Bureau 04

Marriage Bureau

CHAPTER 04
SONG NOEUL


"I want you as my wife."

I couldn't move and my heart was thudding so hard against my chest. I stared at him, blankly. I never had someone who was serious about me. "You're joking," I pushed him away, gently. "Also, my book says that I'm not allowed to have a relationship with the client."

"Then you'll be the client as well. I'll get another person from Flinders to settle us."  

"Don't be silly," I laughed nervously as I pulled myself away from him. "In a million years,  I would never fall for you."

"You will, in time. I don't have to ask."

I looked at him, frowning. He seemed very confident. "Don't categorize as those girls 
that you had lured with sweet words. I am for one, not like that. I will never be yours, and I know myself. I'll find you a wife, and it won't be me."

He smirked when he placed his hand on his chest, pretended to be stabbed, "How your words hurt me but then again, if it comes from you, I am fine."

"You...  are unbelievable," I shook my head as I walked away.  

"I can send you!" I waved my hand, ignoring him as I left him. I didn't know him well, but I couldn't hide the feeling that every time our skin touched, electrifying chemistry began to flow within me and it made me feel that I didn't want him to go at all.

NO. SONG NOEUL.

About twenty minutes bus ride, I finally reached office and I noticed Sooji's laptop on the table. She had finished her meetings with client first - dedicated that she always is, but she wasn't at the desk.

I walked by her desk only to see the word - '50 SHADES OF TWEEDLES CEO: CHRISTIAN PARK'. It got me curious that I actually read almost all of it when the door opens, Sooji entered with a drink in her hand. "UNNIE!" She yelled panicked and blocked the view of the article.

I smirked. "Let me take a guess. Did he happened to appear during the dinner?" She didn't answer. "You're curious of him," I stated expressionlessly. Sooji's face reddened even more, and pretend to stare at her laptop. I let out a chuckle.

"Its nothing wrong and fine! Yes, I was curious of him," She admitted. "But really, that invitation from boss to FaceNotes, is really, one of a kind."

"Can we not talk about FaceNotes?" I groaned and sunk into my seat. "Something-"

"Don't," I repeated.

"Well, it's not fair that you get to tease me and I don't. Where did you ever head off with the FaceNotes' CEO last night?" I was about to respond to him when the door of the room as Kiran's voice was heard. "Thanks Jungkook," She said and I got a glimpse of Jungkook smiling to her before he left.

Sooji looked at the direction where I was staring and the two of us ended up looking at Kiran. "What?"

"When did you two ever get together?" Sooji asked only to earn a blush from her. "Nothing that I would share much about," Kiran said. "Please, he's my junior," She reasoned.

"For a junior, he sure showed massive interest to you," Sooji pointed out as she laughed.

"NO!" A loud yell was heard just outside the door. It opened as Jisoo held the door with her hand. "You do not show me how to do it when you, yourself are just as lazy, Min Yoongi!" She nagged. "I swear why did Kim Namjoon let me partner up with you for this client!"

"It's not like I asked for it. It's for the company and you needed to be professional about it," was what Yoongi said, leaving Jisoo completely speechless for his cold attitude.

"FINE," Jisoo groaned and slammed the meeting door before slamming her things down on the table as both Kiran and Sooji flinched.

Not any seconds later, Daeun and Eri joined in for the final debrief before dismissed from work. "What happened?" Eri asked. "We can really hear you arguing just outside the lobby," Eri took a seat beside Jisoo as Daeun sat between Eri and Sooji.

"What kind of client did you have to meet that makes you completely pissed?" I asked, despite Jisoo hasn't calmed down yet.

"I don't know but can you imagined that HE didn't do any single preparation at all and I," Jisoo emphasized by pointing to herself, "Had to prepare EVERYTHING."
"Be careful what you wish for there, Jisoo," Sooji pointed out. "A bickering could only lead to love."

I glanced to Sooji as what she said hit home for me. Bickering could only lead to love - I would have believed it was years back but for some reason what happened between my brother and Soojung just didn't last long. Love is just as complicated as getting into a relationship, marrying and settling down as a family. These things, are... these things are just different. Completely different. If you happened to be married and settled down, happy and in love then you're just lucky to be receiving that life.

I closed my laptop, earning glances and stares from the team. Eri was just as worried because of the incident in the morning. "Just update the progress report of your client and save it. I'll review it tomorrow."

I am not fit to be glorifying that love is beautiful when my own brother just crushed the meaning of it by doing what he'd done.

*

I was listening to music with my headphones and slowly walking back home from the nearby station. I stared at blank space ahead, thinking about what happened to my life. How could one simple disappointment lead so much sadness, anger in my head? I was trying to take it all in but my fear began to overwhelm me and I was in such a huge denial of the situation.

A sudden ripped from my arm made me hit back to reality as a robber pulled my handbag away. "YAH!" I screamed as I chased after him. What the , what the , what the , was all I could say in my head. "YAH!" I screamed and ran as fast as I could but a woman's stamina could only be as much. I kept on going when a certain car screeched to a stop in front of the robber which actually hit him and made the robber flew to the car's windshield.

I was shocked.

The driver came out and my heart dropped. "Are you alright?" He asked me as I nodded. He grabbed the handbag from the robber who fled, limping away before approaching me. "Noeul, are you okay?"

"H.. Hoseok," my lips trembled as my gaze met with his. "Are you hurt anywhere or anything?"

I'm okay, was what I wanted to say to him. My trembling hands unconsciously grabbed a hold of his blazer and rested my head on 
his chest. Comfort. I needed it. 

I broke down, crying.

*

I woke up my eyes swollen. I checked my eyes into the mirror when the flashback of what happened yesterday replayed on my mind.

Hoseok was the one who saved me from the robber. Hoseok happened to be there while I was on the way back. Hoseok approached me with a concern expression. I cried to Hoseok. Hoseok comforted me. And he.. he drove me back home and.. "Will you be okay?" I remembered that I nodded in response before closing the door and fell asleep. I stared at the mirror, looked at my reflection and brought a hand to my chest.

My heart clenched.

I headed to work as usual but the atmosphere felt absolutely different. It feels...noisy. I walked towards my meeting room, opened the door as I witnessed the entire thing.   "Uwah! Iced Caramel Macchiato!" Eri exclaimed excitedly.

"How did you know white chocolate mocha is my favourite?" Daeun asked.

"He didn't get any coffee wrong honestly. He got mine, just how I wanted it to be," Jisoo said.

Hoseok smirked, "I have my sources."

"Is there any special event today? And what are you doing here?" Kiran asked, expressionlessly, though a cup of Iced Americano was already in her hand.

"True, it's weird to have FaceNotes' CEO coming in here out of nowhere. I am beginning to assume something happens when we're not around," Sooji commented.

"Well, apart of meeting Namjoon, I-"

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked eyes widened in disbelief as his gaze met with mine. He approached me with a cup in his hand.

"Caramel Macchiato?" He smiled as I stared. "My dearest wife?"

Wife.

Dearest wife.


The team all looked at the two of us with their lips parted in shock. What the hell just happened?