Earned It

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'On that lonely night, You said it wouldn't be love. But we felt the rush. It made us believe it there was only us. Convinced we were broken inside...'

~

 

Daehyun waited in the hospital. He tapped his foot anxiously against the white floor. He waited outside the emergency room for the doctor to come out and tell him that his friend was okay, and just needed to recover from his injuries. That he’d be fine. He waited for the doctor to scold them and tell them to be more careful.

The second hand on the clock echoed throughout the hollow halls, until he heard the silent squeak of the door. He looked up, meeting the smiling doctor’s eyes. “How is he?” Daehyun jumped to his feet. “Please. Sit down.” The doctor sat him back onto the bench.

Daehyun did not like this.

“You’ve had an exciting night, so it’s best for you to sit down and relax. Judging from your clothes, I can see that you’ve also had an aggravated encounter with someone.” The doctor explained, eyeing the younger’s blood-stained clothing. “I’m find. How is Minhyuk?” Daehyun could care less about his state.

The doctor sighed, “His injuries severe. The tissue on the upper right part of his body is completely torn and he’s lost a tremendous amount of blood.” The doctor explained. “Okay?” Daehyun wanted him to get to the point. “We couldn’t save him.” The doctor informed regretfully.

Daehyun’s heart shattered into pieces. He felt the blood leave his body. He couldn’t believe the doctor’s words. “No.” He whispered.

“I’m sorry.” The doctor’s shoulders dropped.

Daehyun gripped the bench, fighting to compose himself. Now isn’t the time to break down. He swallowed back his tears and looked at the doctor with trembling eyes. “What do I do now?”

The doctor knew that the young male’s question was more personal than what he meant, but he answered anyway. “Judging from the injuries, I can tell that it was an attack.” He began.

Daehyun paused at his words.

“And it is my job to report it.”

His eyes widened.

“But, as a werewolf and member of a pack myself, I won’t report it. Reporting it will only draw unwanted attention to the werewolf community. However, if you would like me to I will. After all what happened to him is a crime.” He explained.

Daehyun’s shoulders dropped in relief. “Thank you.”

The doctor only nodded. “I can’t give you any more details. I’ll have to speak with his family. Do you have any of their contact information?” The doctor asked, getting back to business.

The remaining pieces of Daehyun’s heart sunk deeper to the pit of his stomach. “His parents passed away when he was young. My family has been the one taking care of him.” He explained. Tears returned to his eyes. He was his only family, and he couldn’t protect him.

The doctor nodded in understanding.

“But my Umma and sister are on their way. I called them.” Daehyun forced his voice from trembling. The doctor nodded once more, “That’ll do.”

Daehyun blinked several times, fighting back his tears. “You look pretty beaten yourself, do you need-,” “No doctor.” Daehyun cut him off. He didn’t want to hear anything about himself, “I said I’m fine.

The shadow alpha sighed, “Is it okay if I give you my mom’s and sister’s names? I don’t think I can stay here any longer.”

The doctor nodded knowingly. “That’s fine. I’ll be here until they come.” He promised. Daehyun sighed, nodding.

 

 

Wonho and Changkyun carried Yongguk’s body into the village. They were followed by Hyungwon and Jinyoung, who carried an unconscious Zelo in their arms. Jaebum trailed behind the group, his arm wrapped around a crying Kihyun.

Aside from Kihyun’s crying, the group had been quiet the entire trip back to the village. Jaebum didn’t dare to ask a word when he caught up with them. Everyone was distraught. No one understood how it all ended up like this. Everything had been going well. Things seemed to finally be lightening up again. But they were blindsided. Their close friend was gone, one was unconscious, and another was missing. All in one night.

“I got Youngjae’s call.” Leeteuk and Ms. Chae ran up to them. Their hearts sunk at the sight in front of them, but they kept a strong and comforting composure for the younger pack members. “He called you?” Kihyun looked up. Leeteuk nodded. “He explained everything to me.

Jinyoung and Jaebum shared looks.

“What about Zelo will he be okay?” Kihyun asked through his tears. “He’s okay. He’ll wake up in another few hours or so. It’s normal for omegas to feel the shock of when something happens to their mate.” Hyungwon’s mother assured them. “And Yongguk?” Changkyun asked fearfully. Ms. Chae gave him a sad smile. “Take him to my cabin.”

No one liked her response, but the two alphas obeyed and headed to the healer’s cabin. “And I’ll take Zelo from here.” Ms. Chae walked up to Jinyoung. Jinyoung nodded and handed the omega to her. “Hyungwon, help me. I’m going to need your help with these two.” She told her son. The beta nodded and followed his mother to the cabin.

Leeteuk furrowed his brow, seeing that there was only 3 of them left. “Where’s Youngjae?”

“He’s not here? I thought he got here before us.” Kihyun questioned. Leeteuk shook his head. His expression finally fell, revealing all the worry and ear that quickly grasped hold of him. “He called all of us and told us to get Yongguk. When we got there, he was gone. I thought he already left to the village.” Kihyun felt himself panic. “Unless he-,”

“He’s okay.” Jaebum spoke up, earning everyone’s attention.

He forced a smile, “He’s at my apartment, since he saw everything, I don’t think he was able to bring himself all the way here.” He lied. He hated lying. But seeing his leader’s face when he saw them, broke his heart. He didn’t want to bring any more stress to his leader nor his leader’s son. The only one who knew he was lying, was Jinyoung. To his surprise, Jinyoung didn’t say anything, nor did he send him a disapproving glare. “Jinyoung and I are going to head back there so he’s not alone.”

Jinyoung was surprised by his statement but went along with it. “Yeh.”

Leeteuk sighed. He hated the idea of letting them back out after what just happened. But his son was out in the city alone. “Fine. Please head straight to your apartment and stick together. I don’t like letting you guys out there after all this.” Leeteuk frowned. Jaebum and Jinyoung bowed, “We’re sorry.” Jaebum apologized.

“There’s no need to apologize. This isn’t your fault.” Leeteuk assured them. “I rather go get him myself, but I have to be here for the pack and be there to help Ms. Chae with Yongguk and Junhong. Otherwise, I’d go myself. Nonetheless, the main reason I’m allowing you to go, is because I trust you.” Leeteuk looked the future head alpha in the eyes.

Jaebum felt the weight of his words. He couldn’t help but feel guilty. He nodded firmly anyway. “You two need to get going now, before it gets any later.” Leeteuk told them. “Yeh.” Jinyoung and Jaebum nodded. “Text me when you reach your apartment.” Leeteuk instructed. “I will.” Jaebum promised.

He and Jinyoung bowed to their chief and headed backout the village. Leeteuk watched them until he could no longer see them, before walking to the healer’s cabin with Kihyun. He prayed a silent prayer, that nothing more would happen to Jinyoung, Jaebum, or his son.

 

 

Jaejoong and Jessica rushed into the hospital. The nurses led them to the room that they put Minhyuk in. “You must be Lee Minhyuk’s guardian. Jaejoong? That was the name I was given from your son.” The doctor was there to greet him. “Yes, that’s me. Where’s Minhyuk? I need to see him.” The beta insisted, overwhelmed with anxiety.

The doctor gave him a tired smile. “Of course, I’ll let you see him. But I need to speak with you first.”

Jaejoong did not like the sound of his words.

“Where’s Daehyun?” Jessica asked before the doctor could continue. “He left a couple of hours ago. He said he wanted to get some rest.” The doctor informed. Jessica nodded, but felt even more uneasy not knowing her brother’s whereabouts.

“Please sit down.” The doctor directed them to the bench. Jaejoong was reluctant but did as the doctor said anyway. The doctor sat down next to him and observed the two carefully before he started to talk again. He explained to them in more detail than what he told Daehyun about Minhyuk’s injuries and his condition.

 

Youngjae watched the entire thing. After calling his friends to get Yongguk, he followed Daehyun to the hospital. Then he followed the elder from the hospital to the hotel. He kept himself hidden from the alpha. After discovering what hotel he stayed in, he returned to the hospital.

He witnessed Jaejoong break down into tears. He watched the head beta of the Midnight Shadow pack beg the doctor to save him. He begged him not to lie. He didn’t want to believe what the doctor told him. Youngjae caught Jessica shedding silent tears as she pleaded her mother to calm down.

A sigh subconsciously escaped his lips. He wasn’t supposed to die either. Surprisingly, he felt little bad about the Midnight Shadow alpha’s death. He had nothing against Minhyuk. In fact, he was quite interested in him. But the guilt he felt was nothing compared to how he felt about Yongguk’s death. “You weren’t supposed to die, but I kil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter