Tell Your Friends

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Go tell your friends about it. Go tell them what you know, what you seen.'

~

 

Daehyun and Youngjae woke up before dawn the next morning and checked out of the resort. Youngjae went back to sleep as soon as they got into the car. It was the first time he’d been able to sleep properly in years. In fact, he slept peacefully at their stay at the resort. Each morning he found it more and more difficult to break himself from his much-needed slumber. At the same time, he found that he woke up with more energy than before they arrived at the resort. However, he’d never admit this to the alpha. It’d only encourage him.

 

“We’re here.” Daehyun gently shook the omega awake. Youngjae slowly opened his eyes to see that they were parked in front of a humbled, brightly colored townhouse. He reluctantly stepped out the car and was instantly greeted by the sound of rushing water and a salty sea breeze that blew through his hair.

There was a private beach just beyond the townhouses, ocean waves crashing against the land. “It’s cool right?” Daehyun asked, catching the younger string at the ocean. “This part of the beach is privately owned. Only residences of the townhouses are allowed on this part.” He explained. Youngjae didn’t respond and turned away from the beach. “I called my sister on the way here, so she knows that we’re coming.” Daehyun led him to the front door. He knocked on the door and a minute later the door swung open.

“You’re here!” A beautiful woman with long black hair answered. Her kind smile seemed to brighten the already sunny morning. “Hey Tiff. This is Youngjae.” Daehyun introduced as they entered the small home. “Hi Youngjae. It’s so nice to meet you. My name is Tiffany. I’m Daehyun’s sister-in-law.” Tiffany held out her hand for a handshake.

Her welcome was genuine, however, she was surprised to find that the friend Daehyun mentioned, before arriving, was an omega.

Youngjae shook her hand and muttered a greeting. “Where’s Jess? Is she at work?” Daehyun asked. “No.” Tiffany scoffed. “She’s getting ready for work now. She said, s she’d leave after you get here. You know how she is. She hates leaving me alone with guests she doesn’t know, as if I can’t take care of myself.” She folded her arms. “You should’ve just told me first.” “Sorry~.” Daehyun apologized bashfully.

“Anyway, are you guys thirsty? I just finished making some iced tea and lemonade.” Her smile soon returned. Daehyun waited for Youngjae to answer first. He didn’t want to influence his answer. “I’ll take iced tea.” Youngjae said. “Coming right up. And what about you Dae?” Tiffany asked, running into the kitchen. “I’m going to take a shower instead real quick.” Daehyun said, already heading up the stairs.

Youngjae looked at the alpha feeling betrayed at suddenly being left alone. Daehyun gave him a reassuring smile, but Youngjae didn’t feel assured at all. Rather, he felt more irritated than anything else.

Tiffany poured herself and Youngjae a glass of iced tea and placed them on the glass table. “Do you want anything to eat?” She asked as the younger sat at the table. “No thank you.” Youngjae turned down the offer.

At that moment, Jessica stepped out the room, dressed in her custom-fit suit. Youngjae was somewhat surprised by her strong presence. Yet, again, most all alphas had strong presences. However, he noted that hers was much stronger and mature than Daehyun’s. “Did they come yet?” She asked her mate as she grabbed her purse. Her question was soon answered when she spotted Youngjae sitting at their dinner table. She raised an eyebrow. Daehyun didn’t say his friend is an omega.

Daehyun had gone to her hut earlier that week, asking for her help. He told her that he had a friend from the northern province that he needed to help. He asked her to cover for him while he was gone. She didn’t like the idea of her brother traveling to the north alone nor befriending a northern wolf. But he seemed so desperate and determined that she couldn’t turn him down. It sounded extremely important to him. But he failed to mention that this friend was an omega.

“You must be Dae’s friend.” She said. Youngjae nodded. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Jessica. Dae’s older sister.” She smiled, holding out her hand for a handshake. Her smile was just as warm and friendly as Daehyun’s. “Youngjae.” The omega shook her hand.

“Speaking of Dae, where is he?” Jessica turned to her mate. “He went to take a shower.” Tiffany answered. “Ah. I guess I’ll see him later today. I have to go. Dad keeps texting me a million and one questions as to why I’m not at work yet. I’ll see you later. Kay?” Jessica pecked Tiffany on the lips before heading to the door. “See you.” Tiffany smiled, watching the alpha walk out the door.

Youngjae tilted his head. The two girls were a visually beautiful couple, both of them were gorgeous and had their own distinct charm that complimented each other. He could tell by their short interaction that they were the perfect, ideal couple. Jessica, the strong, confident, responsible alpha that went out to work and provided for them. And Tiffany, the sweet, adorable, obedient omega that stayed behind and tended to their home.

Youngjae was disgusted.

“How was your trip? Did you enjoy yourself?” Tiffany asked, sitting down in the seat across the younger omega. “It was relaxing and good.” Youngjae answered, mimicking the elder omega’s gentle gestures and sweet demeanor. He couldn’t allow her to figure him out before he figured her and Jessica out.

“Where did you guys go?” Tiffany asked curiously. “This Zen themed resort in the west. It was fairly big. There were a lot of nature-related activities.” Youngjae was careful to not let his answers be too short. Omegas were expected to be excellent conversationalists. If he wanted to succeed at his charade, he had to force himself to speak more than he wanted.

Tiffany’s eyes slightly widened at this. “Really?” She asked in shock.

Youngjae raised an eyebrow at her reaction. “Yeh.”

“Oh.” Tiffany said in thought.

“Is something wrong?” Youngjae made himself sound more innocent to hide his curiosity.

“Um, nothing. I guess.” She said. “It’s just that it’s strange that he brought you there. Most couples from the East province go to the Zen resort before they mate. It’s kind of a popular ritual here in the East. Jessica and I went there a couple of weeks before we mated. And so, did Jessica And Daehyun’s parents. And everyone else in our clan.” She explained.

Youngjae nearly choked on his drink. That was the last thing he expected to hear. “Maybe he isn’t aware of that though.” She said he thought. He isn’t. Youngjae thought to himself knowingly. The probability of the alpha not knowing was high.

Tiffany and Youngjae chatted with one another, with Tiffany leading most of the conversation, until Daehyun finally returned from his shower.

“You just missed Jess. She just left for work not too long ago.” Youngjae told the alpha as he sat down in the seat closest to Youngjae. Tiffany stood up and poured him a glass of iced tea. “I’ll see her and thank her later.” Daehyun brushed off as Tiffany placed the glass in front of him. He knew that his sister had a lot of questions for him.

At that moment there was a knock on the front door. Daehyun raised an eyebrow. “Are you expecting someone?” Tiffany nodded, “Haeryung and Minhyuk had been asking about you all week. So, I invited them over after you called. She answered before leaving the kitchen to answer the door.

Youngjae’s ears perked at this. He didn’t recognize either the names, but he had a confident guess of who they were. Daehyun’s eyes widened. He didn’t plan on meeting them until after he dropped Youngjae home.

 

“Daehyun~!!” Haeryung called when she, Minhyuk, and Tiffany entered the kitchen. Minhyuk froze when he saw Youngjae. The two of them made eye contact. Youngjae tilted his head to the side and smiled at the alpha. This was going to be more interesting than he thought.

Haeryung ran up to Daehyun to give him a hug, but he gently pushed her away. “Haeryung…” He whispered in slight embarrassment. “What’s-,” Haeryung’s voice trialed when her eyes landed on the northern wolf. “Oh. Hello there.” She smiled.

Youngjae waved to her and returned the fake smile. “Do you guys want anything to drink?” Tiffany offered. “Iced tea please.” Haeryung sat down in the seat next to Daehyun. “I’m good.” Minhyuk turned down as he carefully sat down across from Youngjae. The two of them never took their eyes off of each other.

Youngjae flashed another smile. “Hello.” He greeted the alpha. Minhyuk only nodded. He didn’t have a good feeling about this at all.

“Um, Youngjae, this is my best friend Minhyuk and my girlfriend Haeryung.” Daehyun introduced. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Youngjae sipped his cold tea, his eyes still on Minhyuk.

“Daehyun. Where did you go? You left without saying a word. You weren’t even answering your phone.” Haeryung frowned, getting straight to business. Youngjae smirked, remembering Tiffany’s words. He turned his head to look at the beta. “We went to the Zen resort in the western province.” He answered innocently. Daehyun was thrown off by Youngjae’s innocent demeanor.

Haeryung and Minhyuk’s eyes widened. “What?” Haeryung blinked in disbelief. “Are you serious?” She turned to Daehyun. Her smile was completely gone. “Yeah.” Daehyun confirmed not seeing anything wrong.

Haeryung was speechless.

Youngjae looked away. A pleased smirk on his lips. Minhyuk studied the northern wolf suspiciously.

Youngjae suddenly pouted his lips. “I need to take a shower, but I didn’t bring any clothes with me.” He pouted cutely. “I have some clothes here that you can borrow.” Daehyun readily offered, already standing from his seat.

Haeryung scoffed silently at his readiness. “Do you need me to get you a towel?” Tiffany asked. “I can get them.” Daehyun said. Tiffany nodded. “I’ll go ahead and make lunch. I’m sure everyone is hungry.” She smiled.

Minhyuk watched as Daehyun led Youngjae out the kitchen up the stairs.

Haeryung pouted. Her shoulders dropped. “Why did he take him to the Zen resort?” She could barely wrap her mind around the news. It seemed too unreal and sudden. “I wouldn’t think too much into it.” Tiffany assured her. “I’m sure he’s not aware that it’s a tradition for Eastern wolves to travel to the western Zen temple before mating. He never paid attention to that kind of stuff.” Tiffany chuckled a little to herself.

“I guess so.” Haeryung sighed, still hurt.

Minhyuk was silent. He knew Tiffany was right. Daehyun didn’t know. But he didn’t trust it. He trusted Daehyun’s intentions, but it was Youngjae he didn’t trust.

 

Daehyun grabbed Youngjae’s clothes (after he was in the shower) and placed them in the washing machine to wash. Then he returned to the kitchen anticipating lunch. Tiffany was a great cook and always went above and beyond for her house guests.

“Why did you go to the western resort with him? Without telling anyone?” Haeryung questioned him as soon as he sat down. “Ah, because he needed help.” Daehyun answered. He didn’t want to give away anything about the omega. He had no business sharing his.

“Help?” Haeryung scoffed in disbelief.

Daehyun furrowed his brow in confusion, sensing her anger. “Who is he anyway?” She asked. “Mm, he’s my friend.” Daehyun answered carefully, unsure if his answer would anger her further. “Okay.” Haeryung huffed clearly upset.

“Haeryung. What’s wrong?” Did I do something wrong?” He finally asked with concern.

The beta gritted her teeth. He really doesn’t know. She thought to herself. But why does it still hurt so much? “Nothing. I’m going outside to get fresh air.” Haeryung stood from her seat and walked out the kitchen.

Daehyun ran his fingers through his hair stressfully. “Did I forget something?” He asked the other two desperately. He never meant to upset her, and he wanted to fix whatever it was he messed up. “I’ll explain to you later.” Tiffany told him. Daehyun nodded.

“How as the trip?” Minhyuk decided to ask to avoid the atmosphere from g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter