chapter 30

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

again, there are mentions of ... but nothing graphic

and i think this one's a bit angsty so,,, don't say i didn't warn you heheh

p.s. if you guys wanna chat about the fanfic just hit me up on twitter @/rabbitfeather1, i'm more likely to reply there :))

as always, thanks for reading folks.

 

D+133

“I thought you said this wouldn’t happen again,” says Chaeyeon, a teasing smirk on her lips.

 

Chaeyeon stretches back against the headboard, feeling completely pleased with herself as she watches Eunbi, who was sitting at the foot of the bed, putting her clothes back on. It was no secret that Chaeyeon found this incredibly ironic, maybe even downright funny; the fact that she was the one who was still lounging in bed, and unbothered, meanwhile Eunbi was the one trying so hard to get back some sense of modesty in her own home. 

 

This time they had ended up in the guest bedroom of their old apartment, deep into the early morning. Not that Chaeyeon even knew how they ended up there in the first place. Though it probably had to do with the fact that Wonyoung was currently staying in Chaeyeon's apartment, and this was the only place they could go to—well, there was no denying it anymore—to scratch the itch. 

 

Eunbi stands up, and does a cute little jump to put on her skinny jeans back on. She turns to face Chaeyeon with a careless grin on her face. “Well, someone couldn’t keep her hands to herself.”

 

“Someone sent me very naughty pictures,” Chaeyeon counters, her mind already thinking back to the not so PG-rated selfies Eunbi sent her. Chaeyeon had even changed her phone’s password after receiving said pictures, worried that just about anyone was able to access her phone and see it, especially after using a decade old password that everyone close to her knew.

 

“But someone asked for it.”

 

“And someone could have refused.” Chaeyeon saw how Eunbi freezes at the insinuation behind her words and almost laughs out loud. Chaeyeon won this round, and they both knew it. 

 

The texts they’ve exchanged have gotten bolder and bolder since that day where they ended up in Chaeyeon’s bed, crossing so many lines that divorced people probably shouldn’t have crossed. Yet, Chaeyeon almost felt like a spark had been reignited. All the teasing felt similar to the early days of their relationship, back when they were still in their 20s. The giddiness of a dare, the thrill of risks taken together, the anticipation of another line being crossed. She’s missed it. Painfully so. 

 

Though, what Chaeyeon misses more than anything in this world is Eunbi.

 

Chaeyeon hadn’t even realized it at first, but the emptiness she was feeling in the last few months since the divorce, was the exact same kind of emptiness Chaeyeon has felt these past few years. And it started when she got too busy to spend time with her family. Without a doubt, Chaeyeon regrets every single date she canceled, for every minute she was late, and every busy weekend. It all amounted to the fact that Chaeyeon took Eunbi for granted, until it was too late.

 

God, Chaeyeon hopes she wasn’t too late.

 

In one sure movement, with a complete disregard for her state of undress, Chaeyeon gets up from her position and surges forward with only one purpose in mind: to kiss the lips of the woman she loves.

 

Chaeyeon has her hands cradling Eunbi’s cheeks so carefully, like Eunbi was the most precious thing in the world. And she was––she is. Something in the air shifted. This feels different. The all consuming feeling of wanting was still there, of course, but the butterflies were louder. And everything around them felt warm, like an embrace that could survive harsh winters. It felt like a dream, and Chaeyeon doesn’t ever want to wake up.

 

For a time, Eunbi kisses back just as softly, just as longingly. The feeling was unmistakable. Chaeyeon was sure Eunbi felt the same way as she did by the sweet and gentle way they were kissing. But then, Chaeyeon feels the other woman pushing her away softly.

 

“We shouldn’t do this anymore,” Eunbi says breathlessly into the kiss.

 

Somehow, Chaeyeon foolishly thinks Eunbi was only joking and feigns agreement, “Mhm, probably not,” she mumbles before moving forward to capture Eunbi’s lips again.

 

However Eunbi was quicker and dodged by turning her face away, causing Chaeyeon’s lips to land on her jaw instead. Eunbi shuddered visibly. “You shouldn’t kiss me anymore.” 

 

“And why not?” Chaeyeon slowly moves down, leaving a trail of wet kisses against Eunbi’s neck, feeling extremely pleased with herself after feeling the goosebumps forming on every patch of exposed skin where her lips brushed upon. It was then that a thought suddenly crossed her mind that made her feel all kinds of disgust. Chaeyeon’s eyes shot open and she roughly pushes herself away from her ex-wife, and asks accusingly, “Are you seeing someone?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter