The Birds Pt. 2

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Let me fall out of love befor eyou love her. Before you love her.'

~

 

“This is it?” Kihyun asked excitedly when they arrived in the city of the eastern province. “Yes, it is.” Leeteuk answered. Kihyun pressed his face against the car window, taking a chance to explore the city with his eyes. However, a frown hung on his lips, “It looks like a regular city, but just smaller.” He said in disappointment. “That’s because it is.” Leeteuk answered.

Kihyun’s frown deepened. “Where are the fish markets and beaches? And small ramen shops I read about?” He asked, unable to hide the disappointment in his voice.

Youngjae couldn’t help but snicker at his brother’s child-like behavior. “You want to go there?” Leeteuk asked a bit surprised. “Yeh, I heard they make the best ramen here. But they’re found in the little ramen shops by the beaches. And I told Wonho that I’d try some for him.” Kihyun explained as if it were obvious.

“I don’t think Wonho wants to know what vegan ramen tastes like.” Youngjae teased. This time Jaebum couldn’t help from snickering in the passenger’s seat. Kihyun rolled his eyes, “Wonho likes all ramen.” He muttered, only to earn another laugh from the older two wolves.

“All of that is on the coast. So, it’s a ways away from here. But we’ll be here for three days, so I’m sure we can make time to go there.” Leeteuk smiled. “Really?” Kihyun perked up. Leeteuk nodded. A smile spread on the omega’s lips, “I can’t wait.”

Youngjae shook his head at his brother’s innocence not seeing his reason behind his excitement, but he silently prayed that the younger didn’t lose that innocent part of him. Unlike his brother, Youngjae was not excited to be in the eastern province. But he’d rather be there than n to leave his dad to go alone.

The Eastern Province was not a safe place for them to be. Despite having an ally in the east, the Midnight Shadow clan was the most powerful clan on the eastern side of the continent and most (if not, all) of the eastern packs followed them. However, the omega couldn’t help the underlying hope that he’d bump into a certain alpha. But he’d never admit it to himself.

It wasn’t until another few minutes when they arrived at their designated hotel. It was a tall fancy hotel owned by both Leeteuk and their allied pack leader of the east. “This place sure is heavily guarded.” Shownu noted as he, Yongguk, and Changkyun exited their car. “Eric is the leader of the pack we’re supposed to meet. He sent several of his alphas and betas to keep guard of the hotel while we’re here.” Leeteuk explained. The three alphas nodded in understanding.

“You boys can take out your luggage. I’m going to check into our rooms.” The head alpha instructed. “Yes sir.” Shownu bowed. “I’ll go with you.” Jaebum offered. Leeteuk nodded and with that the two alphas entered the large hotel first.

“I can get that for you.” Changkyun offered, seeing Kihyun take out his suitcase and backpack. “Oh…erm…I’m fine. I don’t want to make you do any more work than you have to.” Kihyun declined. “It’s fine. I want to help.” Changkyun smiled.

Kihyun froze at the sight of the younger’s warm smile. He completely forgot what they were talking about and what they were supposed to be doing. ‘Don’t just stand there staring at him like a creep.’ His conscience schooled him. ‘Say something.’

“I…I…erm...I…” Kihyun’s mind was blank.

Changkyun’s smile slowly faded into a look of concern. “Are…Are you okay?” He asked, reaching out for him.

At that moment Kihyun snapped out of it, realizing what was happening. “No!” He snapped, hugging his backpack tightly, earning everyone’s attention.

Changkyun quickly retreated his hand. “I’m sorry.” He quickly apologized. “I didn’t mean to upset you.”

Kihyun’s eyes widened at his words. ‘No, no, no.’ He thought to himself. ‘I didn’t mean to snap like that.’ He panicked. ‘The tell him that!’ His conscience screamed at him. However, when he looked back at the alpha the words wouldn’t come out.

Youngjae rolled his eyes, witnessing the entire exchange. He shook his head and marched up to them. “Here. Kihyun obviously needs help.” He pulled the omega’s back pack from his hold and placed it in Changkyun’s arms. He then took Kihyun’s suitcase and handed it to the alpha. “There.” He dusted his hands. “And you can hold this.” Youngjae dropped his own backpack into his brother’s arms. Youngjae gave them both a pressed smile before walking away. Kihyun hung his head in embarrassment and followed his brother.

Shownu chuckled as he watched Changkyun enter the hotel with slumped sholders. “This is going to be an interesting three days.” He remarked. Yongguk nodded in agreement. “I guess we should go and cheer him up a little.” Shownu grabbed the last of their luggage. Yongguk shut the trunks of the two cars and locked them before the two headed into the hotel last.

“Why is he here? I thought you said it was just going to be Jaebum, Shownu, and Bang.” Kihyun whispered to Youngjae. He kept his distance from the youngest alpha. There was no way he was going to be able to face him. “There was a change of plans.” Youngjae shrugged. “What?” “It was Shownu’s idea. He felt like it’d be better if we had one more person with us. And we both agreed that Changkyun would be the perfect person to bring along.” Youngjae simply explained.

Kihyun frowned at this. His shoulders dropped a little. “I’m an idiot.” He muttered. “Yes, you are.” Youngjae heard anyway. “He probably thinks I hate him now.” Kihyun ignored the elder. “Yep.” Youngjae agreed.

Kihyun pouted, letting out a quiet whine. “If you’re going to just push him away all the time, then you might as well find another alpha to be interested in.” Youngjae remarked. “Another alpha?” Kihyun questioned. “You don’t actually think you can keep pushing him away forever, do you? I mean, he’ll get the hint and stop bothering you altogether.” Youngjae continued.

Kihyun’s eyes widened in realization. He hadn’t even thought about that. He was so caught up in his own fear and embarrassment that he never considered the long-term consequences of his actions. “I mean, if you don’t mind finding another alpha, then there isn’t a problem.” Youngjae shrugged. “Another alpha?” Kihyun repeated. The thought was foreign to him and it made him sick to his stomach, but before he could say or think anything else, his father and Jaebum rejoined them.

 

The six of them entered the elevator and followed Leeteuk to the to floor, where their suites were. “You guys are free to relax and do as you please. If you do go out, please be careful and don’t go anywhere too far from the hotel.” Leeteuk explained. “Here are your room keys.” He handed Jaebum the two keys to the room that the four alphas would be sharing. “I have a business meeting with Eric in an hour. I’m going to leave in a few minutes, so if you need anything please text me. Call me if there’s an emergency.”

“Yeh.” The four alphas bowed their heads. At the chief’s dismissal, the group split off into two and went into their designated rooms.

 

“Appa, are we not going with you?” Kihyun asked when they entered their suite. “Not to the meeting.” Leeteuk confirmed, already slipping into the bathroom. Kihyun pouted at this, “I thought we were supposed to meet him.”

“You will. Eric invited the three of us to join him and his mate for dinner at one of his restaurants tonight. Then tomorrow he’s going to take us to his pack’s village. You’ll get to meet some of the village members there as well.” Leeteuk assured from the bathroom.

Kihyun nodded. He didn’t like the idea of his father going out into the Eastern city alone. However, there was another thought that plagued his mind even more. The omega dropped his belongings and flopped onto the nearest bed, allowing a quiet groan to escape his lips. Youngjae shook his head and sat down on the bed on the other side of the room.

 

“Whoa. This room is huge.” Changkyun said in awe, shutting the bedroom door behind them. Shownu nodded in agreement. The suite was large with four full-sized beds in each corner, that still allowed for plenty of movement. There was a flat screen TV on either side of the room between the beds, a sofa and two arm chairs were situated by the window, surrounding a cream-colored wooden coffee table, and a mini fridge and microwave sat by the door.

The room was decorated by alternating colors of cream and matte brown. “Are hotel rooms even allowed to be this big?” Changkyun muttered.

Jaebum immediately claimed the bed closest to the window. Changkyun chose the one directly across from his cousin. It didn’t take long for them to get settled and relaxed. As soon as they finished washing up and changing a knock sounded on the door.

“Hey Ki. Hey Jae.” Shownu was the one to answer it. “Hey, we were thinking about checking out the city. Did you guys want to come?” Kihyun asked, scanning the room past Shownu. He and Changkyun made eye contact, but Changkyun broke it as quickly as they made it. Kihyun bit his bottom lip to prevent the hurt from showing on his face. ‘I’m an idiot’. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter