Die For You

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I'm scared that I'll miss you. Happens every time. I don't want this feelin'. I can't afford love. I try to find reason to pull us apart. It ain't working 'cause you're perfect And I know that you're worth it. I can't walk away.'

~

 

Youngjae slowly opened his eyes to the sound of knocking on the front door. He groaned. He knew who it was. It was Jongup. He was here to get him for the morning training lessons.

He rolled onto his side only to be met with a sleeping Daehyun, inches away from him. His cheeks burned at their closeness. He still wasn’t used to the idea of sharing a bed with the alpha. He preferred to sleep alone. He tried to sleep on the couch, but every time he found himself waking up back on the elder’s bed.

It’s been over a week and a half, and Youngjae still wasn’t used to everything. He still refused to accept the Midnight Shadow pack as his own, however, Jongup and the kids they trained were beginning to grow on him. He did find interacting with Haeryung entertaining. She still didn’t like him for taking her boyfriend. On the other hand, the rest of the pack grew accustomed to his presence, and soon began to treat him as their own, especially since the kids all liked him (something he didn’t understand).

Youngjae shifted again at the sound of persistent knocking. He was about to get up when Daehyun stopped him, draping his arm over his torso. “Don’t go.” He whispered; his eyes closed. “I have to go to training.” Youngjae removed the elder’s arm. Although he was still awkward around the children, he much rather be with them than in a bed with Daehyun. It was still all new and awkward for him.

“There’s no training today. And that’s not Jongup.” Daehyun finally opened his eyes. Youngjae looked at him in confusion. A large grin grew on Daehyun’s lips. “It’s Himchan. Today we’re going to the city to hangout.” He announced. However, Youngjae was not pleased by the announcement. “I don’t wouldn’t need clothes if you let me go home.” He muttered.

“It’ll be fun.” Daehyun sat up. He was excited to show the omega around his home city. He quickly climbed out of bed first. Youngjae sighed before reluctantly climbing out the bed as well.

 

They changed and prepared themselves for the eventful day ahead of them.

“Aren’t you going to eat breakfast?” Daehyun asked when he saw Youngjae put on his shoes. “No. I’m not hungry.” Youngjae simply answered. Daehyun raised an eyebrow, studying the younger, who avoided eye contact with him. For the past couple of days, the omega hasn’t been eating, except for a small snack here and there.

“Are you alright?” Daehyun finally asked. “You haven’t been eating, and you kept getting up last night.” “I’m fine.” Youngjae answered quicker than he planned. “I just have a stomachache.” He muttered.

“Oh? Do you want medicine?” Daehyun asked in concern. “I’m fine. It’s nothing serious.”

“Okay then.” Daehyun perked back up. “Let’s go.” He said walking up to the door. “Aren’t you…aren’t you going to eat?...Or whatever?” Youngjae asked, doing his best to sound like he didn’t care, but Daehyun smiled anyway. “I’ll eat later, when we get to the city.” He winked, opening the door.

 

Himchan was stood right in front of the cabin, his arms folded. Jongup, Bambam, Yugyeom, and Haeryung were behind him. “You’re late.” He frowned at the alpha. “Ah, have mercy Channie. Youngjae had a stomachache.” Daehyun winked at the omega behind him.

Himchan’s eyes slightly widened. “What?” Himchan looked to the said wolf.

Youngjae’s eyes slightly widened in panic. Though what Daehyun said was only a joke to get them out of a trouble, his words stirred slight tension between his cousin and mate. “He’s joking.” Youngjae quickly brushed passed the beta.

“Let’s go!” Bambam called. He and Yugyeom had already began running ahead of them as soon as Youngjae and Daehyun stepped out. “We haven’t been in the city in forever. I want to go to the arcade.” Bambam rushed them. “You want to lose that badly?” Yugyeom teased with a smirk. “yeah. Just wait. I’ll wipe that cocky smirk off your face when I beat you at every single game.” Bambam boasted confidently. “Yeah right.” Yugyeom scoffed.

 

Yunho watched as the group of 7 walked out the village. He furrowed his brow when he saw his pack members greet them as they passed by. Some of them went out their way to specifically shake hands with Youngjae. This put a large grin on Daehyun’s face. ‘What’s going on?” Yunho asked when his sister-in-law passed by.

“Hm?” She stopped in her tracks and followed the younger alpha’s gaze. “Ah, you still don’t know?” She looked back at the chief.

Yunho looked at her in confusion. “Know what?”

“The pack decided to accept the Youngjae kid.” She answered.

“What?”

The elder alpha nodded. “You missed it. The entire pack came together to accept him and end all the fighting. It was Himchan’s and…his friend’s idea. I wasn’t fond of It, but I was also tired of losing family members. So, I gave in as well. And so far, everything has been good. The kids are all interested in him, and everyone is getting along with him fine. He’s a little reserved, but there hasn’t been any threats or conflicts.” She explained.

Yunho could hardly believe what the elder was telling him. “And Daehyun seems really happy.” She pointed out. Yunho frowned at her. “Says the one who won’t let her son be with his mate.” He retorted. “Yah…I’m considering changing my mind.” She muttered before walking off. Yunho raised an eyebrow at her unexpected words.

 

 

The group of 7 arrived at the city a couple hours later. They hit all of the tourist attractions before going to their favorite spots. Though they were missing a couple of their friends, Daehyun, Bambam, Yugyeom, Himchan, Jongup, and Haeryung enjoyed themselves, just as they had before all the drama.

Youngjae wasn’t interested in any of their activities, but he allowed himself to be dragged along. Daehyun was happy that Youngjae was there with him. Though the omega wasn’t engaged, he was glad that he didn’t attempt to run away. And he was even happier that his friends interacted with the Silver moon wolf, treating him like one of their own. It really meant a lot to him. More than he could ever express.

“Where should we go for lunch?” Jongup asked as they walked through the city. Bambam and Yugyeom grinned at each other. “Let’s take Youngjae to the most important place in the entire eastern province.” Bambam spoke up. “Oh brother.” Haeryung muttered already not liking the sound of his words. “What’s that?” Jongup asked in confusion. “The arcade the younger alpha grinned cheekily.

“We’re looking for a place to eat.” Himchan reminded. “Arcades have food Himchan.” Daehyun said, as if it were obvious. The elder only scoffed. “Yeah. They sell pizza and other stuff. We can have pizza and play games.” Yugyeom said. “Oh, that sounds like fun.” Jongup bought into the idea. Himchan released a sigh, seeing that he and Haeryung were out voted. “Let’s go!” Bambam exclaimed, leading the way.

Youngjae let out a subconscious whine that only Daehyun heard. He wasn’t cited about going to the arcade either. Daehyun raised an eyebrow. “What is it? Are you scared you’re gonna lose again?” He questioned.

Youngjae scoffed at the elder’s sudden cockiness. “I’m not scared of anything. Especially not of losing to you.” He told him. “Is that a challenge?” Daehyun asked curiously. “Take it as you will. But I’m not scared.” Youngjae huffed. He wasn’t interested in playing any arcade games. But he wasn’t going to turn down a challenge. Especially if that meant he could get his rematch and beat the alpha in all the games.

Daehyun laughed at the serious omega, draping his arm over the younger’s small shoulders. “Good.” He leaned in close to his ear. “I might love you, but I’m not going to go easy on you.” He whispered.

Youngjae’s entire face burned red at his words, all the way up to his ears. “Don’t say things like that.” He muttered, doing his best to ignore the uncomfortable feeling that tickled his insides. “Say what?’ Daehyun questioned, feigning innocence.

“What you just said.” Youngjae mumbled.

“What? That I’m not going to go easy on you?”

“No~.” Youngjae frowned.

“Oh~ You mean when I said I might-,” “Yah! Yah. Yah! Stop.” Youngjae cut him off, gaining the other group member’s attention. “What?” Daehyun smiled teasingly.

Youngjae bit his cheek, annoyed and embarrassed by the elder. “You’re…annoying.” He muttered before walking ahead of him. Daehyun chuckled at how cute a flustered Youngjae was.

 

They arrived at the arcade 15 minutes later. Bambam, Yugyeom, and Daehyun immediately ran to their favorite games, followed by Youngjae, while Jongup, Himchan, and Haeryung found themselves a table and ordered pizza for the group.

Youngjae followed the three friends around as they competed at every game. He didn’t dare get involved in their games. The last thing he wanted was to humiliate himself a second time and in front of more people than before. However, he did find the intense friendly competition a little amusing. He even found himself on his toes whenever the games got close.

“Haha! I told you, you guys couldn’t beat me.” Bambam cheered proudly after winning his third game in a row. Youngjae frowned in disappointment. “How did you win again?” Daehyun questioned in disbelief. “He practically lives here.” Yugyeom scoffed. “that’s the only reason why he won. But he totally at video games.”

“Yah! Take that back!” Bambam demanded.

“I can’t take back what’s true.” Yugyeom shrugged.

Bambam scoffed at his response. “You’re just made that you have no skill at real games.” He taunted. “But I can beat you in any and every game. Including video games.

Daehyun shook his head as his two younger friends started bickering over a pointless topic. He paused when he noticed the frowning Youngjae. “What’s wrong?” He asked out of genuine concern. He could tell that he was frustrated. “How could you lose again?” Youngjae’s frown deepened.

“Wh-What?” Daehyun blinked, not expecting that response.

“He’s not even that good.” Youngjae muttered.

It took the alpha a moment to process what he was saying, but a smile soon grew on his lips. “I’ll win from now on.” He promised, ruffling the younger’s hair.

Youngjae was thrown off by the elder’s sudden jolt of enthusiasm. “I-t’s not that big of a deal.” He muttered, fixing his hair. “…but good.” He added quietly.

 

Just as he promised, Daehyun won the remainder of their games until they were called to their table for pizza. Youngjae was actually proud of his mate’s victories, but he did his best to suppress his victorious feelings, not wanting the alpha to know. Who knows what other crazy things the elder would say?

“I’m starving!” Bambam announced as they sat down at the table. He and Yugyeom immediately dug into their meal. Himchan shook his head at the youngest members’ messy eating but didn’t comment on it. Instead he accepted the slices Jongup grabbed for him.

Daehyun waited for Youngjae to eat before getting his own slices. However, the omega didn’t reach for any slices. Instead, he continued to sip on his water. “You’re not going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter