Bureau 05

Marriage Bureau

CHAPTER 05
JUNG HOSEOK

"My dearest wife?"

I could hear a pin dropped as the noise subsided. Her team stared to her and me in complete disbelief. I smirked. It is working. Thank you, Namjoon for the information.

Song Noeul, aged unknown - because Namjoon had mentioned to me it was an important credential that I should not know or rather because, he would get skinned alive by Noeul, herself.

"Wife...?" The second youngest of the team, Eri asked. "Eul-ie, when did you..?"

"Did you even get together before everything? Like is there a secret contract between you two?" Sooji worked on her assumption.

"Was that why Hoseok excused himself and followed you out?" Daeun pieced everything together.

"You had been husband and wife from the start?" Jisoo asked straight to the point. "Why didn't you tell us? If that's the case, we  wouldn't  have  played  cupid  from  the  start!" I smirked seeing the reactions of her team. They were pretty sharp as I thought. It would have meant, I played my part well.

Noeul was tongue-tied as she raised her hands up, calming her team down, "Hold on, you're going to believe him more who you've known seventy-two hours than me whom you had always known almost five years? And what do you mean played cupid??"

"Why not? Figured that Hoseok had a thing or two on you," Eri shrugged. "It's about time you get hitched anyway."

"Eri!" She raised her voice. "Seriously, I don't need this, right now."

She looked at her team, horribly disbelief. She turned to me and I flashed her with a wide grin but only to be pulled away by her, outside. "What games are you playing right now?" She asked, her gaze looked serious and determined.

Hours earlier, last night, I found her chasing a robber while I was passing by the street that I always headed home. I couldn't lie that I found a sympathetic side of me when she cried on my chest. But I couldn't forget, her expression, her hands on my blazer, begging for comfort. All this while, she was broken. The strong, determined career woman has her own vulnerabilities.

"I'm not playing anything. I'm just buying coffee for your team as I'll be having a weekly meeting with Namjoon," I raised my hands in surrender and I changed my expression. "But I am serious about you, being my wife. And to do that, I have to win the hearts of your friends right?"

She was about to retort back what I said but stopped. She couldn't find any words to say. "Hoseok," She sighed exasperatedly. "We talked about this for the hundredth time. I'm not going to be yours! Get that to your head!" Noeul frowned. "If you'll excuse me," she said before retreating to her meeting room.
A small smirk formed on my lips before I headed towards Namjoon's office.

*

"And so, that would conclude the entire social media update," Namjoon said. "The ads on FaceNotes actually boosts the number of our clients on Flinders. So thank you, Hoseok and Jin for the offer," he chuckled.

"The link-up between Tweedles and Flinders had made massive improvements as well," 
Jimin quipped in his opinion as he had his finger on his temple. "As well as on Instrend as well."

"But sadly, link up between FaceNotes and Tweedles won't help us one another, Christian Park," I smirked, teasing Jimin.

A hand wrapped around my shoulder, "You're right, Instrend actually works well with FaceNotes but not Flinders sadly. It'll clash," Taehyung explained. "There's pros and cons of our own social media networking."

"Still," Namjoon sat in his chair. "We made it good - well, I don't know how this will last guys, but I hope that we work for a long time."

"If my FaceNotes had been deployed since 2007, why not yours? I do have to thank Jin for assisting me and having his own shares with FaceNotes as well," I reminded Namjoon. "We all have a start somewhere. I never thought FaceNotes would be a great social networking site anyway."

"That's right," Jin smiled.

Our meeting had always turned out like this. After conclusion, we would always have a chat of motivation between one another. Seconds later, Jungkook and Yoongi joined us. Jungkook was recruited by Namjoon to work under him here in Flinders, he was Namjoon's junior and he respected Namjoon a lot. Yoongi had two shares in his business, one with Flinders, another with Tweedles. The seven of us had been friends for a long time, it was just that the business and partnership between one another had made us grew closer than before.

"Jungkook glowed so much lately, I don't know if I'm getting older because of it," Namjoon teased as the youngest could only blush.

"Please don't let me work with the woman," Yoongi groaned as he took a seat beside Jimin. "She's constantly nagging and I just couldn't handle it."

"Jisoo?" Namjoon asked. "Well, if you want to hide your top status, you should have at least assist her in working."

"Did she say that to you?" Yoongi's eyes widened. I never have seen him so, this interested before.

"I have my sources," Namjoon smirked.


I observed the room and I found something interesting amongst the guys. It felt as if each of us has secrets. My silence had suddenly brought all of their eyes to me. "What?"

"You're awfully quiet today," Namjoon pointed out. "Nothing."

"The bet didn't go well huh?" Jimin smirked.

"I told you when she had her heart set on a decision you can't change her mind," Jin warned him. "Song Noeul isn't one to change that easily."

"Oh, she was swayed," I assured him.

"I bet you - Hoseok will be the nicest guy amongst us all. He couldn't do that to a woman, ever," Taehyung said. "He couldn't be the bad guy."

"You're just too nice," Yoongi pointed out.

"Almost there. I just needed more time to have her wrap around my finger and I'll prove you guys wrong. Jung Hoseok still got his game for a woman like her," I smirked.

"But you know, what if she found out that everything was a bet?" Jungkook asked. "Knowing her, I think there'll be world war 3."

"I'll make sure that won't happen," I smirked.