Love Me Harder

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Tell me something, I need to know. Then take my breath and never let it go. If you just let me invade your space. I'll take the pleasure, take it with the pain.'

~

 

“What about this?” Daehyun said picking up a remote-control toy car. “We’re shopping for a baby, not a 5-year-old.” Youngjae reminded, pushing the shopping cart. But the elder didn’t respond. Youngjae stopped when he realized the alpha wasn’t following him. He turned around to find the alpha playing with the toy car. “I’m starting to think we’re shopping for you.” He remarked.

“Sorry.” Daehyun picked up the car, put it back on the shelf, and quickly caught up to his mate. He stopped when a cute stuffed animal caught his eye. “We should get this too!” He grabbed the stuffed bunny and put it inside the cart with the five other stuffed animals.

Youngjae stared at the cart in front of him. It was filled with toys a couple of clothes. “I don’t think we’re doing this right.” He finally said. “Of course, we are. We got clothes, toys, and a crib. We just need to pick up a pack of diapers.” Daehyun said confidently. Youngjae sighed, coming to the conclusion that neither of them had a clue as to what they were doing.

It had been two days since they got the news. Daehyun insisted they started shopping immediately. Youngjae felt it was too early but went along with it anyone. No one else knew about it, except for Himchan. Youngjae still wasn’t comfortable about it all, and he especially wasn’t comfortable revealing the news to a pack that was still completely new to him. Daehyun respected his wishes an didn’t say a word to anyone, despite wanting to tell the entire pack. Though they both knew people were probably already suspicious (due to Youngjae’s change in scent).

“You go in line. I’ll get the diapers.” Daehyun offered.

Youngjae nodded and the two split up. Youngjae stared at the items in his cart as he waited in the checkout line. It was all still surreal to him. And one of the last things he expected. Everything was unexpected. To Youngjae’s surprise Daehyun was ecstatic by it all. He didn’t understand. They hadn’t even known each other for a year and had only been mates for a few weeks, not to mention they didn’t take their relationship seriously until a few days ago. Youngjae was scared. He was pushed deeper into lost and confusion. He was in a place where he felt like he didn’t know anything anymore and nothing made sense. But there was one small light to it all. Daehyun is right there by his side every step of the way, and it made him feel a bit more at ease.

“What’s a pretty omega like you doing, shopping alone?” An alpha walked up to him, interrupting his thoughts.

Youngjae held back the urge to roll his eyes. He hated that question. But he decided to play along anyway. “Same reason as to why alphas keep using the same line. Because I have nothing better to do.”

The alpha chuckled at this. “Well, maybe we should do something about that?” He leaned against the shopping cart. “I’m listening.” Youngjae leaned forward.

“How about you teach me some new lines and I can show you a good time?” The stranger offered.

“And what’s your idea of a good time?” Youngjae questioned.

The stranger walked closer to the omega. “Well, if you let me…” He reached out to touch the omega’s hand when he was suddenly yanked backwards by his collar. “Lay a single finger on him and I will tear you hand off.” Daehyun growled in his ear.

The alpha’s eyes widened in realization.

Youngjae grinned widely at this. He watched the alpha pull away from Daehyun, he sent him a quick glare before reluctantly walking away. They couldn’t afford to fight in a public area surround by humans, so he was forced to back off.

“What are you grinning about?” Daehyun grumbled, dropping the items into the cart. “I like seeing this side of you.” Youngjae smile shamelessly. Daehyun scoffed at this. “Seriously?”

“It makes you more attractive.” Youngjae nodded.

Daehyun smiled a little at the compliment. “It’s unfortunate that you two didn’t fight.” Youngjae pouted. Daehyun chuckled, shaking his head, but he wasn’t the least surprised by the omega’s strange desires. “I guess you’ll have to learn the other sides of me then.” He winked, poking the younger’s nose. Youngjae didn’t respond and looked down at their cart at the new items.

The basket was now filled with a bunch of desserts and treats. He furrowed his brows. “What is this?”

“Well…we haven’t told anyone, nor didn’t we get the chance to celebrate, so I figured we celebrate when we get home.” Daehyun smiled excitedly. Youngjae felt his cheeks burn in embarrassment, but he didn’t say another word. Daehyun smiled at this. It was going to take the omega a while to get used to things, but he didn’t mind. The younger was cute when he was embarrassed.

 

 

After paying for their items, they headed back to the village. They quickly brought their groceries into the cabin, being careful to make sure that no one saw any of the baby articles they bought.

Daehyun enthusiastically opened the new infant items while Youngjae put away the food for later. “Should we start building the crib now?” Daehyun asked when the omega joined him in the living room. He was already opening the box. However, before Youngjae could answer the front door flew open. The two of them froze when Jaejoong entered the room.

“U-Umma?” Daehyun tried to quickly cover their purchases. Jaejoong folded his arms. “How could you not tell me that you were expecting a child?” He questioned, clearly not happy about the news being kept from him.

Daehyun’s eyes widened. “How did you know?”

“It doesn’t matter how I know. You didn’t tell me that you were expecting.” Jaejoong frowned in disappointment.

“I-,”

“Did you even prepare for the child’s birth?” he cut his son off.

“Huh?”

“Are you having a home birth or are you going to a hospital?” Jaejoong continued his questioning.

“Um…what?” Daehyun asked now confused.

Jaejoong scanned the items on the floor. “Did you only buy toys?”

“We bought some clothes and a pack of diapers.” Daehyun answered.

“Only one pack of clothes? Do you even know the baby’s gender?”

“Isn’t it ear-,” “Do you have a baby shower planned? And what are you going to do about this place? It’s too small for a child. You need to build an extra room. And this is all the clothes you bought? Did you even buy bottles and baby formula? Did you only buy a crib without a cushion and sheets? Where is the baby supposed to sleep? Did you buy swaddling blankets? Did you even get receiving blankets?”

“You need to get measurements for a new room. And you need to get more material so you can extend the cabin.” Jaejoong bombarded them with questions and instructions. Neither of them knew how to respond. “Daehyun, did you sign up for classes, so you know what to do whenever Youngjae goes in labor? Do you even know when the child is going to be born?”

The beta sighed when he noticed the lost looks on the younger wolves’ faces. He shook his head. “Yunho!” He called walking out the room. “We’re going to the store!” he walked out the cabin, shutting the door behind him.

Daehyun and Youngjae sat there dumbstruck. They confidently concluded that they had no idea what the were doing. “Well…there’s one good thing.” Daehyun turned to Youngjae. Youngjae looked at him. “My mom likes you!” He beamed.

Youngjae looked at him in confusion. “He said your name, instead of call you ‘that omega.’” Daehyun explained innocently. Youngjae rolled his eyes. His statement still stood. “I don’t care what your mom thinks of me.” He reminded. “I’ll be right back.” Daehyun only smiled and stood up. He cleaned up everything and put them away before heading to the kitchen.

Youngjae remained seated on the floor, his back pressed against the couch. He leaned his head back and took a deep breath. He took the time alone to take in the moment. Strangely, he felt somewhat at peace. Desp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter