Bureau 29

Marriage Bureau

CHAPTER 29
JUNG HOSEOK

"I'm going now, don't coop up in the house," Hoseok laughed.

"I won't. Besides, I have to head home and get changed of clothes too," I told him. "Have a good day at work," I smiled and planted a kiss on Hoseok's forehead. Hoseok was taken aback by the gesture and was trying to read my mind. I smiled and quickly brushed him away before he could find out. After closing the door of his apartment, I quickly changed into my clothes, getting ready and left his place thirty minutes after.

If anything else that I had to take action, would be today, would be now. Obviously, I had a plan in mind. Of course, the person who created all the mess was on my mind the entire 
time.

I waited at the sidewalk, where no one knew the place when a car pulled up right in front of me. I grinned as soon as my gaze met with his. "You're really prepared, huh? Even a day after?" He pointed out to my black outfit with a cap on, not trying to be recognized by anyone at all. "Are you sure, you're doing this? Why not tell Hoseok, so that he could help you?" He asked.

"Hoseok is just way too obvious when it comes to me. He worries too much and often at times, he may be a little clingy. Besides, Hoseok mentioned that you were the first who had assumed something didn't add up at all," I looked up to him. "Thanks, Jin, I owe you. Keep this from everyone."

Jin stared for a brief moment and sighed. He took out the note from his blazer pocket, "I found who published the article. He's pretty high profile journalist but had a secret kept in the shadows. I guessed that he was blackmailed."

"An eye for an eye."

"Possibility is there," He said as I took the note from him. "You could use his secret against him to tell who actually bribed him."

"Noted on that," I smiled when Jin grasped my wrist as I gasped in surprise. "Listen, if it gets out of hand, just leave. I don't want you to get into trouble and-"

"I'll be fine. It is already a mess. If I leave, she will find out that I am tracking her."

"She?" Jin frowned to my sudden revelation.

I smirked and pulled my hand away. "You'll see. I just needed evidence. You don't have to worry okay? You know that I had always been okay since school years," I laughed and patted his shoulder. "Have a good day, Kim SeokJin."

*

As I entered the Eenstiz publishing company, it was a busy place, everyone kept on tapping in and out from the lobby and it was a neverending movement. I headed towards the receptionist counter, "Hi, I am looking for Mr. Nam Joohyuk?"

The receptionist looked up, expressionlessly. "Do you have an appointment?"

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"If you do not have any appointment made, Mr. Nam Joohyuk won't see you. There's exit door right behind you, you know your way out," She said as she glanced down to the computer screen.


My mouth gaped ajar for a moment as I stared at the receptionist, "You look bored, looking at online shopping catalog just to pass time. You work with no passion," By this time, she looked up to me with her eyes widened. "You work to just survive in your life. You don't really support your family, do you? You basically just work to support yourself and buy goods, because why not?" I said as she was about to retort. "Get on the phone, call Mr. Nam Joohyuk out, tell him I got news of the recent article he wrote. A better one, I'll be waiting at the sofa there. Thank you very much," I stared.

And she stared back.

"What the hell are you doing!" I yelled, startling her as she picked up the phone and 
called for him.

She placed the receiver phone down, seconds after, "He'll be coming down in five minutes."

Within the stated time, Nam Joohyuk, the journalist came down as he promised. "You were looking for me, in regards to Flinders' CEO, Kim Namjoon?" He asked with a smug smile. Judging from his appearance, I could understand why he had secrets. That one particular secret had got him tied down.

"You should probably understand that this isn't a good place to discuss at all," I suggested knowing that the chances of getting caught right now were pretty high. "Could we discuss it in another place?"

Joohyuk looked at me, searching for the truth in my lies. He probably had detected something wasn't right with the words I've said to him. I had already conveyed my words, I just needed to calm my nerves down. It was then, a smile slowly formed on his lips, "Well, I guess the dirt on Kim Namjoon, just got deeper huh?"

I returned him a smile, "I guess. It is. Since I am the ex-employee at Flinders. I got alot.." I paused and leaned closer to him. "And I mean, a lot." Joohyuk beamed with ecstatic emotions, excited and he nodded with agreement.

"Twosome Cafe," I suggested. "Perhaps after your work ends then."

"Oh, my work can wait," he said. "Let's go now. Shall we?" A slight fear had struck down my spine, knowing that, it would be fifty-fifty chances that I could make this right, or I could be wrong from the start. I stood my ground firmly and obliged to his request.

*

A cup of coffee placed down in front of me, as I stared at Nam Joohyuk. His sly smirk was never off since we took off. I realised how much sly and greedy journalist could be when there's dirt on someone else. "So, shall we just get straight to the point?" he said. "You mentioned you were ex-employee?"

I guess I didn't need to beat around the bushes then. "I am. Mr. Nam Joohyuk, do you really love having dirts on other people, write about it just to cover up your secret?"

His expression fell.

I smirked as I took out my phone and revealed the screenshots that I had got off from my research. "Bribery? Sponsors? And..." I swiped to the next one, "Love hotel?"

I could feel his fear rising as I gained the upper hand of the situation. "Where did you get all this?" he asked, leaning close in a whisper.

"Tell me, that woman who was with you, she is Ahn Sunhee wasn't it?" I asked, staring at him. Joohyuk's brows twitched a little knowing that I had hit the bullseye.

"Where did you get those?" Joohyuk let his back rested against the chair as he stared at me sternly.

"I have my sources like how you had yours," I smiled.

"Are you suggesting something? Because whatever you're trying to do, it won't work on 
me. Ahn Sunhee is a powerful woman despite her designation in Flinders. If you bring me down, you're bringing her along with me."

"Powerful?" I raised my eyebrows. "Wow, you two sure shared something more than I thought," My statement made him even more nervous. "Why are you getting shifty? Did Sunhee really did something to you, so that you actually rise from the bottom to the top?" I folded my arms. "Oh, by the way, didn't you just join Eenstiz about just a year ago? And now you're the head of the team? Something just doesn't add up here. I know you are in a publishing company, but there are other good decent publishing company would love the dirty truth on an employee, especially on Eenstiz's employee."

"You really are amazing, Song Noeul," I turned my right and my eyes widened. "Really are amazing," She repeated. Ahn Sunhee approached us as she stood beside Joohyuk, while her hands on his shoulders. "I told you, I protect you, didn't I, Joohyuk ah?" She leaned closed as she whispered in his ear. Nam Joohyuk had a smirk on his face.

"I am glad that you do because I am starting to think that you're going to break your promise anytime," Joohyuk commented while his gaze was still staring at me.

"You need better proof than just that, woman," Sunhee said. "Didn't I tell you that it is not over? I will get Hoseok to be mine."

I was baffled. "If you had something against me, then just deal with me. Why do you have to pull Namjoon and Eri in!"

"The only way in is to break the wall," Sunhee emphasized. "And I think I did just that for you to lose something you love the most, one by one," she smirked. "I think I won't see the last of you, yet, Song Noeul," She rolled her eyes and walked away.

I glanced to Joohyuk who had a sly smirk. "And here I thought, I could score with you or something. Love hotel? Scandals like that don't bother me one bit, actually," Nam Joohyuk stated, tilted his head, staring at me from top to bottom, imprinting every detail of me at the back of his head. "If you'll excuse me, I have some dirty things to hang up." My hands trembled with rage. Anger bursting within my heart, knowing that it was a dead end. I could feel tears threatening at the corner of my eyes.

But at least, one thing's for sure. I already knew who was behind all of this.