chapter 14

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

D-96 (pt. 1)

There was only one thing going through Eunbi’s mind right at this moment.

 

It’s ing cold.

 

Not that it was surprising—after all, it was winter. And they are literally on top of a mountain, getting ready to ski. Of course it’s going to be cold. But the chilling bite of the strong winds were really bothering Eunbi at this moment, more so than she thought it would, and she doesn’t know why.

 

She was the first one ready. All the equipment was on her person. The attendants at the ski resort fitted her in a ski jacket to layer on top of her own clothes (evidently, having three layers on still wasn’t warm enough). At least, they’d given out free heat packs at the front desk and Eunbi made sure to get more than enough for herself.

 

To be perfectly honest, Eunbi was looking forward to skiing. She doesn’t remember much about being good or bad at it (Chaeyeon did tell her jokingly that she was mediocre, Eunbi doesn't know how much truth it held), but she does remember trying it once or twice when she was a teenager. So she’s not completely hopeless. 

 

Although, Eunbi doesn’t remember why the ski boots had to be so ridiculously heavy that it made it hard for her to walk. So she’d opted to stand at the side while everyone else was still getting their equipment ready.

 

The next person, or persons, to join Eunbi was Chaeryeong and not long followed by Ryujin.

 

From the brief time she had yesterday getting to know her wife’s family, Eunbi could already confirm how much she likes them. All of them, really, but especially Chaeryeong and Ryujin—probably because they were the closest in age with Eunbi.

 

Eunbu has known that Chaeryeong and Ryujin were idols even before they met yesterday. ITZY was their group name, with three other members that Eunbi doesn’t remember meeting. Apparently they’ve worked together on a song that Eunbi produced. No, Eunbi doesn’t remember the song either. She did listen to it, and was surprisingly pleased with herself. But she digressed.

 

Last night, Chaeryeong, Ryujin, Chaemin, Chaeyeon, and herself had drunk wine together and chatted until after midnight. Gossiping, catching up—or in Eunbi’s case, it was more similar to a debriefing. She found out that Chaeryeong and Ryujin have been together for a little over 2 years, after pining for each other all throughout their trainee and early idol days. And although being in the same group had its ups and downs, from what they’ve briefly mentioned last night, they were glad to be able to interact (almost) freely unlike most idol couples.

 

Being at the ski resort for the holidays, under the radar from paparazzis and fans, Eunbi could see just how affectionate the young couple could be. Though their affections resemble an old married couple’s bickering.

 

“Ryujin-ah! Zip up your jacket!” Eunbi stands at the side, watching Chaeryeong scolding her girlfriend. 

 

“I’m not that cold, Ryeong,” Ryujin protests.

 

“Don’t even start. You’re going to get sick!” This time Chaeryeong doesn’t back down and zips up Ryujin’s jacket herself. She even shoves a couple of heat packs under Ryujin’s jacket and the latter just lets her girlfriend do whatever while smiling affectionately.

 

Watching them, Eunbi feels a tug in her insides. Though she doesn’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter