because she found herself comparing last night to the night before, feeling like she wasn’t well rested enough, unlike the night when she slept next to Chaeyeon.

 

This morning Eunbi was already on her third cup of coffee just so she could keep her attention on her work at hand.

 

Eunbi was in her small studio, mixing a song with Hyewon sitting next to her, trying to clean it up so they could play the demo for Wendy. “God, I’m beat.” Eunbi sighs, leaning back in her chair.

 

Hyewon shifts in her own chair but doesn’t look at Eunbi. Her attention is still on the screen in front of her. “Wild night with the missus?” 

 

Eunbi was shocked to be asked so bluntly about her matter of the… bedroom from practically a stranger. Not wanting to be rude, Eunbi answers anyway, “Nothing like that. I just didn’t sleep very well.”

 

Hyewon clicks her tongue. “That’s a shame.” 

 

That got Eunbi’s attention. She straightens her back, looking questioningly at her colleague. “What is?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter