chapter 8

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Hi, sorry so much for the wait fam. I'm horrible and I keep coming up with new stories, but I will try to keep updating this one fairly regularly. And if anyone is interested, the new story is called Partition. Hope you guys would read that one as well :)) Thank you to everyone who's still reading, following, and commenting <3

 

D-107 (pt.1)

By the start of Eunbi’s third week after coming back to work, she’d finally gotten the hang of.. Well, most things in her life. She’d started to get her bearings. She’s been actually useful at work, she’s getting along with her family really well, and just today, Eunbi deemed herself ready to drive herself to work. In all honesty, it was an emotional rollercoaster, something she kind of dared herself to do. It was also something she had to sternly talk to her wife about. Though, in the end, Eunbi managed to convince Chaeyeon to stop worrying.

 

Eunbi thinks she’s lucky to have lost her memories of the car crash (and many more memories on top of that, but that wasn’t the point), at least Eunbi didn’t develop a phobia of driving. And it was nice to do something by herself for a change. It wasn’t that Eunbi didn’t like the way Chaeyeon took care of her. Because Eunbi did; She really did. Chaeyeon waited on her hand and foot, treated her like a queen, and made sure there was nothing Eunbi would need to ask for.

 

But Eunbi thinks it’s finally time to practice a little bit of independence. 

 

Although as far as independence goes, she wished her building provided valet, because parking was still kind of the worst thing ever. Eunbi was never good at it to begin with, and now with less memories, means less experience in driving too. Eunbi foregoes the rearview mirror and stretches her neck to look back, making sure she didn’t bump into the wall while reversing the car into the small parking space. Okay, that’s far enough. Eunbi turns off the engine and dumps the keys into her purse.

 

Just as Eunbi was about to open her door, she was interrupted with a knock on her car window. Eunbi basically jumped at the sound. Steeling herself calm, Eunbi turns her attention to a woman that practically gave her a heart attack. Who? She searches her mind for any potential names to attach to the face she’s seeing outside her window, but Eunbi couldn’t come up with anything.

 

Pushing the door open slightly, she watches the stranger take a step back, and Eunbi manages to wiggle her way out of the small space. “Can I help you?” Eunbi questions the woman.

 

“Oh, I just thought to let you know that your headlights are still on.” She says, pointing at the headlights in question. 

 

Eunbi looks back to her car and, lo and behold, finds her headlights bright as daylight. “Oh my god, I must look like an idiot driving with that on the whole morning.” She scolds herself. Eunbi could hear the woman laughing aloud as she was rushing back inside the car to turn the headlights off. “Thank you for saving me from looking like an amateur.” Eunbi says to the woman after shutting the door and locking the car again.

 

“Nah, don’t mention it. If anything, everyone would just think you’re a really careful driver. That’s a good reputation to have.”

 

Eunbi snorts. “Sure.” They walked together past the lobby and into the elevator. For a moment, Eunbi watches the stranger, before curiosity finally got the better of her. “Sorry, I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before.”

 

“That’s probably because I don’t, officially, work here,” The woman raises her hand and gives it to Eunbi to shake. “I’m Kang Hyewon.”

 

Eunbi takes the offered hand. “Kwon Eunbi, nice to meet you.” 

 

The woman––Hyewon’s eyes widened. “You’re the Kwon Eunbi? I thought I recognised you. I’m here to work on Wendy’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter