chapter 0 (pt. 1)

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

as you can see, this is called chapter 0, which means this chapter is the flashbacks of what happened before Eunbi's car accident.

Important thing to know, this chapter isn't of Eunbi remembering, but it's just events that happened in the past.

Also it was getting really long, so I broke up chapter 0 into 3 parts, thought to just let you guys know considering my flakey update schedule :))

Please enjoy, and if you dont, come yell at me on twitter @/rabbitfeather1

 

Eunbi never wanted a big white wedding.

 

Well, the truth is she never dared to hope for one. Eunbi never thought she would ever find someone who wanted to spend the rest of their life with her. And she also never thought she could fully love anyone back. No, marriage wasn’t ever really an option.

 

But then Chaeyeon came into her life and after a loving 3 year relationship, popped the question. Chaeyeon was a whole stuttering, blushing mess from the start of their intimate, homemade dinner that she had set up, and was on edge right up until she asked, “will you marry me?”

 

With the biggest smile on her face, Eunbi immediately said yes with no hesitation whatsoever.

 

Eunbi took herself by surprise when she agreed so easily to said big white wedding––with the white dress and tux, and the crazy amount of guests that Eunbi couldn't be bothered to try remembering the names of. Chaeyeon was hesitant about the size of the wedding too, but she wasn’t in any position to argue with her parents about it. Being the future heir to their company, Chaeyeon’s life is mostly for show, and Eunbi knew what she was marrying into.

 

Eunbi might have been reluctant at first, but she was happy to be married to Chaeyeon, of course. Chaeyeon is the love of her life and Eunbi wants to be forever bound to her, in every way possible. But she wanted to celebrate their bond in some other way. Something special that didn’t include a frilly dress.

 

It was the third day of their honeymoon.

 

They had basically done absolutely nothing except spend time together in the bedroom. The honeymoon suite was every which way tempting for the newlyweds, and having room service was incredibly convenient too. 

 

After taking a shower together, Eunbi was waiting for Chaeyeon to finish drying her hair so they could go to bed. She sat on the bed while tidying up their clothes, folding them away and stowing it in their suitcase. It was then that something caught Eunbi’s eye. Two pieces of paper with their vows on it.

 

It was a split second decision. 

 

Without Chaeyeon knowing, Eunbi calls the concierge for directions to somewhere beautiful, but secluded, and to prepare for them a picnic basket. She barely finished saying gracias, when Chaeyeon emerged from the bathroom and Eunbi slammed the phone down, earning a curious look from her newlywed wife.

 

“Who was that?”

 

“The concierge,” Eunbi answers as nonchalant as she can.

 

Chaeyeon walks closer until her uncovered knees brush against her wife’s. “What did he want?” 

 

“He was asking us if we’re enjoying our stay, and if we needed anything,” Eunbi made up on the spot.

 

Chaeyeon’s eyes trailed to the clock on the bedside table, showing the time as just past midnight. “A bit late, don’t you think?” Chaeyeon cockes her head to the side, a cute puzzled look on her face that Eunbi wants to kiss away. Which Eunbi did, at the same time pulling Chaeyeon on top of her and falling together onto the king sized bed in a fit of giggles.

 

That night, they didn't sleep very long. The love making lasted quite long, after all, and Eunbi only got a few moments of sleep before she had to get up and start her plan. She did, however, give Chaeyeon a few extra minutes of sleep before shaking her awake.

 

“Chaeyeon, wake up.” The woman in question mumbles, stirring in her sleep. “Honey,” Eunbi calls her wife sweetly.

 

Chaeyeon groans. “What’s going on, babe?”

 

“Get up, we have to go somewhere.”

 

Half an hour later, Chaeyeon was still rubbing the sleep from her eyes struggling to follow Eunbi onto a secluded beach, all the while trying hard not to fall on the sand. Eunbi could only chuckle at her wife’s clumsy steps. Eunbi feels slightly guilty for dragging Chaeyeon out at the brink of dawn, but Eunbi was sure it would be worth it.

 

Eunbi guides Chaeyeon to plop down on the sand next to the picnic. Together, they waited for the first light to rise from the horizon. As soon as the sun rays reached the sky, reflected by the sea water, Eunbi pulled out their vows which she had hidden in her pocket.

 

“What’s that?” Chaeyon starts to ask, then quickly realizing, “our vows…”

 

Instead of confirming it explicitly, Eunbi reads out the same vows she said in front of everyone at their wedding, only this time it felt even more special and intimate. She was shaking by the time she finished, and in the same vein, Chaeyeon was shedding a few tears but with a smile on her face.

 

“Will you read me yours?” Eunbi asks.

 

“Of course,” Chaeyeon says, taking the piece of paper from her and reciting her own vows.

 

After both their vows were renewed and strengthened in this little pocket of a cove, the couple were embraced closely together. They were so lost in each other that nothing else had mattered. Not the storm that was brewing, not the droplets of water that fell on them, not even the rain that followed, pouring all over them and their picnic.

 

++

 

“Chaeyeon, you’re falling asleep. Just go to bed.”

 

The tired woman dozing off on the couch of Eunbi’s home studio shakes herself awake and finally looks up to Eunbi, who was still working in front of the computer. “But the bed’s cold without you,” Chaeyeon whines.

 

Eunbi twirls around in her chair to face her wife with an apologetic look. “Honey, I’m likely going to take awhile, Irene wants this finished by tomorrow.”

 

“Well then I'm definitely staying.”

 

“And why is that?” Eunbi asks curiously.

 

Chaeyeon sits up and moves to the edge of the sofa, her hand reaches out to grab hold of Eunbi’s hands. “So I get to accompany you, of course. You might get lonely and you won’t like that.”

 

Eunbi barks out a laugh, rolling her eyes. “I might get lonely––Don’t you mean you?”

 

“No, I’m sure it’s you.” Suddenly, Chaeyeon looks serious, which worries Eunbi. The only thing Eunbi could think of to do was to squeeze Chaeyeon’s hand reassuringly. “What’s wrong?” Eunbi asks.

 

“It’s nothing… I just––I want to spend as much time with you while I still can.” Chaeyeon sighs. “My dad’s getting ready to step down from the company. I don’t know when, and it could be years from now, but he thinks I’m ready... And I’m just scared that things are going to change.”

 

“It won’t,” Eunbi quickly interjects. “You know why?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because no matter what happens, I’m yours. I know I’ll never love anyone else but you.”

 

Chaeyeon plants a searing kiss on Eunbi’s lips. When they parted, Eunbi couldn’t help chase after her wife, but Chaeyeon kept her in place. “I love you so much,” Chaeyeon says like a prayer.

 

“Me too,” Eunbi returns. She wanted nothing more to drag Chaeyeon to bed right this moment, but adulthood and responsibilities tend to get in the way. “Why don't you make yourself useful and get me another cup of tea,” Eunbi orders her wife. 

 

Chaeyeon rolls her eyes playfully, but stands up anyway. “You know coffee would keep you up so much better than tea, right?”

 

“Yes, I do know. But it’s bitter and you know I don’t want to depend on it.”

 

“Alright. Suit yourself.”

 

++

 

Two years into their marriage, they welcomed a 4 year old girl into their home.

 

Wonyoung was definitely not a baby, but she was adopted, so she’s extremely shy. Eunbi and Chaeyeon had to always keep an eye on their daughter, talk to her as gently as possible, and give her the utmost attention.

 

On their daughter’s first night home, they’re exhausted beyond belief, but nothing beats the shy smile that would cross Wonyoung’s face, stifling a laughter caused by Chaeyeon’s constant efforts of making a fool of herself. They could only smile back at this precious gift t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter