Bureau 09

Marriage Bureau

CHAPTER 09
SONG NOEUL

I didn't know where the confidence was from but I had thought I should add more oil to the burning fire. I chose to let the tables turned for him since he had insisted to play along with him, so I did.

Instead, I've dug my own grave.

I found out alot of things from him last Saturday. He's Jiwoo's brother, he was quite a family man, his parents were just loving one another, I couldn't deny that it made me believe that this kind of things still does exists.

'No goodnight kiss?' his voice echoed in my ears. His whisper sent shivers down my spine and it tingles my heart. I swore my heartbeat could have exploded if I hadn't tried to keep myself composed. I hadn't understood the way Hoseok's effect on me but I am denying strongly of what I am thinking. I groaned and tried to focus.

"That's the third time she's groaning and whining, girls," Kiran pointed out as I looked 
up.

Eri giggled, "You haven't explained exactly what's going on with you and Hoseok actually. I can't believe you're married-"

"I am not, okay," my annoyance began to grow. I blamed Hoseok completely for all of these. I couldn't believe that my own team whom I had been for the last five years, who had been like family to me would turn against me like this.

"I think its really love at first sight, don't you think?" Daeun swooned. "I mean almost all of us fall for each of the CEOs, but for Unnie, the CEO falls for her. It is just ideal."

Wait, what? I glanced to each, every one of them. "Almost all?" I raised my eyebrow and glanced to Sooji. "Sooji too?" I asked only to earn a blush from her.
"Seriously, Christian Park??" Remembering the only CEO guy that she had been curious about.

"You're not letting this go, aren't you? And stop changing topics when it's about you!"

"Well, I'm not liking this guy and never will-"

"Ladies!" The door bursts open. "Here are your evening coffee!" Hoseok entered the room, with drinks in his hand and I straightened my back, staring at what's happening. "Apparently, we like him, Eul-ie," Eri said in front of Hoseok and thanked him for the coffee. I looked at them in disbelief. "Thank you, brother-in-law."

"Eri!" I retorted when Hoseok looked at me, flashing his widest smile. "What are you doing here, again?"

Hoseok's hands tucked into his side pockets, "I'm here to pick you up, to send you home."

"Wow, isn't it nice!" Daeun squealed. "Why don't you go home now, Unnie?" She winked as she helped me pack my things. Eri joined as well, "And have an early night."

"Don't worry about the report," Eri said as she slid in the papers into the folder. "I'll let Namjoon- I mean Mr. Kim Namjoon know about you logging off early just for today," She grinned. The girls didn't let me argue, within seconds I was already out of the room.

I looked at Hoseok who was on my right, letting out a shrug with a smug grin like as if it wasn't his fault at all. "Don't talk to me," I turned and walked away.

"You're supposed to give me a week," Hoseok chased behind me as I pressed the close button of the elevator but he stopped it with his hand and entered in along with me. "Give me a chance will you?"

"Why are you still pestering about it? You can have all the woman that you want, you're the CEO. I don't have the looks nor the personality that you looking for. What is so special about me?" I blurted out my thoughts, trying to catch my breath. He was stunned for a moment, completely surprise by my outburst. Silence crept between us. His expression was telling me that he hadn't any idea of a reason why as well.

The elevator stopped at another level when a huge crowd came in and squeezing us at the corner. I never realised until the door was closed and Hoseok stood in front of me, his chest facing towards me blocking me. He gave spaces between myself and him as his arms rested against the elevator wall. Hoseok was protecting me. My heart skipped upon 
thinking how thoughtful he was. Hoseok is indeed a gentleman.

And this.. this made me blush.

It took minutes to reach the lobby which felt like as if time had stopped. The door opened and finally I felt like I could breathe once again. I pushed him away gently and exited out and walked out to the street and the shortcut which was the park.

*

He followed me despite me refusing his offer of sending me home. I swore that the more he kept on going this way, the more I felt that my feelings are going to be pulled down to him - and I can't let him win! I stopped in my tracks as he did as well. I turned around and glared at him. "You left your car at the building. You should just go home, Hoseok."

"And let my future wife be in danger in this kind of route that she walks in? - Never. Not until I send her home, safe."

I sighed. This is going nowhere. I really have to make him hate me. I HAVE to make him hate me. I did the unthinkable. I did something that I would never do to someone, to anyone. I pushed him to a nearby pond and began to walk as fast as I could. I heard him screaming my name but once, twice and then none.

And then it happens. My guilty conscience. I closed my eyes and groaned, "Ugh. I am hating myself."  I turned around and walked back to where I had pushed him. "Hoseok!" I yelled out his name in this dark night. I pulled out my phone and put on the flashlight.

"Jung Hoseok!" I called out his name again. With his lack of response, I felt my throat dry. I put my phone aside and took off my heels as I went into the freezing water and yelled out for his name. "JUNG HOSEOK!" My eyes widened when I saw the grey blazer that he wore began to afloat. "Oh, God. Oh God," I swam towards where I saw him and pulled him to the shore by his neck. He was out cold.

No. No. Oh my God. What have I done!

A lot of things began to swirl on my mind. I had just met his family and her mother had always loved him the most. What have I done? I pulled him up as his back rested on the grass. I leaned close to hear his breathing, "Hoseok!" I patted his cheek but he didn't wake up. I tried to hear his heartbeat but there was none.

My eyes began to slowly tear up. I took off my blazer and placed onto his chest as I began to do CPR. Tying my hair into a bun, I then placed my hand onto his chest and began. "Hoseok! Please," My lips trembled.

"Don't do this to me!" I held his nose and leaned in to give him air, our lips touched only because it was the standard procedure but what I've got made me startled, I believed that he kissed me, instead.

I gasped and pulled back when I saw Hoseok's eyes opened, he smiled. His hands on my wrist. Because his hair got wet, his forehead began to show. Even at this kind of situation, he looked handsome.

"What's so special about you was that - I guess it would be a blessing to be loved by you without asking at all."

"Did you... Did you just.."

"Sorry," he chuckled.

I couldn't believe it. He faked it. "How dare you!" I stood up, taking my blazer from him, took my belongings with me, walking home.

"Noeul!" He chased after me.

"How could you!" I cried tears rolled down my cheeks. "What's going to happen  to  me if you die?!"

Hoseok's expression changed when he heard that. "Noeul, are you.. are you telling me that you.."

It took me a while to register what I had asked of him. What my outburst was about. "I hate you," I said to him as I turned around and ran away, barefooted.

I hate you, was what I said. But I knew that I didn't mean that. I didn't mean it.  As all of this had happened, I couldn't deny anymore. Not even a week, I had already shown my true feelings.

I probably had lost my bet to Hoseok.