The Proposal

A Promise Is A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV

"And with that I want to introduce the new President of the JDG broadcasting company. Let us all welcome.. my daughter, Irene Bae." Uncle-Appa announced. When I was walking through the stage, I'm freaking nervous. I'm used to be in the crowd before as an actress but not like as the President. Honestly, I was so surprised when uncle handed the the position to me.

Flashback

"Irene, I was planning on retiring already so that I can spend more time with your mom." Uncle-appa said.

"Oh really? That's good and yeah uncle-appa, I think it's about time for you to rest and relax. So do you have anybody in your mind now that's going to take over of your position?"

"Yeah of course."

"Oh and who is it?"

"You!" He said.

"What?" I surprisingly said. Did I heard it right? Me? Never in my dreams that I thought of being the President of our company.

"Yes. you!"

"But why me?"

"Why not? You're my daughter and that's my company. I worked hard for it, do you think I will just hand it to anybody?" I was so touched with what he said. I never have imagined that our relationship will be like these too. I mean I've hated him before but because of Seulgi I've learned to appreciate him and here we are.

"But do you think I can be able to handle it?"

"Well, you're one of the most famous actress before so you kinda know the ins and outs besides I'm always going to be here for you."

"Don't worry I will train and support you until you're ready to take over the company by yourself." He added.

"Thank you for trusting me uncle-appa. I'll do my best."

"Thank you for accepting the position as well. There's one  more thing that I wanted to talk to you about Seulgi."

"What about her?"

"I need her to come back to Korea once she's okay. I'm getting a lot of complains now."

"I understand uncle-appa. I'm kind of forsee it already. I know that she's been here for long and as an actress I know that she can't have a vacation that long specially that she's not an ordinary actress. She's Kang Seulgi." Then I chuckled. "Before you handed me the position, I already thought of going back home with her. I mean I really wanted the both of us to work and I know for sure that Serene will be sad being apart from her mommy Seulgi. Honestly, I have plans of proposing to her once she's okay."

"For real? You're going to propose to the brat?"

"Yah, uncle-appa. She's not a brat. She have proved herself and realizing that I might lose her anytime, I need her to know that I love her as much as she loves me."

Then he chuckled. "Aigoo what a softy you are to her. But honestly, I strongly believed that she deserves that second chance. She loves you so much and not only you even Serene. Plus she almost die protecting you and your daughter so I strongly support the both of you and your mom feels the same way. Anyways she always loved Seulgi for you. That girl, I swear she would do anything for you. I still remember when we used to work tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter