Bureau 26

Marriage Bureau

CHAPTER 26
SONG NOEUL

Brother had sought help after the incident. It had been so much drama happening in my life ever since. Am I really satisfied with it? Or am I still looking for a better one? Hoseok had been such a sweetheart and constantly check up on me, wondering if I was okay. He remained by my side whenever we went out and never missed one message. Clingy, but I always find myself adored this man from time to time.

There weren't any clients for today but it was mostly our time of clearing the backlogs and closing cases that we had attended before. Without realizing we had managed to achieve thousands of successful matchmakings and majority really had settled down with our picks. It was the day of mingling and exchange with other teams, departments perhaps. While I was sat down at the pantry, I had witnessed something that I didn't notice before.

I had too much of a drama in my life, for just this one day, I liked to sit back and be the audience.

Jungkook and Kiran. Jungkook was shy when comes to women, he was softspoken. When he was with the guys, he was quite loud. He was definitely different in front of Kiran. He smiled widely, and bashfully trying his best to hide those pink cheeks. He laughed even at the little things. He worked hard when Kiran had asked him for help. He would go extra mile for Kiran no matter what. And that, how long have those two silently falling for each other?

"No wait, what do you mean that this is not yet done?" Jisoo's voice floated through my reverie and she had just passed by me. "Yah, Min Yoongi!" She pulled him by the arm as he turned and glared at her.

Yoongi pulled his arm away and adjusted his blazer. "The case hasn't reached probation of 6 months, of course, you shouldn't close it."

"Why aren't you listening? There's a typo in the data. I had checked with the couple and they had been married for a year now, I think it is clear that it is okay to close?" Jisoo firmly explained, leaving Yoongi speechless. Taking a gentle sip as I tried to hide my nose behind the cup, I watched the way Yoongi reacted towards her - He likes her, doesn't he? His gaze softened as he tried to hide his coolness with a sigh. Jisoo smirked as she probed the paper to him. "Signature, please? Mr. Min Yoongi?" And Jisoo's confidence and determination had won Yoongi's heart. He took the paper, seemed like snatching but not to the point of hurting her hands. I watched his gaze never ceased from her, signing the paper and returned it back to her.

"Thank you-" Jisoo was about to reach for it when Yoongi pulled back the paper, causing Jisoo to stumble.

She looked up, disbelief, her face reddened as Yoongi glanced to her coldly. "I'll pick you up at 7 pm, later." I read those words on his lips, with him whispering in her ear, as my mouth gaped ajar. He smirked before taking her hand and passed the paper. He winked before tapping gently on Jisoo's lips. She blushed.

I found myself blushing to what I had just witnessed. Jisoo had left when I noticed I accidentally overpoured the coffee on the table and stained my skirt. "F- ."

Amongst the CEOs, Yoongi has that kind of cold vibe but he would be the kind one. With both of them bickering one another, it was no doubt that their hearts do belong together.

I groaned and heaved a sigh as I walked out of the toilet, with my skirt cleaned but wet. "Why did I even get dazed by watching them?" I muttered to myself. But it felt like a drama. I came back to the pantry, took my laptop with me and decided to head to the archives in Flinders. Never did I once knew about it until I became the team leader. Entering the archives at the fourth level of the building, I placed the closed files into the specific racks when I heard sounds at the end of the aisle, my heart thudded against my chest.

Burglar? Perhaps from competing team trying to steal information?

I held my laptop, turning it into a weapon and shone a light at it. Not IT.

Them.

My eyes widened and turned around, my face red and I couldn't believe what I just saw. "Sorry, I'll take my leave," I said and walked towards the door and yelled, "Geez, guys. Get a room, will you? Not in here!" I groaned before I closed the door.

Namjoon and Eri.

I facepalmed while taking the elevator back up to the office. Eri must be really happy being in a relationship with Namjoon. Walking towards the front desk as I smiled at the receptionist, it was then I heard a conversation from the waiting corner, "I can't believe that you're here," Daeun was smiling happily.

"I was just happened to be here and wanted to talk to Namjoon for a while," Taehyung grinned.

'Namjoon is going to be late as he is in cloud nine and I am sure, he'll take his time,' I thought to myself.

"But before I see Namjoon, I came by to see you," Taehyung said and I felt my heart melted. I could feel Daeun was completely swooning and her face was as red as a tomato. She was biting her lips shyly. "Should we go out this weekend? Because I got some free tickets to the amusement park and maybe we could have a walk or something," Daeun nodded right away, in excitement as Taehyung winked. He told her the time and he would pick her up, I tilted my head sideways, resting my hand on my hips. I watched Daeun jumped for joy when Taehyung turned around walking towards me, and to the exit. My gaze met with Daeun who gave me a wink and I gave a smile to her before she retreated back to her office.

I caught a glance of Taehyung's gaze and asked him, "I thought you wanted to see Namjoon?"

Taehyung grinned widely as he placed a finger on his lips, "Shhh. Don't tell Mr. Kim."

I was stunned for a moment and in awe, it was all a lie. Taehyung came by, asked Daeun out and that was that. He just makes up a reason so as to not see as too obvious. Playful and cheeky, indeed.

All of them were in love, unknowingly, probably even before I got into a relationship with Hoseok. The thought of that seemed surreal to me. Me, Song Noeul, in a relationship? It sounded so weird but, I guess it seemed to be my year. I smiled inwardly to myself. "Unnie," I turned and Sooji seemed to panic and her face was redder than usual.

"What's wrong is everything alright? Or do you have a fever?"

"PLEASE STOP HIM," Sooji said just like that and walked passed me.

"Sooji~" A voice cooed as soon as he exited out from the elevator. Park Jimin, CEO of Tweedles, walked casually with a confident smirk on his face. Both of his hands tucked into his pants' pockets and, he was completely donned in an office suit. Such a formal look on him. "Ah, Noona, did you happened to see Sooji?" He smiled, captivatingly as I heard a swooning sigh behind me. The receptionist.

"And what is the matter that you have with Sooji?" I asked, my arms folded. "My team has no liaison with Tweedles staff, much less the CEO," I raised my eyebrows and Jimin's facade broke. His expression changed along with his posture as I remained stern in my position.

He gracefully, held my arm and pulled me aside before whispering, "Noona, can you help me? I had been trying to ask Sooji out but she keeps on pushing me away."

I looked at him in disbelief. A CEO, asking ME for help. Was this had been going on while I was in my drama land? Were these little things that I missed around the people that I actually cared? I returned a smile and asked him to lean a little closer. He did as he told which got be slightly taken aback. He really likes Sooji. "Be as you are," Jimin was dumbfounded as I patted his shoulder. "Sooji is not a complicated person. She likes you, you have nothing to worry about. She's in the meeting room," I grinned as Jimin began to walk inside towards where Sooji was.

Love is just an amazing thing, isn't it?

But why did love hurts so much when broken? I learned the truth about my brother more from Soojung. How lies could break a single trust so easily but it seemed so hard to mend. Every single time, I am happy with Hoseok, there seemed to be always this tiny worry bit of myself, thinking that if I love him too much, he would leave me. He might get sick of me.

A can of coffee appeared in front of my eyes as I turned to look a sunshine smile began to melt away everything. "What are you doing here in the middle of the elevator lobby?" He asked.

"And what are you doing here during working hours?"

"Taking a break?"

"What? No, I have work-"

'We're taking a break," Hoseok had decided since the moment he reached Flinders. We didn't head far actually. We took a break at the nearby bench just nearby the Flinders building "Scenery relaxes you," he said as he pulled the tab of the coffee can and passed to me.

"Are all of your friends happen to be attracted to my team or had it been happening since the first time we met at the event?" I began, turning to Hoseok. His expression showed a little playfulness and disbelief before he let out a laugh.

"They had been talking about it after the event."

A small smile crept up my lips. "I missed a lot huh."

Hoseok wrapped his arms around my shoulder. I rested my head against his chest as we gazed towards the scenery. "No, you don't miss it at all. It just happened because we met, though."

"Right from a bet?" I stated as a matter of factly.

"Right from a bet," Hoseok agreed without an argument and smiled boyishly. He planted a kiss on my temple. Silence crept between us as I wondered how should I deal with these emotions that I had. The marriage of my brother with his wife had taken a toll on me, emotionally and it was something so hard to explain to people why it affected me.

Perhaps it due to a failed relationship that my parents had. I couldn't blame them for what happened but instead, I kept on relying on my brother to have a perfect marriage - to ensure my mindset that love does exist.

"Hey," Hoseok's low voice resonating in my ears. "Let's re-introduce you to my parents once again."

I pulled away from him and smiled, "That would be nice."

"At the same time, I got a fix date for us. Our wedding date."