Attention

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Tell me how to love, it's been so long.'

~

 

“Come in!” Jaebum called to the person that knocked on his office door as he packed his belongings. It was the end of another work day and he was getting ready to leave.

A few days passed and to his surprise they were able to keep youngjae’s absence a secret. No one had grown suspicious nor asked about him. Only Leeteuk asked about youngjae’s health conditions and Jaebum easily assured him that his health was improving. But that was all he could say. He couldn’t bare to bring himself to lie any further to the chief about his son. He hated lying to him in the first place, but at the same time he couldn’t burden him with the truth. All they had to do was pull it off for another day or two and then they’d be home free. However, if the omega wasn’t back within the next two days, Jaebum swore to go look for him.

On the other hand, the human Youngjae completely made himself at home at the alpha’s apartment. He really was ecstatic about having his own bed and room. This only made Jaebum despise the human’s roommate even more. But Youngjae was having a blast in the large apartment, especially with the cool gadgets and widgets that were installed in the kitchen. He enjoyed himself so much so, that he nearly forgot about Jaebum’s wounds, which the alpha didn’t mind too much.

However, he did mind that Youngjae brought his dog into the apartment despite his wishes. The human claimed that he couldn’t leave Coco alone in his apartment, nor could he trust his dearest pet with Just anybody (Jaebum rolled his eyes at the thought).

“Hi Jaebum. It’s me.” Kihyun entered the office. “Oh, Hey Ki. What’s up?” Jaebum stopped wat he was doing to give his full attention to the omega. Jinyoung entered the office behind Kihyun. “Hey Jinyoung.” Jaebum greeted him as well. “Hey.” Jinyoung sat down in one of the chairs by the window. Jaebum raised an eyebrow when he noticed the bento boxes and wrapped bowls in Kihyun’s hands. “Do you need something?”

“Uh, no. I was wondering if you could give these to Youngjae. It may help him get better faster.” Kihyun handed him the bowls. “Those are his favorite soups. I didn’t put any chicken in it though. But I did put chicken flavored tofu. Make sure he eats it. Usually he doesn’t like to eat when he’s sick.” Kihyun instructed.

Jaebum was unsure of what to say. He felt bad. “I’ll make sure he eats it.” He promised anyway. He’d make Youngjae eat them when he returned. “And these are for you.” Kihyun handed the alpha the bento boxes.

“Me?” Jaebum questioned a bit surprised. “Yeah, as a thank you. I know Youngjae hates making my dad and I worry, so he usually turns to you or Jinyoung. So, I just wanted to do something to say thank you for being there for him. I made some for Jinyoung too.” Kihyun explained.

Jaebum was speechless once more. He didn’t know what to say. “You shouldn’t thank me.” He finally said, guilt overwhelming him. “Of course, I do. I worry about him sometimes, but I’m glad he has you guys to make him feel better. But anyway, I must go. I’ll see you guys later and tell Jae to answer his phone or else I’ll seriously beat him up when he gets better.” With that Kihyun waved the two goodbye and left the office first.

Jaebum put the hot soup bowls and bento boxes on his desk and continued to pack his belongings. “Do you need anything?” He asked the beat who was still sat by the window. “No, not really.” Jinyoung answered. “I figured I go with you to your apartment to see Youngjae.”

Jaebum paused at his words. Jinyoung studied him closely. “Are you sure? He really isn’t feeling well. It’d be better to wait until he’s better.” Jaebum played casual. “Well, if he’s that sick then he shouldn’t be left alone.” Jinyoung simply responded.

Jaebum slowed his movements. He knew that it was too could to be true. The beta had grown suspicious of him. “What are you getting at?” Jaebum continued his act. If he showed any hesitation or doubt, the younger would easily catch on. “Nothing. I just want to see how he’s doing.” Jinyoung smiled, “For myself.”

“Fine. If you insist, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Jaebum bluffed with a shrug. “I’ll meet you in the front of the building.” Jinyoung informed standing from his seat. “Okay.” Jaebum continued his packing.

Jaebum waited until the beta was far gone before letting out a sigh. “Damn it.” He cursed. He quickly picked up his phone and dialed Youngjae’s number.

“Hello~!” The human answered almost immediately.

“Are you at the apartment?” Jaebum asked.

“Um…no~. I’m walking Coco. Why?”

“You need to hurry back. Jinyoung is coming.”

“What?” The younger screeched. “What do you mean?” “I mean, he’s coming now.” Jaebum said. “What am I supposed to do?” Youngjae panicked.

Jaebum thought for a moment before speaking again. “Just go in your bed. Take a hot shower so that your temperature is at least warm and just stay under the covers, so he won’t see your face.” He instructed. “So, pretend to be asleep?” Youngjae questioned.

“No, because he’ll remove the covers. Just stay awake. Try not to speak if he talks to you. I’ll explain to him why you can’t speak.”

“Okay. I’ll see you later then.” Youngjae said not so confident. He was about to hang up when a thought crossed Jaebum’s mind. “Wait!” hiding his identity won’t be enough. Jinyoung will easily be able to sense that he’s human. “Go in my dresser and put on one of my pajamas.” He instructed. If he was covered in the alpha’s scent, then Jinyoung won’t notice the difference. “What?” “Just do it. There’s no time to explain.” Jaebum quickly said. “Okay then.” And with that Jaebum hung up first. He released a sigh and murmured a quick prayer before leaving his office.

He said farewell to his floormates and made his way outside where Jinyoung was. “Ready?” The beta asked. He nodded, “Let’s go.” He said, leading the way. He tried to stall as much as he could to buy Youngjae more time. However, he couldn’t stall for too long or else the younger would grow more suspicious. He didn’t even seem to be in the mood for small talk.

 

“Youngjae, I’m back. And Jinyoung is here.” Jaebum called when they entered the large apartment. Jinyoung scrunched his nose, “Why does it smell like dog in here?”

His question was soon answered when his eyes landed on the white dog locked in a cage in the living room. The pup growled when Jaebum came into view. “When did you get a dog?” Jinyoung was confused. “I didn’t. I’m watching her for a friend.” Jaebum murmured in distaste.

Jinyoung laughed a little, “She doesn’t seem to like you.” “Good. I’m glad the feeling is mutual.” Jaebum remarked. He walked past the beta and went into the kitchen to put away the bento boxes and soups. “For some reason dogs dislike alphas.” Jinyoung said. Jaebum huffed in response, he could honestly care less about what the lesser canines thought of him.

“Is Youngjae asleep?” Jinyoung asked, not seeing or hearing any signs of the omega despite their arrival announcement. “Maybe, but his throat hurts, so it’s difficult for him to speak.” Jaebum explained. Jinyoung nodded in understanding. “I’m going to check on him.” He said walking to the guest room. Jaebum shut the fridge and quickly followed after the beta.

Youngjae heard the footsteps and quickly pulled on his eye mask and pulled the covers over his head. His body trembled under the sheets. He didn’t know what would happen if they got busted. Would he tell the real Youngjae’s father? The omega was an important person and Youngjae suddenly became fearful of the consequences for covering up his disappearance.

Jinyoung cautiously opened the bedroom door and flicked on the lights. Youngjae shuffled underneath the sheets. “Hey Jae. How are you feeling?” Jinyoung walked up to the bed, followed by Jaebum. Youngjae panicked. He wasn’t sure of what he was supposed to do, or how to even respond. Instead he remained silent out of fear.

Jinyoung tilted his head to the side. “Jaebum told me that you can’t talk because of throat.” He said. Youngjae quickly nodded. Jinyoung saw the movement and hummed in response. “Kihyun made you some soup. It should help with your throat.” Jinyoung informed. Youngjae nodded once more. He could feel a thin sheet of sweat form on his skin from the heat of the sheets and long-sleeved pajamas he wore.

“You shouldn’t bury yourself under the covers. You’ll overheat yourself.” Jinyoung gently pulled the blanket down from his face.

Jaebum’s eyes widen in slight panic, but he was relieved when he saw that the human wore an eye mask.

Youngjae stopped the sheets from moving past hi nose. “I’m fine.” Youngjae whispered quietly. Jinyoung raised an eyebrow. “Okay.” He said in understanding. “Get better soon.” He smiled gently ruffling the younger’s hair. He then turned to Jaebum, his expression less friendly. “I’ll be back tomorrow night.”

“What?” Jaebum was caught off guard. “Yeah, to take Youngjae to the village. Shownu’s funeral is the following morning.” Jinyoung explained. “I can take him myself.” Jaebum insisted.

“You’ve done enough. I’ll be back at 9pm.” Jinyoung patted his shoulder. “See you later Jae.” He said walking out the room. Jaebum followed him and walked the beta to the door.

Jinyoung turned to Jaebum one last time. “Thanks for stopping by.” Jaebum told him, feeling uncharacteristically nervous. “Mm.” was the younger’s response. “Oh, I don’t remember Youngjae’s hair being blonde by the way.” He noted in thought.

Jaebum paused. He’d completely forgotten. “He dyed it while I was at work.” He lied casually. Though it was in vain at this point. Jinyoung didn’t say a word and left the apartment. Jaebum shut the door, “Damn.”

Youngjae poked his head from the bedroom. “Is he gone?” He whispered. “yeah.” Jaebum answered. Youngjae stepped out the room. Jaebum’s pajamas were slightly too long for his frame. “Aigoo, that was so stressful. He was way scarier than the first time I met him.” Youngjae breathed. He felt as if he couldn’t breathe the whole time the beta was there.

“He knows.” Jaebum finally said.

“What?!” Youngjae’s eyes widened. “How?”

“It doesn’t matter.” The alpha brushed off. “He gave me a warning.”

The human looked at him in confusion. “He’s coming tomorrow to pick Youngjae up. I have until then to get him back or at least find out where he is.” Jaebum explained. Youngjae’s eyes grew larger. “How are we going to do that?”

Jaebum paused at his words. “We?” he repeated. “We don’t have to do anything. This isn’t your problem. You can go back to your apartment.” The alpha dragged himself to the couch and sat down. He ran his fingers through his hair stressfully. He was conflicted.

Jinyoung was clearly angry with him. But what could he do? He knew the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter