Irene's Doubt

A Promise Is A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV

As Irene give instructions to her staff, I can sense that there is something wrong with her like she's very worried.  Also from time to time I see her looking at Seulgi and Serene. I thought she was really okay with it but I guess I'm wrong. Because of that, I left Joy and immediately talked to Irene.

"Hey Irene, do you have a minute?" 

"Of course, is there something that you need from me?"

"It's not actually about me.. it's about you. Are you okay? You seemed to be so distracted."

"Am I that obvious?"

"Well to me yes. I mean I've known you for so long. Is it about Seulgi's closeness to Serene?"

"I can't help but to be worried Wendy. I'm really upset that you guys hide it from me but I can't do anything as I don't want to upset Serene as well."

"Is that why you told Seulgi that it's fine?"

Then she shaked her head. "I felt like Seulgi changes a lot too and I know that we talked about moving on and stuff and I don't want her to feel that I haven't move on from the past. I know I should forget about the past but I can't help Wendy. What if Serene gets hurt in the end?"

I really can't blame her as I remembered nine years ago......

Flashback (9 years ago..)

I was busy preparing my dinner when I heard loud knocks on the door. I was even surprised when I saw Irene in front of me crying her heart out.

"Oh my gosh Irene. What happened to you?"  She immediately hugged me.

"Wendy, Seulgi.. she broke up with me?"

"Wait what?"

"Wendy I'm pregnant."

"What the hell? How did Seulg---?"

She hit my arm. "Wendy...I'm not even joking. I was by Bogum. I don't want anybody to know but then I found out that I was pregnant."

"You're kidding me?"

She shaked her head and continued crying. "Okay, where the hell is that ? I swear I'm gonna kill him."

"I don't know Wendy but don't do anything that might aggrevate the situation."

"Did you tell Seulgi about this? "

"Yes but someone sent her pictures of me and Bogum and now she doesn't believe in me and saying that I cheated on her."

"What the hell? Is she that dumb?"

"And what hurts me the most is that she thought of aborting the baby. I can't believe that she'll say that." 

"For real? Okay, that's it. I'll give her a big slap she deserved." I was going to walk out but then Irene held my arms. 

"No need for that Wendy. Anyways I told her too that maybe it's really better if we break up."

I can't help but be sad on what happened to them. I knew for the fact that Seulgi was preparing to propose to Irene and this happened? I really can't believe that Seulgi will say those things specially when Irene needed her the most. I don't think I can be able to move on too. And to think that Seulgi is my gf's bestfriend..aisstt 

Back to the present

"It's just normal for you to feel that way Irene. We can forgive but we can't truly forget. I can't guarantee you anything cause I don't know what the future holds but seeing Seulgi for the past year, I can assure you that she'll do anything and everything for that kid and I believe that it's not only because she still loves you but she truly loves her. 

"How can you confidently say that?" She asked.

Flashback (one year ago)

"Wendy, are you still mad at Seulgi? I mean Irene already forgave Seulgi and both of them we're moving on. So maybe, you can allow Seulgi to be my maid of honor? Besides I don't have a sibling and I considered her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter