Chapter 9: November 1st 2019

Transactional Relations At The Incheon International Airport Cafe

The following seven weeks that Joohyun and Seungwan had to endure were excruciating without the other around life seemed bland. They spoke through the FaceTime app every morning for Seungwan and every evening for Joohyun. Joohyun wore Seungwan's Maple Leafs replica jersey to sleep in every night that over time Seungwan's scent fainted away. Seungwan used Joohyun's lavender & lily shampoo whenever she washed her hair and found that on those nights she slept better.

 

It was during one conversation that Seungwan announced to Joohyun that she received a phone call from Boss Chaerin notifying her that she was chosen for the Catering Chef job. Joohyun was already aware of this but still became emotional by tearing up as if she was hearing it for the first time all over again. She was anxious to work along side Seungwan to watch her perfecting her craft and she wanted to spend every minute with her.

 

Another conversation that came up with the move to South Korea was where was Seungwan going to live. Seungwan told Joohyun she was searching for a one bedroom apartment online and would tour the buildings in person once her plane landed. Joohyun was vehement about her and Seungwan living in separate places and gave her a list of reasons why they should live together.

 

"Joohyun it would feel like I am imposing on your living space. I can't expect you to take me in. I know how to live independently. I started  living on my own since I was 17," Seungwan whined.

 

"Seungwan please stop complaining and listen to me," Joohyun demanded and Seungwan stood still.

 

"I don't question the capability you have to survive by yourself but you are moving to a different country and everything is new for you and I want to be there to help you adjust to this culture. It can be very difficult and more importantly my condo is too large for one person it would be nice to share it with someone special, "Joohyun finished as Seungwan blushed.

 

"Okay Hyunnie you convinced me I will stop looking for my own place but one more thing," Seungwan said as Joohyun cocked one eyebrow.

 

"Are you aware that we will work together and live together, I mean isn't that a bit much? What if we can't stand each other after the first month?" Seungwan said worried.

 

Joohyun laughed and said, "But Wannie I can't get enough of you."

 

They stared at each for a few extra minutes before Seungwan picked up her tote bag and before she knew it was making her way down Queen Street in the direction of the coffee shop, realization hitting her that she was leaving behind everything and everyone she knew in Toronto. 

 

She said to herself before entering the coffee shop "This is right and I have someone waiting for me so I can't back out now."

 

She put on her apron and joined her best friend behind the counter as it would be one of the last opportunities they would share to work together.

 

 

 

Upon returning to work, Joohyun was not surprised to find that everything was the same as she left it. Yeri did an excellent job filling in her position but the atmosphere had this stale aroma to it, as if time stopped when she left Korea and started again when she returned.

 

Namjoon and Seungri were handling the Market Bar and kitchen duties of the smaller cafes.

 

Hyojin was one step away from being fired due to her tardiness and foul language during her mini rap concerts at the coffee kiosk. If Joohyun had to hear one more time that Hyojin was given her last written warning which was four written warnings ago, she was going to lose it.l

Since there wasn't a major event that took place in the Main Cafe since her absence, Joohyun knew all eyes would be on her when she returned. While making her way toward her office she spun the ring Seungwan gave her as beads of sweat formed on her forehead.

 

Seulgi was exiting her office with a filing folder in her hand when she caught a glimpse of the diamond gold band ring and gave Joohyun a questioning look.

 

"Did something major happen in Canada that I wasn't informed about?" Seulgi said pointing to Joohyun's ring.

 

"Can we discuss this in my office? I don't want to talk about it out in the open," Joohyun said dragging Seulgi into her office and shutting her door.

 

It could not have been better timing because Seungri's ears perked up when he heard Joohyun's voice and made his way around the corner to see that they already left. Joohyun locked her door and turned to face Seugli.

 

"Please don't tell me you got marriaged because I will never forgive you for first of all marrying before me when I have my whole wedding planned out and second not inviting me," Seulgi said in a hurt tone.

 

Joohyun grabbed both of Seulgi's hands and held them as she said, "I can reassure you Seungwan and I are not married and this is not an engagement ring."

 

Seulgi took her hands away and crossed her arms across her chest while she asked doubtfully, "If what you say is true then why does that ring perfectly fit your finger and why are you wearing on your left ring finger?"

 

Seulgi leaned on top of Joohyun's desk waiting for an explanation. Joohyun played with the ring clearly indicating she was nervous.

 

"This is Seungwan's class ring from college. Her parents gave it to her as a gift and she wanted me to have it. I refused at first but we went to the jeweler so that the ring would be resized to fit my finger," Joohyun paused looking at the floor.

 

"Okay but that doesn't explain why she let you keep a piece of jewelry that holds sentimental value to her," Seulgi replied pushing Joohyun to continue.

 

"Well I hate to admit that I broke down in front her when I told her about the treatment I receive from Seungri and Seungwan thought if Seungri sees the ring and believes that I am planning to marry someone then he won't bother me at work anymore," Joohyun said fidgeting a little.

 

Seulgi chose not to speak as she was still absorbing all of this information when suddenly her eyes began to tear up.

 

Joohyun grabbed Seulgi's arms and said, "Seulgi I was telling the truth I am not engaged to Seungwan, the ring is just a prop used to wore away Seungri and others like him."

 

Seulgi wiped her tears away and replied, "That is the most romantic gesture I have ever hear of."

 

They both laughed and Seulgi said, "I hope to meet her someday."

 

A warm smile formed as Joohyun said, "You will sooner than you think because Boss Chaerin hired Seungwan as our new Catering Chef!"

 

Both women squealed with glee and jumped into the air.

 

Seungri could hear the commotion from his work table and stuck his neck out to see if anyone was causing it. He turned to Namjoon who was busy studying a new recipe sent to his email this morning when Seungri asked, "Doesn't Miss Joohyun return to work today from her vacation?"

 

Namjoon kept his head down still reading the recipe but replied, "C'mon Seungri don't play dumb with me, I know you have been counting down the days until she returns. But to answer your question she is scheduled to work today as a matter of fact she should be here by now."

 

The men stopped what they were doing when they heard an office door open and Seulgi and Joohyun appeared and started walking toward the swinging door to the cafeteria.

 

"Good morning chefs," Joohyun greeted the men making sure to waved her left hand so that the ring was visible.

 

Seungri's eyes grew wide and his mouth hung open, he even blinked twice to make sure he wasn't seeing things. Namjoon was afraid to look over at Seungri to see his reaction and just as he turned his head in that direction he heard Seungri slam his knife on the cutting board and storm out of the kitchen to cool off.

 

Joohyun was halfway through the swinging door when she witness Seungri stomping to the loading dock doors. A big smile spread across her face as she realized Seungwan's plan worked and maybe she didn't have to endure any more harassment at work.

 

 

 

It was Monday, October 28th 2019 the eventual date that Seungwan arrives in South Korea. Joohyun didn't feel the need to take a personal day from work since the Incheon International Airport was a few buildings over so she asked Boss Chaerin's permission to clock out early which was granted.

 

It was approaching 4pm and Seungwan's flight landed at 4:20pm so Joohyun didn't waste anytime and packed up all of her files to finish her work at home. She grabbed her sweater from the back of her chair and retrieved her purse from one of the drawers in her desk. She surveyed her office one last time to be certain everything she needed was accounted for. She opened the door, flicked off the light, and was locking it when Seungri came up behind her.

 

"So Joohyun I am curious how did you go from starting a relationship in let's say 5 seconds to returning from overseas engaged? I just don't buy that love can develop that quickly, c'mon you are lying right?" Seungri said trying to corner Joohyun into the wall.

 

Joohyun gave Seungri a stern look and said, "I don't care what you think because it is my life and I don't have to share every detail of it with the people I work with. Do you share everything? Oh that's right just the erted and disgusting things you want to do to me ually? Am I right? Next time you should take a go look around before you open your mouth to make sure the person you are speaking of isn't there to hear you. Now if you don't mind which I don't care if you do I have a date with my fiancee so bye now!"

 

Joohyun exclaimed while waving her left ring finger which made the ring sparkle in the light.

 

Seungri's face turned red he wanted to punch a wall but settled on stomping his feet as Joohyun walked out the double doors.

 

Joohyun strolled to her car proud of herself for finding the courage to stand up to Seungri and she has Seungwan to thank for that. Since spending time in September with Seungwan and chatting on FaceTime every day, Joohyun felt the wall she put up around herself start to crumble. She was always shy and an introvert, having a difficult time interacting with other individuals especially men. She knew that her appearance is what drew them to her and that they only wanted one thing. Spending time with Seungwan showed her that she has more to offer in a relationship than anyone gave her credit for.

 

She didn't intend to have an emotional breakdown in front of Seungwan but Seungwan's reaction with care and comfort put Joohyun at ease. A bright smile beamed across her face while driving and listening to The Sweetest Taboo by Sade thinking of Seungwan. She drove around the parking garage and found a space on the 2nd level, she ran down the stairs to the entrance of the airport.

 

She stopped in front of one of the TV screens that displayed the arrivals and departures, she saw that the Air Canada  flight from Toronto was expected to arrive at Gate F32 on time. Joohyun rushed to the escalator which was hard to do in 5 inch heels but she would move mountains to see Seungwan.

 

Joohyun tried on several outfits the night before knowing well enough that she wouldn't have a spare moment to return to her condo after work to change. She chose a red Calvin Klein dress that was paired with a black belt and black heels. She kept her hair down and wore red lipstick. She found Gate F32 just in time as the plane was unloading the passengers.

 

Twelve minutes passed and no sign of Seungwan, Joohyun was swaying side to side with worry. She took her phone out of her purse to check her messages but no reply from Seungwan.

 

Joohyun let out a sigh of frustration and crossed her arms across her chest when she noticed a small brown hair woman wearing a white crop top with black jeans and 4 inch boots. She was carrying a signature brown Louis Vuitton handbag and had white earpods in her ears. Seungwan made her way to the walkway and looked around when Joohyun came up to her side and held her hand.

 

"Hey you, I missed you," Seungwan said and smiled. She pulled Joohyun into a tight hug.

 

Joohyun wanted to cry tears of happiness she is so relieved Seungwan came.

 

Seungwan pulled away and said, "We should make our way down to the baggage claim so we can leave here. Don't want to repeat what happen last time."

 

Seungwan laughed as Joohyun blushed and lightly punched her arm.

 

"That's not funny, I just couldn't help myself," Joohyun whined.

 

Seungwan leaned toward Joohyun and said, " I know I'm irresistible."

 

She wiggled her eyebrows and Joohyun grimaced. "Ewww stop being greasy or I will leave you here," Joohyun whined.

 

"C'mon you know you love it otherwise you wouldn't be wearing my ring," Seungwan grinned.

 

Joohyun looked down at the ring and right back at Seungwan when she pulled Seungwan to a stop from walking and planted a kiss on her cheek.

 

"What was that for?" Seungwan blushed surprised by the sweet gesture.

 

"For everything," Joohyun said softly into Seungwan's ear. 

 

 

 

 

The car stood at a standstill as they hit the after work wall to wall traffic jam in the downtown district of Seoul.

 

 "I know from firsthand experience that it is a long two flights to travel from Toronto to Seoul so we can just go back to my condo," Joohyun said holding Seungwan's hand while driving with the other.

 

Seungwan slouched in the passenger's seat and said, "Nah I am feeling energized and I want to explore this new city I will be living in," Seungwan said with excitement in her voice.

 

"Where do you want me to take you?" Joohyun asked while staring lovely at Seungwan.

 

Seungwan blushed and said, "As I was packing my belongings and making arrangements to move here, I caught a few episodes of Street Food on Netflix. They filmed an episode in a market place here in Seoul and I was wondering if you would like to try the unique food they served?"

 

Joohyun moved her hand to Seungwan's face and poked the dimple on her cheek and replied, "Of course I love to."

 

Seungwan and Joohyun walked the entire length of the Gwangjang Market stopping along the way to taste test the Baffle, Ming Bean Pancakes, Kimchi & Pork Dumplings, and Bancham. The sun was setting as they staggered to Joohyun's car.

 

"Oh my, I am so full but I guess that is what happens when you travel on an empty stomach," Seungwan said letting the food induce coma slowly take over her as she adjust the seat back a little after entering the car.

 

"C'mon my little hamster let's go home and unpack and wash up for bed," Joohyun said rubbing Seungwan's arm.

 

"Okay," Seungwan said as she placed a peck on Joohyun's lips.

 

The rest of the week flew by as Joohyun went about her normal work schedule 7am to 4:30pm sometimes 6pm depending on the number of flights that were arriving and departing the airport. Whenever Joohyun set foot in her condo, Seungwan would always have dinner prepared and a warm bath waiting surrounded by candles.

 

Except for the first night Seungwan arrived in Korea, every night after that ended in passionate lovemaking. They always ended up with Joohyun lying in Seungwan's arms which let Seungwan know that Joohyun felt relaxed in her embrace.

 

They were lying still listening to the patterns of breath that they released after the intense workout when Joohyun tilted her head up to look at Seungwan and said, "Seulgi is throwing a Halloween party at her house and invited us. Would you like to go with me? We don't need matching costumes. So are you interested?" Joohyun said with pleading eyes.

 

"Seulgi is she the friend that introduce you to the Love Without Borders dating app? (Joohyun stook her head yes) She must be a really close friend of yours and how can I say no besides I want to meet her," Seungwan said happily.

 

"Yay thank you Seungwan! I will text Seulgi right now," Joohyun said as she gave Seungwan a quick kiss on the lips and got up from the bed.

 

Seungwan watched Joohyun's view walk to her dresser and text the message in her phone. As Joohyun made her way back to the bed, Seungwan yanked her down as she was straddling her and they went at it until the sun rose.

 

 

 

Joohyun was running errands the day of the Halloween party, she selected a few bottles of alcohol she knew Seulgi preferred wine to Jimin's beer. As she opened the door to the condo she walked in on Seungwan bending over the oven's door with oven mits on carefully placing a tray of cupcakes on the counter top. When Seungwan bent back down to close the door of the oven, she jumped and squeaked as she slapped away Joohyun's hands that grabbed her .

 

"Sorry I can't help myself your behind is so plump and tempting not to squeeze," Joohyun chuckled placing a hand over to hide her giddiness.

 

"Can we save that type of behavior for the after party?" Seungwan said rubbing her .

 

"You want to do it tonight but are you sure you want to be sore for your first day of work tomorrow?" Joohyun said with her hands on her hips.

 

"Yeah maybe we should plan it another night instead," Seungwan blushed.

 

"C'mon let's change into our costumes," Joohyun said as she took hold of Seungwan's hand and led her into the bedroom.

 

Thirty minutes later, Joohyun emerged dressed as Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Seungwan chose to dress as a Minion from Despicable Me. 

 

When Joohyun saw Seungwan in her costume she walked over and hugged Seungwan tightly and gushed, "Awww! Look at my little Wannie! You are too cute I could eat you up right now!"

 

Joohyun preceded to peck Seungwan's cheeks several times.

 

Seungwan turned red and said, "I am glad you like it but Joohyun your costume is so elegant and y and you look beautiful as always."

 

Seungwan said with heart in her eyes as she and Joohyun kissed each other slowly before separating.

 

Seungwan cleared and said, "I should add the icing to the cupcakes before we leave."

 

Joohyun nodded and said, "Besides I need to reapply my lipstick."

 

She gave Seungwan's a light slap before she made her way back to the bathroom.

 

They arrived at Seulgi and Jimin's house at 8:30pm where they observed people in costumes holding drinks and some dancing from the huge living room windows. Jimin answered the door in a Pikachu costume he had a huge smile on his face when he greeted them.

 

"Hey Joohyun we are thrilled you decided to come but who is this adorable Minion?" Jimin asked.

 

"Jimin my MInion's name is Seungwan," Joohyun beamed.

 

Seungwan placed the tray of orange and black cupcakes into Jimin's hands and said, "I made these for your party."

 

Jimin looked at the cupcakes he held and said, "Thanks come in and join the rest of the party."

 

Seulgi approached the couple in a biker chick costume (think Bad Boy era) with her arms extended and a huge smile on her face.

 

"Joohyun you made it and you bought a date! Is this Seungwan? She is too cute!" Seulgi gushed.

 

Seulgi gave Joohyun a hug and Seungwan one also.

 

"Well make yourself at home. Have a drink but not too many because we all work early tomorrow." Seulgi laughed.

 

"Joy and Taehyung are over there on the couch and Yeri bought her date some guy named Jungkook from security," Seulgi finished with a shrug. "Oh yeah Hyojin is upstairs somewhere rehearsing her new rap lyrics with Yoongi," Seulgi said holding up her fingers in quotes and bursting into laughter.

 

"Oh one more thing somehow the landscapers Shindong and Eunhyuk found out about my party. You can't miss them, they are sharing a sand worm costume and break into the worm dance every 3 songs, it is amusing to watch because they are not coordinated," Seulgi said as she walked away to check on the rest of the party guests.

 

Joohyun held Seungwan's hand and led her into the living room where Joy who was dressed as a y police officer and Taehyung as James Bond were sipping their cocktails deep in conversation standing in the corner.

 

Joy turned around and walked to Joohyun and Seungwan she hugged Joohyun and said, "Miss Joohyun your costume is so elegant it kinda matches Taehyung's secret agent one perfectly."

 

"Thank you Joy but my Minion is my date tonight," Joohyun said giving Seungwan a hug.

 

"So who is this Minion you are so smitten with?" Joy said with her hands on her hips looking down at Seungwan with a curious expression.

 

"My name is Seungwan and I moved here from Canada," Seungwan said extending her hand to shake Joy's hand.

 

Joy's face broke into a huge smile and she laughed, "She is too cute and come here you don't have to be shy around me."

 

Joy grabbed Seungwan into a tight hug as Joohyun slapped her arms complaining to let go of her girlfriend.

 

Yeri and Jungkook emerged from the kitchen with a huge bowl of chips and beer bottles in their hands. Yeri was dressed as Scootaloo from My Little Pony and Jungkook was Luigi from The Super Mario Bros. 

 

Shindong and Eunhyuk sat in the corner of the living room staring into space looking completely out of it in the huge sand worm costume. As the guests were sipping their drinks and dancing to the music, a loud thud was heard from upstairs.

 

Hyojin came running downstairs in a pepperoni pizza costume followed by Yoongi dressed as a pirate.

 

"Um Miss Seulgi I think your toilet is backed up!" Hyojin shouted in a nervous voice.

 

A few snickers could be heard throughout the room.

 

"What on earth happened upstairs? What caused that loud bang? If you created this mess then you will stay and clean it up!," Seulgi demanded moving her finger from Hyojin to Yoongi as she spoke.

 

Jimin ran upstairs to survey the damage to the bathroom. Twelve minutes later he returned to the party saying he had to fish a cherry bomb from the pipes.

 

Seulgi screamed "Get out!" to Hyojin and Yoongi as they exited the house with their heads hung low in shame.

 

All of the party guests were standing there with their mouths agape and their eyes bulge at the sudden outburst Seulgi gave.

 

Seulgi turned to her party guests and smiled, "Shall we continue celebrating?"

 

Just then Jimin selected the song C'mon N' Ride It by The Quad City DJ's and the guests started dancing again.

 

After hearing the song that was playing Shindong and Eunhyuk moved to the center of the floor slapping their costume all over the place.

 

The party died down around 11pm, most of the guests left but Joohyun and Seungwan who stayed and offered to help clean up. When the house was restored to it's former state, Joohyun and Seungwan hugged Seulgi and Jimin goodbye as everyone called it a night.

 

 

 

Joohyun was typing away on her laptop, logging in the information needed for the new catering events now that Kompass hired a new Catering Chef.

 

"My Wannie," Joohyun stopped typing and said to herself before her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the double doors opening and the clicking of heels and another set of footwear could be heard.

 

"We are now here at the Main Cafeteria which is the location where you will be working and let me show you your office," CL said leading Seungwan into the kitchen.

 

"But first let me introduce you to the people you will be working with please follow me."

 

There was a light knock at Joohyun's door, she sat up straight and fixed her hair and blouse.

 

"Hello Bae Joohyun I want you to meet our new Catering Chef, Son Seungwan," CL said encouraging both women to shake hands.

 

"Hello Miss Joohyun," Seungwan smiled and shook Joohyun's hand.

 

Joohyun blushed and said, "Nice to meet you Miss Seungwan and I can't wait to work with you one on one."

 

Seungwan cleared as beads of sweat appeared on her forehead.

 

"Uh look let me introduce to the Head of Human Resources, Kang Seulgi," CL announced heading into the direction of Seulgi's office. Seungwan winked at Joohyun before she turned around and left her office.

 

Joohyun blushed while she smiled as she sat back down at her desk.

 

In the middle of pretending to meet Seulgi for the first time, CL's phone ding, "Seungwan I hate to do this to you but I have a conference call to take in my office which is two buildings over. But my Lead Chef Namjoon will finish the introductions and get you set up on your work station," CL said and gave Seungwan a pat on the shoulder as she made her way to the double doors.

 

Namjoon was wiping his hands with a paper towel that he threw into the waste basket and extended his arm to shake hands with Seungwan.

 

"It is such a pleasure to meet you if you have any questions you can always come to me," Namjoon said with a smile.

 

Seungri walked up to Seungwan and reached out his hand to greet her, "Hi I am the Market Bar Chef and my name is Seungri."

 

Seungwan's face darken and she put her hand in his giving a long hard squeeze even hearing some cracking noises from Seungri's hand.

 

Seungri drew his hand back holding it and wincing in pain. "Sorry sometimes I forget my own strength," Seungwan replied with a devilish smile.

 

Seungri returned to his work table giving Seungwan side looks every now and then. Namjoon continued to make introductions to Seungwan, this is Taehyung the Sous Chef, Joy the Lead Cashier, Yoongi the Grill Cook, Hyojin the Barista, Hoseok the Front of the House Supervisor, Bom the Cashier Manager and Second Lead for Front of the House  Supervisor.

 

Namjoon stopped when he noticed Nancy and said, "And Nancy here is going to be working with you she is one of our Catering Aides along with Hyebin."

 

Nancy was twirling her hair and eyeing Seungwan from head to toe with lust in her eyes. Seungwan was about to introduce herself to Nancy when she heard the swinging door snap back a little too heavy in place. She saw Joohyun standing there with anger in her eyes directed at the three of them.

 

"What is going on here?" Seungwan thought to herself.

 

Joohyun turned around and went back through the swinging door into the kitchen.

 

"Seungwan let me show you where your work table is and where you will be working from now on," Namjoon said and led the way.

 

"Bye Chef Seungwan," Nancy said while jumping a little and acting all giddy.

 

"Bye," replied Seungwan a little weirded out.

 

Namjoon pointed to the table near his which was only a few feet away from Seungri's work table.

 

"Great," Seungwan groaned under her breath.

 

"So here is the clipboard with all of today's assignments listed on it, remember if you have any questions I am here to help," Namjoon said as he return to the work at his table.

 

"Thank you Chef Namjoon," Seungwan said with a smile.

 

Seungwan started to browse recipes on the clipboard and went to the walk-in refrigerator to gather all of the items needed to complete her assignment.

 

The kitchen was quiet as everyone was busy working or maybe they decided to stay mum while in the present of a new employee. In the middle of preparing mini lemon meringue pies Seungwan jumped when she felt a hand on her lower back and turned to see Joohyun stand right beside her with a drink in her hand.

 

"Here I didn't see you take a lunch break today so I went out and bought back my favorite bubble tea for you to try," Joohyun said fluttering her eyelashes.

 

"Thank you you didn't have to do that you are very kind," Seungwan said knowing they were being watched.

 

Seungwan took a sip and put the drink underneath her work table.

 

"Hmmmm this is really good," Seungwan said with bulged eyes and puckered lips.

 

Joohyun laughed and said, "The face you made was priceless."

 

She used her hand to cover while laughing.

 

Seungri stopped dicing the red skin potatoes and threw an annoyed look at Seungwan and Joohyun.

 

"Looks like we got someone's attention maybe we should play along," Seungwan said wiggling her brows.

 

Joohyun laughed and nodded "okay."

 

"Wow that is a gorgeous ring you have on your finger! Your fiancee must really love you! Look at all of the diamonds!" Seungwan said in fake surprise.

 

Joohyun tried to stay serious but it was hard with Seungwan around.

 

"Yes my fiancee is the most generous, caring, lovable, and warm-hearted person I know. My fiancee is perfect," Joohyun replied while lovingly staring at Seungwan the entire time she said it.

 

They stared at each other for a little while longer when they were interrupted by a loud bang.

 

Seungwan and Joohyun jumped from the fright that Seungri created by slamming his cutting board on his work table.

 

"Chef Namjoon I will be right back I need a smoke break," Seungri said and stormed off.

 

Namjoon turned to Seungwan and said, "He gets like that sometimes."

 

Seungwan and Joohyun laughed as Joohyun rubbed Seungwan's shoulder before she returned to her office. Seungwan meant it when she made the promise to herself to protect Joohyun and she had no reservations about relocating to Korea. As the day winded down, Seungwan packed up her kitchen tools and took one last look around before she clocked out because this was her new life in a new country with a new love.