Bureau 03

Marriage Bureau

CHAPTER 03
SONG NOEUL

"Oh my god."

That had been my reaction since I saw what I shouldn't have seen. His hands around her waist and she had hers around her neck. His lips whispering into her ears and everything else. OH GOD. I closed my eyes, trying to erase everything away. OF ALL PLACES.

I found out that they hadn't head home just yet and blamed the amount of wine they had at the party. Namjoon had offered Eri a ride home and from there, things happened. "Eul-ie..." She began.

I rubbed the temple on my forehead trying to digest what was happening and what I saw was indeed it is. I heaved a sigh, "Oh dear God." That was the only thing I could say.

"Can you just say anything else other than that?" Namjoon said.

Eri was seated in front of me as Namjoon was standing on her side. "Well, what am I supposed to say seeing one of my team with their boss on top of one another?" I raised my voice. "Look, I am not judging or stopping you from loving one another but think about your team, at least."

"But it just happened I mean, I really love Namjoon," Eri said, "Yeah, it happened too fast but Eul-ie, you can't stop me to love someone." She looked at me, shrugging with a sure smile on her face.

"People talk, Eri. The other teams. 'Oh, Noeul's team got the best because one of the members is sleeping with the boss!'"

"Noona, I will handle when that part comes," Namjoon said. "The feelings mutual and I take that responsibility because I probably initiated it."

"Besides, love happens for a reason and between us, I find love is a wonderful thing," Eri said as her eyes gazed lovingly to Namjoon. I had already known whenever 
she looked at him like that during work.

"Love is a lie," I said, feeling the words that slipped out from my mouth. Eri turned her attention to me, her eyes widened and surprised to what I had said. "It was never happy. It breaks you completely when happens, you know?" The anger boiled in me. My heart felt like it was convulsing, pulsing through my veins. And tears collected at the corner of my eyes. "It rips your heart like as if you don't feel anything. You feel numbed."

"Unnie.." Eri frowned, and concern was written all over her face. She stood up and approached me, to comfort me but I stopped her and hung my head low.

No. I'm not weak. I didn't really need any comfort right now. I was just emotional as it is. "Sorry," I apologize, unsure if it was to mean that I saw the entire thing or was I sorry for what I had said. "I'll go get the coffees before the rest of the team gets here."

I hung my bag over the shoulders and headed out.

*

Everything remained the same, Eri and I didn't talk about what happened earlier.  It's her personal life and it wasn't my place to say.  I swallowed my selfishness because what I had said to her was just my anger and dissatisfaction for my own problems. I stopped myself before I ruined her happiness and I had never seen Eri so happy and with the way she looked at Namjoon, the young girl is in love.

I split our tasks the same thing every morning but for today, during our break, I met up with Daeun as her client meeting was nearby as well. "Going well?" I asked as soon as she took a seat in front of me.

"Well, you can't help to deal with someone so fussy. Can I pass this client to you?" She joked.

"No."

"Wow, cold as always Unnie. I was just joking."

"Ha. Ha," I smirked as Daeun rolled her eyes. I took a sip of my second cup of Caramel Macchiato.

"So, how are you, Unnie?" Daeun folded her arms, resting against the table and had her complete attention to me.

"What?"

"Well, when you left yesterday, Hoseok had his eyes on you all the time! He excused himself to follow you out! Did something happened?" Daeun propped her chin and completely interested.

"He... follow me out?" I repeated and Daeun nodded.

"I swear Hoseok is just as interested! Or rather, completely in love-" "No," I shook my head.

"Oh! Don't deny!" She laughed. "Remember when we had the same idol bias and you were denying him completely before supporting him? Look who's obsessed after that!" Daeun giggled. "You know hate can turn into love without you saying anything at all." I stared at Daeun, and she knew that the conversation was over. She changed the subject immediately and she began to tell me about her 'networking' yesterday. She 
showed me the photos that she and the team had taken with one another. And stopped at one particular person, "Kim Taehyung, CEO of Instrend. Isn't he handsome?"

I couldn't deny that. Kim Taehyung could probably be one of the best visual amongst the bosses that we had met. "Well, did you talk?" I asked.

"I did! And," She gave me a look, a look that I knew and understood so well. The same look that Eri had given to me when she talked about how much she loved Namjoon.

Daeun is falling for Taehyung.

"Oh! My time is up," Daeun's voice broke my reverie. "Off to the next client! I'll see you back at the office later for the debrief!" And we took off together. She went the other way while I took the other route.

For some reason, the invitation yesterday, somehow opened up the gates of love towards our team. Not that I really mind at all. It's fine if it is my team who gets to experience love but just not me-

I stopped in my tracks when I saw him yet again. He was on his way to his car. When his gaze met with mine, his smile widened.

Such a beautiful smile.

NO. I shook my head. I decided to walk by and ignored him completely. I told myself to pretend not to see but I failed when he caught hold of my wrist. "Are you really going that far to ignore me?" He asked.

"Please, we're only acquainted just yesterday," I glanced to his hand on my wrist and it was bigger than mine. His warmth spread to my entire body and the feeling felt so electrifying that it sent shots to my heart. My heartstrings tugged and I felt my cheeks began to heat up.

I was blushing. I whisked his hand away but he tightened. "If you will?" He asked, making a way for me to get into his car. I was about to answer back when he insisted, "Please."

I told myself to say no many times but I couldn't seem to actually say it!

The passenger door closed as soon as I sat down. I am already regretting it.

*

"Where are we going?"

"I'm not telling you," he spoke, his eyes on the road and a smile formed on his face. I heaved a sigh and gazed outside the window, there was nothing but silence between us. I had had enough series of events that happened for the past few hours. My phone vibrated upon received a message from someone.

 

'Noeul... Your brother... he's not answering my messages.'

'He's busy, perhaps?'

'No... I found out from Risa, he.. that woman had been making him drink early morning despite I made him one in the morning. Noeul.. that woman is already married. I don't know how long I can be patient anymore.'
 

*click*

I shut my phone off.

"Are you okay?" I turned to Hoseok who had his gaze on me briefly before turning back to the road. "Is the message from someone you like?"

"Nothing," I shook my head. "None of your business," I said coldly. "I am going to ask you again, where are we going-" My words cut short when he finally slowed down the car to a stop. I glanced to the scenery beside me and a particular view that I knew of.

Top of the hill, where the trees were always dancing with the wind, there was a view of the entire city up top. I didn't want to think it was coincidence or anything. Everyone had their own safe haven. And this place he brought me was my safe haven.

"We're here," he said as he got out of the car and I did the same. "Why did you bring me here?"

"Nothing. I find that this place really has the energy to heal the mood. This is my own quiet corner," He said proudly.

"Well, is it even alright for you to bring me here despite the fact that we barely knew one another, on top of that - you're my client. You don't have any schedule with me today," I said but he stopped me by blocking my path. He playfully shook his head and blocked once again when I tried to head to another side. "Mr. Jung Hoseok!" I yelled almost too loud but his expression changed.

His face darkened as his gaze piercing through me. I felt shivers down my spine and I felt the atmosphere around him changes. If anyone could feel it, they would know that Hoseok would be probably pissed about it. His expression grew serious as he held my shoulders. His touch sent tingles all over my body and I could feel myself blushing just by it.

"I understand that I am your client. So as your client, I have my wishes and wants and you abide by the rules of it. You work by the book, don't you, Song Noeul?" I nodded in response to his question.

"Well, my request and want are simple: I want you as my wife," he said.

I felt my soul left my body.