Bureau 17

Marriage Bureau

CHAPTER 17
SONG NOEUL

 

Fire. I felt it. It was a burning passion. It was more than just a chemistry between the two of us. Hoseok's touch lingered on my skin and the kisses he gave left me breathless.

His fingers delicately caressing where SeokJun had violently touched, erasing it away. Hoseok's thoughtfulness made me forget everything that happened. But nothing happened more than that. We both knew how much our hearts wanted with each other but Hoseok, he held back. He rested his forehead on my shoulders, whispering, "I should stop. If not, I.. I can't control myself. And with this situation, it's just not right. I 
want to respect you," He picked himself up and held me by the shoulders, he planted a kiss on my forehead before resuming that dinner that he had planned to make.

I placed my finger over to where his lips had lingered. I felt my cheeks getting warmer as  I rubbed the back of my neck, remembering the details of what had happened, yesterday. "Noeul?" I snapped out of thoughts and the world came back to where I was. Meeting room. With the upper management. My gaze met with Namjoon as I blinked for a moment and I glanced to his right, where Jungkook and Yoongi had sat. And I glanced to his left where my team was seated. "Are you okay?"

"Y...Yeah, I'm fine," I cleared my throat.

"If you're sick, and need a day off, you could have it," Namjoon said.

I had wondered if Hoseok had actually told them about Jun? Did he even tell them who was the one had created the huge fuss about it? But it felt that Hoseok didn't. It felt that he was very thoughtful and considerate of my feelings knowing that I didn't want to remember the horrible incident again.. "No. I'm good," I said, keeping my composure and I knew that my team was not buying my response.

The meeting ended with the upcoming Flinder's Annual event. It has been planned our entire staffs here, Namjoon did mention that he would be inviting the other CEOs as well - which I am not surprised because I came to learn that the seven of them made full use of connecting the social networks together. I heaved a sigh as soon as I sat on my chair. Eri suddenly, peered in front of my face making me leaned backward. "What the-"

"What's up with your red face, hm?" She asked, with a teasing smirk. I glanced to the rest of my team who had the same expression as well. I gave a fake cough and trying not to recall it.

Seriously, just when I had forgotten about it.

"Something good is happening," Daeun added.

"Indeed," Jisoo said. "Unnie, whatever it is, I hope it makes you happy!"

"What are you kids implying?!"

"We are not implying," Sooji said as she placed her laptop down and began to search for her wallet. "Unnie being like this could only mean one thing that she's been thinking on her mind-"

"Jung Hoseok," The five of them said it in unison.

I looked at them in disbelief and found myself tongue-tied, unable to retort back. I bit my lips as I took my things along. "I'm going to meet client!" I chose to say as I heard them giggling behind me. They weren't wrong though. They really hit the bullseye.

*

It had been a very long day and my team had suggested that all of us should be having 
dinner together. It had been some time since I spent time with the girls. In fact, so many things had happened, I found our friendship distance with each other began to grow apart. Yet, I still hadn't find any resolve towards my own family problems. Logically, they weren't my problem, but because of the huge disappointment, I often ask myself if I ever going to move on from the upset that I'm feeling still. I propped my chin into my palm as I watched the girls drink, "Please control yourself with the alcohol, I don't want to send home five girls in a cab. Money doesn't fall from the sky."

Eri laughed, "Don't worry, we'll control ourselves. At most Daeun will be the first one drunk."

"I'M NOT" Daeun suddenly raised her voice. The rest of us laughed out loud upon Daeun's reaction. She had too much alcohol indeed.

"Unnie," I turned to Kiran who suddenly called out to me. "Is everything okay?" I stared at her in confusion as the rest of them began to look at me. Tension rose to the atmosphere and it felt like as if they had detected something probably happened to me, personally.

"I'm fine," I smiled, assuring them. Yes, I'm good for now.

"Honestly, lately, you haven't been meeting a lot of client right?" Sooji asked, her gaze staring at her glass. "I'm not saying that you've been slacking but apart from Hoseok, there's something else that you're distracted with." Something else. Family.

"You know that we are here for you, right?" Jisoo smiled.

"We are always here," Eri quipped in.

"I LOVE YOU, UNNI!" Daeun wrapped her arms around my shoulders into a hug.

"She's drunk," Eri commented and the rest let out a burst of loud laughter. They were worried about me. I felt flattered but I felt bad that I couldn't even open up the problem to them. Not because I didn't want to but I couldn't. My eyes grew watery and smiled,

"Thank you, ladies. I am good. I am sure of that. Thanks for the concern. When the time is right, and I needed a shoulder to cry on - please be there for me." I glanced to each of them and a smile formed each on their faces. Even though I didn't share, the fact to know that there were people being there for me, I understood that I am not alone at all.

*

The next morning, I woke up feeling fresh. I got ready and began to start a new day at work. I have to work harder than ever.  Sooji had been noticing that I haven't been getting many clients as I used to and honestly, I had wanted to quit. And whenever I thought of that, Hoseok's face began to paint on my mind. I smiled to myself, "Such a hopeful kid." I was about to leave when I finally noticed a wristwatch that was left on the coffee table. It was Hoseok's. He probably left during the time when he had sent me home from the hospital. He often took it off every time before cooking. "That careless boy," I muttered to 
myself before putting the watch into my bag.

Perhaps paying a visit to his place isn't a bad idea. Perhaps we could have lunch together. I stopped myself and heat crept up my cheeks. It felt weird to be in a relationship because I didn't actually have a real one before. "No, I am just going to send this watch to him and go to work, without him sending me."

It had only been once since I been over to his place and I had to seek Jiwoo's help for the address because the other time was a free ride by car. As I headed up to his apartment, my heart was already racing while I was in the elevator. I couldn't help but feel nervous and anxious. Or maybe a little excitement. I shook off the thoughts, especially what happened that day, I needed to stay focus rather than keeping myself distracted.

I straightened my blazer before I pressed the bell. The door clicked open and my smile faltered. I was confused.

"Yes?"

"This.. is Jung Hoseok's apartment?"

"Yes," She nodded with a smile. "Can I help you?" Who is she? Why is she in Hoseok's apartment? "May I know who you are?"

And the answer ruined my day.

"I'm his girlfriend."