Eight Years Ago.....

A Promise Is A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: This is a sequel to the story "My Unwanted Screen Partner." (https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1404846/my-unwanted-screen-partner) If you haven't read it, I recommend for you to read it first. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seulgi's POV

Breaking News: Kang Seulgi have been spotted again with another girl almost making out in a drinking bar last night. The witnesses said that she was drunk and completely wasted when---------

I wasn't able to hear the next statement because Joy turned off the TV.

"What the hell Kang? I told you if you're going to make some trouble don't go on public places too much. Seriously, your career is going to be over soon!"

"I don't care!"

"Really? Huh? You don't care?  May I remind that you...we....we worked hard for your image and career! And then what? You're just  going to throw it all just because you're like a high schooler who have this great love and can't move on." I immediately grabbed Joy's collar. I was so mad with her words.

"It's been ing eight years already Seulgi. I know that until now you're still blaming yourself for what happened in your relationship but it isn't entirely your fault. You may be ruining your life now while Irene probably have moved on already. Seulgi please get a hold of yourself. I miss you. Your family is missing you." Then with that, all the tears that I thought was long gone, can't just stop falling from my eyes.

 

Eight years ago...........

"Seulgi, there's something I would like to tell you." Irene said while crying.

I didn't say anything and just continued listening to her. I actually know what's going on already as I received photos of her with someone else.

"Seul, I'm pregnant."

As soon as she said that, I felt like my whole world turns up side down. What happened to us having a baby when she's having a baby with someone else? What happened to I love Seul?

"How long have you been cheating on me?" I coldly said.

Her eyes widen. "I've never cheated on you Seul. I love you so much. I won't do such thing."

"Oh yeah? Is that so?" I quickly grabbed the envelope and showed her photo with that ing .

"Where did you get this photos?"

"It doesn't matter where! Tell me Irene..what did I do for you to hurt me like this."

"Seul, I didn't want to hurt you."

"Really, you don't want to hurt me.? Coming here and telling me that you're freaking pregnant?"

"I was !" She yelled.

"That guy on that picture, he was Bogum. He was an old friend of mine. Remember when I told you that I will go out with one of my friend, it's him. We went out and then he put something on my drinks. He brought me somewhere and I begged him to stop." She was crying and shaking at the same time. I wanted to hug her but I wouldn't fall on her acting. She's Irene Bae after all. "But he didn't stop. I'm so afraid to tell you.. to tell mom and uncle.. this scandal might ruin my career so I just keep it hidden but then today I found out that I was pregnant."

"And you expect me to believe on that ing lie?"

"I wasn't lying Seul. I'm telling you the truth. Please believe me." She pleaded. She tried to hug me but I pushed her away.

"There's no way I would be able to accept that child Irene." I furiously said.

"So what do you want me to do, abort the child when he/she haven't done anything wrong?"

"Yes!" Then I saw her surprised and disappointed face. "I mean no... I don't know. I just think that it's better if we end things here now. I will just resent you for cheating on me and that child being a reminder of your ---" Then Irene slapped me so hard on my face while crying.

"Now I get it. Your love for me isn't deep at all. Cause you know why? If we are to switch places and I'm in your place.. I will never doubt on you and I will believe in you in a heart beat. Guess you're right? Better that we end up things here now."

After that night, Irene made a public announcement about leaving her career and our break up and then I've never seen her again.

 

Back in the present......

"Do you think I've never wanted to move on Joy? I wanted to but I just can't. I wanted to stop the pain but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter