chapter 15

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

HELLO!! I'm finally back and done with uni, so now yall can expect updates to be more consistent. Thank you to everyone who's commented and has been waiting patiently for me to update. 

Also some of your guesses for the story plot was kind of on the nose, i'm actually impressed lol (i wont say which one)

Hope you guys like this chapter :)))

 

D-96 (pt. 2)

After the day Eunbi had yesterday, as well as the fun and joy she had this morning while skiing with her family, she didn’t imagine anything could ruin her good mood. But the way fate has always mocked her, Eunbi was sorely mistaken.

 

Eunbi admits that her day could have gone so much worse. If anything, this was just a bump in the road. 

 

It started around lunch. Obviously, after the skiing, everyone has clearly worked up quite the appetite. Eunbi had helped her wife and her mother-in-law to cook up a large meal for the whole family. They made a very, very large portion of tteokbokki for everyone to share.

 

The large family sat together at the dining table, ready to dig in. Chatter had already started to take place with a light hearted air around them. Though, 5 minutes in, a loud ringing had interrupted their conversation. Everyone looked around to see what it was, only to see the offending sound coming from Chaeyeon’s phone.

 

Chaeyeon hastily checked the caller and her face immediately fell. Eunbi could tell her wife was conflicted in answering a likely important call or continue spending time with the family she loves so dearly. In the end, Chaeyeon sighs before excusing herself. “Sorry, it’s work. I have to answer this. Just––just eat, I won’t be long,” She says, mostly to Eunbi than anyone else.

 

Eunbi leaned closer, almost yearningly, when her wife gave her shoulder a small squeeze as she left the table. Her eyes continue to follow Chaeyeon as the latter leaves to take the call in their bedroom. She didn’t even notice that she was spacing out.

 

“Eunbi, you should eat before the food gets cold,” says her mother-in-law.

 

It struck her as odd when everyone had paid no mind to Chaeyeon’s sudden leave. Everyone but Eunbi. She tries to bury the thought down and enjoy the food just like everyone else, but she was still perplexed by how no one really bat an eye. It was as if it was normal for Chaeyeon to be working during their supposed family holiday. Maybe it was. But Eunbi still found herself longing for Chaeyeon’s calming presence beside her

 

No matter that Eunbi had started to adapt to the dynamic of this large family, Eunbi still felt disappointed by her wife’s absence. She still participated in the conversation but Eunbi couldn’t help but notice that the call was clearly taking a while. Chaeyeon still hadn’t come back even as they all finished eating.

 

The food in Chaeyeon’s bowl was left untouched and cold by the owner when Chaeyeon’s mom left to cover it up, saving it for later. Meanwhile, Chaeyeon’s dad had excused himself to help Chaeyeon—which made sense, it was his company after all. 

 

“Eunbi unnie, do you want to come try the sauna with us?” asks her sister-in-law, Chaemin. 

 

“I think I might have to pass,” Eunbi replies apologetically. It was a tempting offer, but Eunbi was about to pass out from the exhaustion, and she’d rather not do that in a sauna. “I’m really tired, I should just take a shower and nap until dinner.”

 

“I second that.” Chaeryeong chimes in.

 

“What? Babe, I thought you said you would come with us?” Ryujin whines to her girlfriend.

 

Chaeryeong pecks Ryujin’s lips quickly before replying, “Sorry, baby, but I’m about to drop. Besides, you have Chaemin and Wonnie to accompany you.”

 

Ryujin sighs but relents. “Alright, fine. We should ask Chaeyeon unnie if she wants to join us.”

 

“I’ll check on her,” Eunbi volunteers, already headed for their room. But before her hand could even touch the door knob, she hears yelling from inside her room.

 

“It’s not her fault!”

 

“I know it isn’t!…the CEO, Chaeyeon! … can’t drop everything.... Eunbi… have responsibilities!”

 

Eunbi was surprised to hear Chaeyeon yelling. In all of the three months of living together, she’s never really heard her wife sound so angry before. But Eunbi was even more surprised to hear her father-in-law yelling at Chaeyeon… and mentioning her name.

 

What were they talking about? What does it have to do with me? Eunbi asks herself.

 

There was no denying that everyone currently in the living room heard the altercation. It was evident by how everyone went silent, and how they were eyeing each other guiltily. Clearly, they knew something that Eunbi didn’t.

 

The door opens.

 

Eunbi’s father-in-law walks out and was clearly surprised to see everyone’s attention on him. He looked at everyone, then, he smiled at Eunbi as warmly as when they first met before walking away.

 

It was only a second later when Chaeyeon walked out the door. “Oh—what’s going on?”

 

No one responded.

 

Chaeyeon’s head tilts to the side, waiting for any one out of the five to answer her.

 

“Nothing,” Chaeryeong was the one to answer, “...Just talking about our plans before dinner,” she adds.

 

“Where are you girls going?” Chaeyeon asks no one in particular.

 

“Sauna,” answers Wonyoung.

 

“You want to come with, unnie?” Ryujin asks, remembering why they needed to talk to Chaeyeon in the first place.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter