Bureau 32

Marriage Bureau

CHAPTER 32
JUNG HOSEOK

My head rested against the wall where I was sitting as my gaze fixated onto the 'In Operation' light that was still on. My tears threatening at the corner of my eyes, falling. What was happened, wasn't supposed to happen. With the situation at hand, Namjoon was settling it on behalf of myself while I got myself treated and waiting for Noeul's news.

"She'll be okay," Yoongi patted my shoulder as I returned him a small smile.  I heard footsteps rushing over when I remembered his familiar face.
Noeul's brother. How... How am I going to face him?

His face showed distressed, along with his wife. Her brother turned around and his gaze met with mine. We stared at each other briefly as he glanced to the wound on my hand. "You.." He approached me and grasped me by the collar. Yoongi was trying his best to stop. "You did this? Did you?"

I should have said a word but I couldn't answer him. Sunhee was the one who did it but the root of cause began with me. Who am I kidding?
"He didn't do it," Yoongi said.

"If he didn't, then who did? I remember you," her brother said. "You're with her, most of the time, didn't you? Didn't think I knew that?"

"Ahn Sunhee," Kiran quipped in. "A colleague named Ahn Sunhee did it. We had some argument and disagreement. She had a little something going on in her life. Noeul was trying to protect Hoseok from getting hurt, but she-"

Her brother sighed and released Hoseok. "That stupid idiot. Always think of others before herself," he said.

"I'm sorry," I apologized as I got onto my knees and bowed formally to him. "I should be protecting her."

"Please," A female voice said, "It is inevitable that it happened but please, stand up," I looked up and it was Noeul's sister-in-law, Soojung said that to me. "For  now, let's hope   for her recovery."

*

Dreading. That was what it felt like waiting for her to come out from the operating theatre room. But it became even more dreading, waiting for her to open her eyes, to 
make me feel at ease that she was alright. The operation was a success, she had a blood transfusion and a couple of stitches, closing up the wound. Thankfully, the wound wasn't that deep that injured her internally.

I learned from Namjoon and Sunhee would be released from Flinders with immediate effect and she would be having a court trial soon. He even warned that Sunhee maybe even let off from justice, by indicating that she had mental issues, to begin with.

Leaning against the chair, I stared blankly into nothingness as my world had fallen apart. As long as Noeul isn't going to wake up, I felt like nothing I could even do. "Hey," I looked up and my gaze met with her brother's. "Go back home and have some rest first," he said. "I'll take care of her."

I shook my head, "I'm sorry, hyung-nim. I couldn't rest even if I should," As if on cue, like a prayer had been answered, Noeul's fingers twitched a while and then again.  She shifted her head slowly, before opening her eyes. "Noeul!" I held her hand, gently and gazed to her. "Hey.."

Noeul smiled weakly, "Hey.."

"You're in the hospital and I'm fine," I smiled as my tears began to threaten at the corner of my eyes. "And I am so sorry," I brought her hand to my lips and let it rested against my forehead. I was trying to hold back the emotions in. Despite the fact that Sunhee was at fault, but Sunhee was a part of me before, thus I am the reason why those things happened like this. If only that night, I didn't let Sunhee overnight at my place, things could have change differently.

Noeul took her hand and rested it on my head. "I am glad you're fine. Thank you." She said and closed her eyes.

The doctor came by minutes later when I realised that her brother had called him. Giving the doctor some space for a check, the rest of us waited outside the wardroom. A hand on my shoulder was felt, "Hoseok, head home first." Soojung smiled with Ahreum in her hands. "Noeul will be okay."

"I-"

"I understand your concern for her," Soojung paused. "I saw the ring on her finger. I would have assumed that it is you."

"Oh, I-We had wanted to let you both know-"

"It understandable for now, knowing the circumstances we're facing."

I nodded, "Honestly, we both had planned out the dates and such. We really had wanted to tell you both. But of course, the date will be pushed back. Until Noeul recovers. Until that day comes, if you would, if both of you would, spare a day and I'll come by to seek your blessings properly," I explained and looked at her brother who had been staring at me.

I would understand that her brother would be against me, especially.

"I'll be waiting then," He answered as my eyes widened in surprise. A wide smile crept on my lips as I gave a formal bow. I was at my happiest.

*

"Hey, slowly," I said, holding her hand. The doctor discharged Noeul the next two days, 
upon checking that she was fit to head home and rest for about a month. "I am fine, Jung Hoseok," She said as I lead her onto the sofa.

I laughed, "I can't be so sure. You always hide the pain from me, from everyone." I grinned and she glared at me. I smirked, "I can't. I promised your brother that I would be the one taking care of you. So you're stuck with me being so naggy whether you like it or not." I leaned close, making Noeul's back completely rested against the sofa. I smiled and stole a kiss before pulling back. "I'll make you, your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So you don't have to worry about it."

"Hoseok, what about your work?"

"I am the CEO," I said. "My first priority is my wife," I smiled when I noticed Noeul was taken aback by my statement. Her cheeks began to grow red.

"Hoseok," I stopped when Noeul suddenly called my name and her voice sounded serious. She patted the empty seat beside her. Obediently, I did as she asked me to and sat beside her. Noeul didn't say a word, as she held my hand, intertwined ever so gently. I remained silent as I watched what was happening. She caressed my hand, my palm and I watched her eyes had already glistened in tears.

Her fingers trembled as she gently grabbed a hold of my shirt, clenched it tightly before burying her face into my chest. I was caught by surprise but I could feel her emotions, her needs towards me. Without any hesitation, I found myself wrapping my hands around her and held her close.

Noeul broke down to tears as she finally cried herself out. "Everything's okay, now," I whispered. "Everything's okay."