Chapter 2

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Waah, that killing part though,” Yerim said, amazed as she watched NCT 127’s stage on the TV in the waiting room.

“He’s so ugly,” Seulgi commented as she watched the pink haired guy on the TV screen.

“He’s your new boyfriend,” Sooyoung teased and Seulgi threw a pillow at her.

“Hey!” Sooyoung gasped and threw the pillow back at her.

“Stop it! We’re up next and I’m sure you don’t want to look bad on our comeback stage,” Joohyun scolded them and Sooyoung stuck her tongue out at Seulgi.

The five girls finished the last touches on their makeup and went out of the waiting room. As they headed towards the stage the sound of a few familiar voices rang in their ears. Seulgi felt her heart rate increase and she started breathing rapidly as the voices got louder and clearer. The thought about them having their comeback stage and the fact that she was going to be involved in a dating scandal did not go well together.

“Hey, take a deep breath.”

She felt a light squeeze on her hand and looked up to see Seungwan’s reassuring smile. She took a deep breath and accepted the tissue that Seungwan handed her and wiped the sweat off of her face. As they rounded the corner the five girls got met by nine other guys and Seulgi stopped directly in her tracks as the other girls quickly went to congratulate them on their fantastic stage. 

Since there were ten minutes left until they had to be on stage the other girls decided to stay for a chit chat with the guys. Seulgi stood alone in the corner and watched as Yerim talked to Donghyuck, Mark, and Yoonoh. Sooyoung talked to Yuta and Dongyoung. Seungwan talked to Taeil and Sicheng, and Joohyun talked to Youngho. That of course left Taeyong alone in the other corner as well as he waited for s to finish their chit chat.

She could feel the burning stare from the corner of her eye and normally she would return that burning stare with a glare but this time she felt like her body was paralyzed. She felt her knees getting weak due to her nervousness and her heart began beating like crazy again. She took small deep breaths and looked down at the floor and waited patiently for the girls, while hoping that the manager would come quickly and tell them to put their in-ear monitors and mics on.

“Seulgi, are you feeling okay?” Youngho whispered to her as he gently took her aside from the others.

Seulgi looked up at her friend and shook her head. She had known Youngho the longest out of everyone and he knew how much she struggled during all these years. He had been there with her since day one and was truly like a best friend whom she could tell anything to. There were even things that he knew that the girls didn’t. That’s how close they were.

“Do you want me to get water for you?” he asked her, the worrying tone in his voice was very noticeable.

“No, it’s fine. It’s just the nerves,” she reassured him.

“Girls!”

A small puff escaped from as she quickly went over to the staff with the other girls following behind her.

“Nerves, go away.” she thought as she closed her eyes while the staff fixed her in-ear and mic.

She took a last deep breath and peeked at the audience. The sight of a few light sticks from other fandoms made her sigh in relief.

-----------------------------------------

“She’s so professional!” Mark exclaimed and pointed at the TV as soon as they got into their waiting room.

“Who?” Taeil asked as he comfortably sat down on the sofa and watched the comeback stage.

“Seulgi! She seemed so nervous backstage but she’s a totally different person onstage!”

“I think she was more nervous about meeting Taeyong than the actual stage,” Yuta chuckled and pointed at the unbothered Taeyong beside him.

“Booming system u-up!” Donghyuck started and motioned for the others to continue with him, “TY Track! TY Track!”

“Why are you so damn annoying?” Taeyong sighed and threw a pillow at Donghyuck.

“After five years I still don’t understand why you two even hate each other,” Youngho stated and Yoonoh agreed.

“Seulgi gets along with all of us… Except Taeyong. And Taeyong, you get along with the other girls. Why can’t you and Seulgi just get along?” he asked.

“Let me tell you why I can’t stand her,” Taeyong said and got up and began listing things about her that he hated.

“Her face annoys me, her breath stinks, she’s trying too hard to impress everyone, she whines too much, she’s moody as hell, she’s bossy, sh-”

“I think you can stop now,” Sicheng said as he really didn’t want to hear any more insults coming out from Taeyong’s mouth.

Mark sighed as he looked at the annoyed leader. “After today it’s going to be a long ride.”

----------------------------------------

Seulgi walked up on stage and stood at the very back behind everyone. She peeked above the artists in front of her and got a glimpse of the familiar pink hair. She then turned to look at the clock that was displayed in front of her. Just one more hour and then she would have to go on a fake date with him. She felt her whole body shaking and began to play with her hair to ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter