Real Life

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I know you don't really understand it. I'm not allowed to regret my choice. I heard that love is a risk worth taking. I learned to know never been that boy.'

~

 

“What happened to you guys?” Kihyun gasped when Jaebum, Jinyoung, Wonho, and Hyungwon returned to the village. The four of them looked completely beaten up. But none of their physical conditions compared to the amount of defeat that showed on their faces.

Changkyun was relieved when they returned. They’d been gone for hours and he grew worried. However, his relief was only temporary when he saw that Youngjae wasn’t with them.

Pack members slowly began to surround them at the sight of the four beaten members. Their parents ran up to them, asking them several questions. Ms. Chae noticed the crowd forming and quickly joined in. “what’s going on?” she asked when she reached the middle. She gasped at the sight of the four young men. “I don’t know.” Kihyun pouted in confusion. He looked around the group. “Where’s Youngjae?” He asked.

Jinyoung closed his eyes, fighting back his tears.

Kihyun did not like this. He suddenly felt sick to his stomach.

At that moment, Changkyun’s phone vibrated. He was confused. It was a text from an unknown number. But his eyes widened when he read the first few words. “It’s Youngjae!” He announced, garnering everyone’s attention.

Jaebum, Jinyoung, Wonho, and Hyungwon were surprised. “What does it say?” Kihyun urged. Changkyun read the message out loud. “Hey Kyun, it’s Youngjae. I’m okay. I’m safe. Tell everyone I’m sorry for worrying them, but don’t look for me. Please give Kihyun the letter now.”

“Letter? What letter?” Kihyun questioned. “Changkyun pulled out the envelope from his pocket. Kihyun quickly took the envelope from him and opened it:

 

‘Dear Kihyun,

I love you so much. I’m sorry that I never showed you how much I love and appreciate you. And I’m even more sorry that I have to do this to you. I was never the good older brother that you deserved. I wasn’t even there to comfort you after Appa’s death. There are so many things I wish I could’ve done for you that I never did. There are things I wish I could’ve told you that I never said. But I want you to know that I love you so much and I am very proud of you. Because I never did the things a good brother should do, the only thing I can do is protect you.

Everything I do from now on is to protect you and the pack. With that said, don’t come for me. Don’t look for me. It sounds harsh, but it’s for your safety. I know you don’t want to hear that. But trust me. I will come back for you. I promise.

Now…please read the rest of the note to the pack.’

 

Kihyun’s eyes stung at his brother’s words. He had no idea what was going on, but he knew his brother was being hard on himself and that he was full of regret.

Kihyun looked at the rest of the pack members who were watching him closely. “Everyone. This is what Youngjae says.”

He looked down at the note with trembling hands. He took a shaky breath before reading out loud.

“To my wonderful pack whom I love so much. I’m sorry I couldn’t be a great leader the past week, like my father. And I hate that’ve put you through more grief. But I love this pack more than anything. I want to thank my friends who I’ve put through so much. I don’t deserve them. For now, I am going to be out protecting the pack from any more threats and heartache. However, as the chief of the pack, I have one final set of instructions for you all.”

Everyone listened to him closely.

“From this hour forward, I declare my brother, Yoo Kihyun, as the new chief of Silver Moon.”

Kihyun’s eyes widened, but he continued anyway.

“However, this is a sudden and hard transition for him, especially after all the events that have transpired. So, I would like to put Ms. Chae in charge of the pack for the next 3 months and for her to serve as an advisor for Kihyun until he has fully transitioned. Instead of me just owning my father’s business, I would like to joint share it with my brother until he is ready to completely take over. With that said, I put Jaebum in charge of my duties until I return. I ask that Jaebum handle all business decisions and communications with our partnered companies alongside Kihyun. I also put Jinyoung in charge of Jaebum’s previous duties, by giving Jinyoung, Jaebum’s old position.”

“Thank you for everything you’ve all done. My final instruction is that everyone work together and protect each other no matter what. Do not engage with the Midnight Shadow clan. This feud is over. No more revenge, or deaths. I have taken care of it all. So, no I ask that you live free from grief and vengeful thoughts, but still be careful. Love your former leader, Yoo Youngjae.” Kihyun finally finished.

Everyone was left speechless, including Kihyun. Jaebum and Jinyoung looked at each other. They were both thinking the same thing. Did the omega know that he was going to disappear?

 

 

The group of 6 didn’t arrive to the eastern pack village until exactly at sunset. Everyone was stood outside their cabins, awaiting their arrival. Himchan had texted his parents informing them that they were on their way back home. In turn, the two women spread the news to everyone else.

Youngjae felt the eyes that were on him. No one knew who he was, but they all shared the same reaction when they passed them. They were shocked to see Daehyun’s unexpected mate.

Daehyun’s hand was still wrapped tightly around the younger’s wrist, despite that the omega stopped resisting hours ago.

The group splintered off to join their families, expect for Daehyun and Youngjae, who approached the center of the village, where Yunho and Jaejoong were stood.

Jaejoong’s arms were folded as he studied the familiar omega. Youngjae returned the stare. Glaring him straight in the eyes. Jaejoong frowned.

The entire pack watched them intently.

Yunho studied the two wolves in front of him. “Daehyun, what is this? I thought you went to Silver Moon.” He finally questioned. “We did.” Daehyun answered. Yunho narrowed his eyes at him. “And?”

“Himchan.” Daehyun called for his cousin. “Please take him to my cabin.” Daehyun instructed, releasing Youngjae’s wrist. Himchan nodded and led the omega to the alpha’s cabin. He and Jongup stood posted by the door once the omega was inside.

Jaejoong looked at his son suspiciously. “He’s from Silver Moon.” Daehyun finally answered, receiving a wave of gasps. “He’s the pack’s new chief, and my mate.”

It was silent.

He was prepared for his mother to yell at him, scream at him, to go off on him. However, he did not expect the slap in the face he received from his father. “Yunho.” Jaejoong gasped.

Daehyun met his father’s angry eyes. “What have you done?” Yunho growled. “I didn’t do anything.” Daehyun held his father’s glare, despite the burning sensation he felt on his entire left cheek. “You’ve put this entire clan in danger!” Yunho barked at him. “He’s not going to hurt anyone.” Daehyun defended.

“You don’t know that! He killed your sister! He’s the new chief of Silver Moon. They’ll come for him. He can do anything!” Yunho growled.

Daehyun didn’t respond. He hadn’t thought that far.

Yunho narrowed his eyes at him. “Kill him.”

Daehyun’s eyes widened. “I can’t do that. What about me?”

“You’ll find a new mate.” His father told him.

Daehyun was speechless for a moment but stood his ground. “No. I won’t.”

 

As soon as he entered the cabin, Youngjae broke down into tears, falling on his knees. He couldn’t think. He couldn’t feel. He couldn’t breathe.

‘I told you.’

She was back.

‘I told you.’

Her voice was right in his ear. ‘Why are you so destructive?’

Youngjae lifted his head. He was horrified by the sight in front of him. She was there, in her wolf form, circling around him.

‘I told you, it’s going to ruin you one day.’

“Leave me alone!” he shouted.

But the white wolf was still there. Circling him. ‘Look what you’ve done.’ She whispered. “Shut up!” He yelled at her. ‘I told you to stay in your room.’

“Shut up! Leave me alone!”

Youngjae stood up and grabbed the closest thing he could find and threw it at her.

‘Youngjae.’

When she didn’t disappear, he continued to throw anything and everything, not caring what he broke.

‘Youngjae.’

“No!” He cried. He continued to throw objects at the omega.

‘The blood moon is coming.’

“No. No.” He covered his eyes.

‘You know what you need to do.’

“No!!” Youngjae screamed.

It was silent.

He slowly opened his eyes. She was gone. The only thing that laid in front of him was shattered glass and broken objects.

His shoulders dropped. He sat down in the nearest wooden chair. He was exhausted.

 

“If you won’t, then I will.” Yunho stepped toward his son’s cabin, but Daehyun stepped in front of him. “I won’t let you.” Daehyun stopped him firmly.

Yunho narrowed his eyes at him. “If you don’t move right now, I’ll take it as you betraying the pack.” He threatened.

Jaejoong, Himchan, Jongup, Bambam, Yugyeom, and Haeryung’s eyes all widened. They all knew what that meant. There was a punishment that followed if one betrayed the pack, especially for a member of the head family.

The entire pack watched nervously. Daehyun took a deep breath and stood his ground.

Yunho took his silence as his answer. “So be it.” Yunho stepped back.

“Yunho no.” Jaejoong panicked, when his mate pulled of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter