Acquainted

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'To say we're in love is dangerous, but I'm so glad we're acquainted.'

~

 

Yugyeom folded his arms, unimpressed when he found the alpha he was looking for. “Typical.” He scoffed slightly, stepping further into the arcade. “For someone who acts like he doesn’t want to be found, you sure pick an obvious place to hide at.” He said, walking up to his friend. The arcade was the elder alpha’s favorite place to go, especially when he’s upset or needs to blow off steam.

“The point was for no one to look for me,” Bambam mumbled, his focus never wavering from the game he was playing. Yugyeom sighed, Jackson died over a week ago and the elder was still angry, maybe even angrier than before. But he couldn’t blame him. Who wouldn’t be furious?

“You should come back. People are asking for you. And I’m sure your parents are worried about you going out all day and returning late at night.” Yugyeom tried to reason with him, but the elder didn’t respond. “Jongup has asked us to help him train the kids to fight and hunt in place of Jackson. I’ve been helping, but they need you too. Think about his sister.”

Bambam paused as the game ended. He reached for his pocket and inserted two coins into the slot. The game started back up again. He picked up the game gun and aimed it at the screen. “I can’t go back until I kill him.” He finally spoke. Yugyeom raised an eyebrow. “Shownu.” Bambam spoke, “That’s his name. He’s the one who killed Jackson.”

Yugyeom listened closely.

“I don’t spend all day playing games. I look for him.” Bambam killed the zombies on the screen with ease. “You’re wasting your time. You’re not gonna find him anywhere near here.” Yugyeom told him. “Then I’ll go to the North.” Bambam countered. “No.” Yugyeom shut down.

“Shownu is strong, and you know it. You can’t go alone.” Yugyeom told him. “And you definitely won’t be able to face him if you’re not rested and keep returning home late.”

Bambam continued to kill the zombies on the screen, killing them all with one shot to the head. “We’ll get him together.” Yugyeom finally said.

Bambam slowly lowered his gun, listening to the younger’s words. “But we have to be smart. We have to have a plan. We have to wait for the right time.” Yugyeom continued. Bambam looked at him, making strong eye-contact, “We’ll kill him together. He won’t see it coming.”

 

 

 

Jaebum wiped the blood from his lips with his sleeve, pulling his shirt over his head. His upper body was glistening with sweat after a long morning of hunting with some of the other alphas and betas. Some of the betas and omegas giggled as they passed him, enjoying the display of his carefully sculptured body. A quiet scoff unconsciously escaped Changkyun’s lips, but Jaebum heard it anyway. “Is there a problem?” He slightly teased.

“No, but don’t you think it’s unnecessary to take off your shirt in the middle of the village?” Changkyun tried to play off. “No? It’s hot. Everyone does it…unless…you’re jealous.” Jaebum inquired. “What?” His younger cousin was caught off guard. “N-No. Of course not.” He quickly shut down the idea. “Good. Because Kihyun isn’t out here anyway.” Jaebum let out a playful smirk.

“You’re in a good mood.” The younger alpha pointed out, ignoring his cousin’s last comment. Jaebum let out a content sigh, “I guess you can say I’m happy to be back.” “That’s a surprise, usually you always like to work.” Changkyun noted. Jaebum only shrugged. He knew that his little spirt of happiness was only temporary. In reality, he wasn’t happy. He wasn’t ever happy. That’s why he enjoyed working all the time. It served as a temporary distraction and gave him a false meaning.

The truth is he’s lost. He didn’t know or understand his purpose. No one knows this except for Youngjae and Jinyoung. No one else could know this, especially as the future head alpha of the pack. No one could know about his doubts and insecurities. He had to prove himself trustworthy and strong. He had to prove himself a great leader, a better alpha amongst the rest.

He patted the younger’s shoulder, “I’m going to my cabin.” With that he left Changkyun on his own. He greeted his fellow villagers with a smile until he was finally in the confinement of his cabin. He tossed his sweaty shirt to the side and fell back onto his bed. He knew that Jinyoung would scold him for tossing his clothes to the ground and for laying on his bed without cleaning himself first, but he’d wash everything later in the day, since he didn’t have anything to do. Leeteuk had insisted that he rest for a few days before returning to work with the pack leader. So, he was left with nothing to do but fight his thoughts.

“I’ll rest for a little bit, then I’ll work out.” He concluded. However, as soon as he closed his eyes, there was a gentle knock on his door. He slowly sat back up and walked to the front door. “Kihyun?” He questioned a bit surprised to see the smaller male standing outside his hut.

Kihyun’s eyes grew wide at the sight of the half- alpha, but he quickly shook his head, revealing the worried look on his face. Jaebum immediately noticed this. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s Youngjae. I was wondering if you’d seen him? I hadn’t seen him since last night. My dad asked where he was, and I told him that he was probably with you or Jinyoung. I was hoping he was with you guys, at least.” Kihyun spilled.

Jaebum furrowed his brow. The omega hadn’t told him he was going out anywhere. And he was sure that Jinyoung would’ve told him if he knew that the younger was going out. “I’m worried for him.” Kihyun’s shoulder dropped. “He seemed like he was in a bad mood the last few days.”

Jaebum nodded in agreement. Youngjae was off. He was always off, but something was bothering him, despite the cynical smile he shared with everyone else. “He’s fine.” Jaebum assured the younger. “He probably went to the city.” He answered. However, his words didn’t comfort the omega. “That’s what I was afraid of.” His eyes down-casted.

It was dangerous for an omega to be out alone. But Jaebum knew Youngjae would be fine. He was unlike any other omega. He was unlike any other wolf. “I’ll go look for him.” But he still had his concerns. “If your dad asks, then tell him we went out to the city.” Jaebum instructed.

Kihyun nodded, “I’ll go with you.”

Jaebum was about to agree but paused. He wasn’t sure what condition Youngjae was in and since he was sure that the elder omega wouldn’t want his brother to see him upset. “No. I’ll go alone.” He turned down the idea. “What? Why? I-,” “I think Changkyun needs your help.” Jaebum cut him off. “Wh-What?” Kihyun blinked thrown off guard. “He said he needed help picking berries or something. Something about not knowing the difference between the poisonous ones and harmless ones.” Jaebum lied.

Kihyun’s eyes slightly widened, “Where did he go?” “He might be still preparing to leave. He might be at his parents’ hut.” Jaebum answered. “Oh. I hope I’m not too late. Thank you.” Kihyun bowed his head before quickly rushing off with much urgency.

Jaebum shut the door and quickly changed his clothes. He didn’t know where the omega could be, but he’d find him sooner or later.

 

 

“Wow! I’m surprised that you wanted to meet again so soon.” Daehyun expressed. He and Youngjae had met in front of the coffee shop where they last seen each other a few days ago. “Maybe I’m more motivated to take that fun away from you.” Youngjae crooked his neck to the side. However, Daehyun responded with a bright smile, “Well, I have an idea of what we can do today. It’s a little different than what we’ve done before.” He confessed.

Youngjae raised an eyebrow. “What is it?”

“I can’t tell you yet. You’ll see when we get there. I already looked it up before I got here.” Daehyun said excitedly. Youngjae folded his arms, “Fine.” He gave in. “Show me.”

Daehyun gladly led the way, taking the omega to a part of the city that he didn’t recognize. Youngjae raised an eyebrow when they stopped in front of a large colorful building. “An arcade?” He questioned in confusion. “Yeah. My friends and I always go to the arcade to hangout.” Daehyun beamed. “This one is way bigger than the one back at home, so I wanted to come here with you.”

Youngjae looked at him unimpressed, “Isn’t this for children?” He questioned. Daehyun scoffed, caught off guard by the statement. “No.” was his short answer before going in. Youngjae followed him inside. He was surprised by the sight.

The inside was dark. The only light came from the games and decorations that came to life in the day. Those lucky enough to have worn white, glowed against the darkness as they ran around through the large two-story building, grabbing any chance to play their favorite games. Older kids spent their time competing at the small bowling lane with their friends. Adults sat at the tables claiming their spots to eat their meals and rest, while watching their kids laugh and play against the dancing lights of the games. It was only something that Youngjae had seen on commercials or even imagined as a kid. “Tch…this is a kids’ place.” He muttered. Daehyun ignored his remark, pretending not to hear him as he went up to the counter and bought them two game cards.

“What game do you want to play first?” Daehyun beamed, turning around to face the omega. “I don’t know.” Youngjae shrugged indifferently. “Come on~, there has to be a game. What’s your favorite game.” Daehyun urged.

Youngjae folded his arms. “I’m not a kid.” He wasn’t going to tell him that he’d never been to an arcade before. “Fine. Let’s start with the basketball game. That’s one of the best ones here.” Daehyun said, leading the way. Youngjae followed him curiously, not convinced that the childish experience was going to be fun at all.

“Do you know how to play this game?” Daehyun asked as they approached a line of four basketball nets. Youngjae shook his head. “Watch.” Daehyun instructed, gladly swiping his card. “The goal is to make as many baskets as possible within the allotted time.” Daehyun explained, picking up his firs basketball. “That’s it?” Youngjae remarked even more unimpressed than before.

He watched the alpha shoot as quickly as possible with the five basket balls he’d been supplied with. Youngjae couldn’t help the crooked smile that crept on his lips when Daehyun only mad 14 baskets in the two minutes he’d been given. “I’m a little rusty. It’s been a while.” Daehyun rubbed the back of his neck, clearly embarrassed.

“Whatever.” Youngjae didn’t believe him. “The game is too simple. You just .” He walked up to the basketball net next to Daehyun’s wanting to try it out for himself. “It really isn’t that easy.” Daehyun warned. Youngjae ignored him and swiped his card, similar to how he saw Daehyun do it. He picked up the basket ball with much confidence, ready to start the game. Daehyun watched him closely.

The two minutes seemed much faster and way more frustrating than Youngjae had expected. In the end, he ended up making only 12 baskets. He growled in irritating at making two less baskets than Daehyun. “I thought you said it was simple.” Daehyun teased. “I was just warming up.” Youngjae swiped his card and picked up the basketball with much determination. Daehyun chuckled and turned to his own game.

They played four rounds with Daehyun being victorious in every round until the final round, when the score ended at 56 to 23. “This is stupid.” Youngjae frowned. How did you get so many points?” He felt like he’d been tricked. Daehyun shrugged, “I guess you could say our first tow rounds were like warm ups.” He smiled cheekily. “Let’s play another game.” Youngjae said, already walking away. He wasn’t going to admit defeat, especially to some stupid alpha.

He looked around the area until he spotted a familiar game of air hockey in the center of the room. He smirked to himself, now that was a game he knew, and one that he knew he was good at. He walked straight to the game without saying anything to Daehyun, leaving the elder to follow him.

“Air hockey?” Daehyun raised an eyebrow, standing on the other end of the table. “Do you know how to play?” he questioned doubtfully. Youngjae huffed, “Just swipe the card and you’ll see.” “Ayiyi captain.” Daehyun obeyed and swiped his card. Youngjae couldn’t contain the smirk that returned to his lips when the table lit up.

The game quickly started, both wolves high in their confidence. The two went back and forth in what seemed like an over excessive amount of time. A small line even began to form behind them. The game remained close with one person holding a one-point lead for only a few seconds. The match didn’t come to an end until several minutes later with a score of 13 to 15. Youngjae frowned, nearly throwing the puck back onto the table shamelessly expressing his frustration. Daehyun couldn’t help but laugh at the younger’s childish outburst. “Good game. Maybe you’ll beat me next time. Anyone of us could’ve won that one.” He tried to be encouraging, but a little bit of tease slipped through his tone. “Next game.” Youngjae demanded, determined to win their next game.

The two went around the arcade, playing as many games as they could. To Daehyun’s surprise the omega was good at the shooting games, he was positive that the younger had no experience in such games. However, despite being good at some games and a formidable opponent, Youngjae still lost to Daehyun at every game. He wasn’t mad, a little annoyed, yes. But not mad. Rather, he was determined and more fueled to beat Daehyun and wipe that victorious smile off his lips.

“Do you want to take a break and grab something to eat?” Daehyun asked after they played nearly half the games. He was beginning to grow hungry. “No, let’s play one more game before we eat.” Youngjae said looking around. “This one.” He said running to one of the racing games. Daehyun chuckled to himself, but he was impressed by the omega’s determination.

Youngjae immediately swiped his card as soon as he reached the game, ready to start. Daehyun sat in the seat next to him and swiped his own card. Youngjae chose the parts to his car carefully, despite not knowing anything about cars, nor has he played the game himself, but he reviewed the instructions and deemed it possible to beat the stupid alpha.

Daehyun revved his engine as the game began to count down. He stole a quick side glance to the omega seconds before the game started.

Daehyun started in second place, but easily maneuvered his way to first place. Youngjae found himself second to last place, but he was determined to take the number one spot, creeping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter