Ordinary Life

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Paid for the life I chose. If I could I'd trade it all. Trade it for a halo.'

~

“Ugh, this is useless.” Youngjae muttered after almost cutting himself for the nth time while cutting vegetables, helping the other omegas and betas of the village prepare the food for their feast. The Silver Moon pack always held a large 2-Day feast at the end of each month to celebrate the mating of new mates and the birth of new pups within that month. “We’ve been doing this for years. It’s not that hard.” Kihyun said, pushing aside his perfectly cut vegetables, moving onto his next set.

“In my defense, I’ve always helped with the basket weaving. And I’m not a vegetable lover like you.” Youngjae retorted. Kihyun rolled his eyes. “Maybe you should do something else. You might actually cut your finger.” Jinyoung suggested, witnessing the younger almost cut his finger again.

“No. I have to master the art of cutting vegetables or else you two will make fun of me forever.” Youngjae said with much determination. “It’s not even that hard.” Jinyoung muttered, returning to peeling his own. “I’m going to take these to wash.” Kihyun announced, picking up a basket of freshly picked veggies. “I’ll go with you. I should probably wash my hands, so I don’t get blood on anything.” Youngjae stood up, referring to the small cuts he earned earlier. “Gross.” Kihyun remarked. Jinyoung shook his head. “We’ll be right back Jinnie.” Youngjae grinned cheekily at the beta before walking away with his brother.

However, the two brothers didn’t make it far when Kihyun stopped in his tracks, gasping. “What?” Youngjae questioned. The younger didn’t answer. Youngjae followed his line of gaze just for his eyes to land on Changkyun, Wonho, and Hyungwon. “He’s back.” Kihyun gasped. Some of the alphas and betas had went out to pick the fresh crops for the feast or went hunting.

Youngjae dramatically rolled his eyes, “Are you just gonna gawk at him like a creep or are you going to talk to him?”

Kihyun looked at him as if he said the craziest thing he’s ever heard. “I can’t talk to him.” He said. Youngjae frowned, “Go talk to him.” He said nudging him. “I can’t.” Kihyun shook his head. Youngjae’s frown deepened. He pushed the younger forward. However, Kihyun fought back the force. “Talk to him.” Youngjae continued to push him anyway. “No.” Kihyun insisted.

The two struggled with each other until Kihyun’s foot slipped, causing him to fall and drop the basket of vegetables. He groaned at the unexpected impact.

Changkyun’s eyes widened, witnessing the accident. He quickly jogged over to the omega to help him, “Ae you okay?” He knelt down in front of the elder. Kihyun looked at him wide-eyed, “I um…” his cheeks burned in embarrassment. Did he see that? “My brother…” He looked over his shoulder to see that the elder omega was gone. He frowned, turning back to face the alpha. “My brother is a jerk.” He grumbled. Changkyun chuckled and helped him pick up the fallen veggies.

“He’s going to kill you when he gets back.” Jinyoung remarked as Youngjae returned to his spot next to the beta. “He’ll thank me in the future.” Youngjae said, stealing a sliced carrot from the elder’s pile. “For someone devoid of any romantic emotion, you sure are pushy in getting Kihyun to talk to his crush.” Jinyoung noted. “Just because I prefer to not participate in that kind of junk, doesn’t mean I want everyone else to be alone forever.” Youngjae defended.

At that moment another omega joined them, sliding onto the seat across from them. “I’m back~,” Junhong sang, placing his large basket of cherry tomatoes onto the wooden table.

“You’ve been gone all morning. Where’ve you been?” Jinyoung questioned the young omega. “I’ve been picking vegetables, duh~,” Junhong answered as if it were obvious. “Um, Junhong, those are fruits.” Jinyoung informed him.

Junhong blinked dumbfoundedly, “Really?”

Both Jinyoung and Youngjae nodded.

Junhong sat in his seat wide-eyed in disbelief, processing the new information. He studied the basket, his brows furrowed, “Are you sure?” He didn’t want to believe it. “Positive.” Jinyoung nodded. Junhong’s face contorted into pure confusion, “How is that possible?!”

Jinyoung chuckled a little, “Yah, it’s not that big of a deal. Don’t hurt yourself thinking too hard about it. But anyway, Yongguk let you go picking with the others?” he asked a bit surprised. “Hm, no. I grew them. I made my own cherry tomato garden.” Junhong grinned proudly. “Ah~, I forgot you started that.” Jinyoung said, recalling that the young omega had started his garden at the end of the previous year.

“Mm hm. And I promised that I’d have a thousand cherry tomatoes by the next feast.” Junhong reminded. “So, did you grow a thousand?” Jinyoung asked, truly curios if the omega achieved his outrageous goal. “Yes, but there’s probably only 800 because I ate some.” Junhong answered in slight embarrassment, rubbing the back of his neck. “Some?” Jinyoung repeated before busting into laughter, even Youngjae cracked an amused smile.

Choi Junhong was one of the youngest omegas to find his mate at 16, three years ago. Youngjae didn’t approve of the younger finding a mate so early in his life, but he never dared to express his disapproval. The omega had lost his alpha father when he was 12 as a part of their pack’s decade long feud with the Midnight Shadow clan. He grew up having to take care of his sick omega mother, who only seemed to continue to get worse. Though he had a lot of support and help from his pack members, the teen’s situation took its toll on him, forcing him to shut himself from the rest of the world, until he met Yongguk, one of the pack’s most prized alpha’s. The alpha had taken the liberty to share the omega’s burden and brought back the Junhong that everyone knew and loved.

Youngjae hated the idea of an omega depending on an alpha. But he was glad that his friend was back and smiling every second of every day again. “Make that 799.” Youngjae remarked, catching the younger sneak a cherry tomato in his mouth. The 19-year-old grinned cheekily, pulling a chuckle from the elder omega. “How’s your mother doing?” Youngjae asked with genuine concern. “She’s doing better. She’s even come out to help with this month’s feast.” Junhong beamed.

Jinyoung and Youngjae were surprised to hear that his mother was coming out her hut. “She’s going to make a bunch of desserts.” Junhong said.

“Jinja? Your mom makes the best desserts. I can’t wait.” Jinyoung said, feeling excited. “me neither!” Junhong agreed. “Mm, I guess I should rinse off these tomatoes. I’ll be right back.” He said, standing up.

Before he could go far, two arms reached from behind him to grab the basket, trapping the omega in between, causing him to jump. “Let me help you with that.” A smooth low voice offered. Junhong turned to see that it was his mate, “Aish, Yongguk you scared me.”

“Sorry.” The alpha grinned, before stealing his lips.

Youngjae made a silent gagging motion to Jinyoung, only to earn an elbow to his rib.

Yongguk greeted the two before leaving with their friend.

 

Youngjae looked over his shoulders to observe his festive pack members as they prepared for the night’s feast. Children and pups ran around playing and laughing with each other. Newly mated couples were glued to each other and blushed whenever elder pack members congratulated or teased them. Parents ran back and forth preparing for the feast and tending to their newborns.

Everyone was in high spirits; all worries had been put on hold for the next two days. Even Youngjae’s father relaxed. The head alpha chatted and laughed with s freely.

Youngjae let out the smallest of smiles. His father was always ten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter