Chapter 25: New Setbacks

Transactional Relations At The Incheon International Airport Cafe

Author's Note: Does anyone remember this story? Just kidding! Reread the entire the story and felt inspired to update since I found some time and I don't want to leave any of my stories unfinished. Thank you for waiting!

 

 

Seungwan rushed back to her office to collect her cooking tools after completing a grueling 3 hour cooking expo for the wealthiest entrepreneurs from China, Singapore,  and Japan.

 

Seungwan sat in her office chair scrolling through her phone, "Minho failed to mention the banquet was for 500 people but maybe that was his plan all along!"

 

A smile appeared on the brunette's face as she recalled how Namjoon, Taehyung, Amber, and the rest of the kitchen staff pitched in to help out. She giggled while watching Seulgi balancing a tray of champagne flutes and her wonderful fiancée, Joohyun handing out appetizers of stuffed portobello mushrooms or garlic butter shrimp on bite sized baguette ends.

 

Seungwan hid her laughter whenever she overheard the older businessmen complimenting Seulgi and Joohyun on their stunning looks.

 

The banquet ended with Seungwan taking center stage to thank the kitchen staff for all of their hard work and the entrepreneurs for choosing Kompass to host the event.

 

Her daydreaming was cut short by a knock on the door as the Catering Chef stood up adjusting the creases in her chef coat before turning the knob to open the door.

 

Seungwan's eyes bulged to see the District Manager standing in the doorway with a huge smile on his face.

 

He opened the door wider to let himself inside of the office, "Chef Seungwan! You are truly amazing! How you were able to put everything together in such a short time to prepare! The businessmen are ranting and raving about the delicious food you served!"

 

Minho spoke excitedly and punctuated his words by flailing his arms in the air as he recalled how impressed he was with the catering staff.

 

Seungwan scratched the back of her neck as she glanced at the floor, "Well sir I have to be honest that I wouldn't be able to pull it off without the excellent staff I work with in this kitchen!"

 

Minho smiled and wagged his finger at the brunette, "I knew I liked you when we first met because you are a modest person who doesn't steal the spotlight from your colleagues."

 

Seungwan sheepishly replied, "Just telling the truth."

 

Minho cleared his throat, fixed his necktie, and straighten his posture, "Onto more serious matters, I hope you considered my proposal to assist the setup at a new account in Taipei."

 

Seungwan stood speechless.

 

She didn't want to disappoint Minho by refusing but she planned on building a life and reputation for herself in Seoul not Taipei.

 

Minho fixed the cuffs on his sleeves, "Let me sum it up to this, if you spend a month there then I'll wipe your employment record clean including the physical altercation with Seungri will be banished from your record. Like it never happened."

 

He smoothed the sides of his hair, "Please let me know by tomorrow morning and no later than noon."

 

Minho extended his hand,, "Anyways great work and the president of Kompass will be notified of your accomplishments today as well as the president of the airport." He shook the smaller woman's hand vigorously.

 

Seungwan kept a fake smile on her face until the District Manager left her office.

 

"He really wants to get ruin of me," Seungwan remarked gathering her supplies and zipping up her winter coat. "Joohyun and I have a lot to talk about tonight."

 

She turned off her office light and locked the door.

 

 

LE didn't have much of an appetite after receiving a cold, threatening message from her estranged mother. Hani chose  a BBQ place for the the endless pitchers of draft beer. 
 

"Keep it coming!," Hani cheered as the waitress approached the table with a second pitcher of beer. Hani stopped turning the beef tips when she observed LE spacing out.

 

"Hey! Wake up you qualified for the final round of tryouts so why are you acting all depressed?," Hani remarked pouring a glass of beer for her roommate. "If your terrible mood has to do with what your mother said earlier just know that success is the best type of revenge!"

 

LE frowned, "But that only applies if I win!"

 

LE gulped her glass of beer and Hani patted her back.

 

"I have faith in you and look at it this way when you become a famous rapper and are flying all around the world well your heartless, drug addict of a mother will be stuck in the dirtiest, most rundown parts of Seoul, regretting the way she treated you!," Hani replied clinking her beer glass against her friend's.

 

LE wiped her eyes with a napkin, "But Hani you have to understand she is still my mother who gave birth to me and when I was younger before the drugs become her priority......we had some great times and really bonded."

 

Hani pouted as she encased LE in a tight hug, "I know sis it's hard to cut people off and I can speak from first hand experience how sometimes family members can turn into your worst enemies and the only resolution is to act as if they never existed."

 

LE nodded her head in agreement as she dried the last drop of tears from her eyes.

 

"Why do I let her words affect me but not tonight since it's time to celebrate!," LE exclaimed clinking her beer glass with Hani's.

 

Hani smiled, "That's what I'm talking about let's party!" Hani proceeded to shake her hips and toss her hair around.

 

LE reached across the table to grab her roommate's arm to stop her hair flying around the restaurant. The two friends burst into laughter as they ate their dinner.

 

 

 

Amber barged into the apartment exhausted not only from the workload but the commute to work of taking three separate busses to the airport.

 

Victoria sat cross-legged on the sofa flipping through a celebrity gossip magazine as Amber collapsed on the loveseat with her puffy winter coat on that still had snow particles on it.

 

Victoria her teeth in disgust, "Could you possibly take your coat off so the snow isn't trailing all over our apartment?"

 

Amber mumbled okay as her face was buried into the loveseat cushion. Amber slowly stood up and shuffled over to the coat closet.

 

Victoria rolled her eyes, "Thank you. So I take it the kitchen work is brutal by the disheveled appearance you have."

 

Amber matted down any strands of hair standing up as she searched the cabinets for a cup of noodles she could heat in the microwave.

 

"It is too early to tell as there was a huge catering event held in our dining hall today," Amber replied pressing the buttons on the microwave.

 

Victoria clicked her tongue, "Look at it this way, you earned overtime pay this week which helps with the rent and utilities a lot I mean I'm not holding it over your head but there was a short period of time where you were unemployed and I paid all the bills."

 

Amber choked on the hot noodles she slurped before blowing the heat away.

 

"I promised multiple times that I would pay you back once I found steady work!," Amber yelled in frustration slamming the microwave door a little too forceful.

 

Victoria jumped off the sofa and stood inches away from Amber's face.

 

"Sorry I didn't mean to upset you but if you break my applicances then you will use the money you just made to buy me new ones!," Victoria demanded pushing Amber's shoulder.

 

Amber dropped her chopsticks on the floor from the shove and begrudgingly picked them up. 
 

Victoria eyed her appearance in the hallway mirror before she turned back to Amber.

 

"I'm sorry if I seem like a today so what do you say to going dancing tonight?," Victoria asked fixing her hair and adjusting the length of her mini skirt.

 

Amber put her empty soap container in the trash bin and turned to face Victoria.

 

"No thanks I'm really tired and I have to be at work early tomorrow," Amber replied ing her chef coat heading to the bathroom to shower.

 

Victoria rolled her eyes, "Suit yourself." She grabbed her coat and exited the apartment.

 

Amber needed time to herself to decide how she can continue to work in such close proximity with two attractive women who happen to be gay and engaged. 
 

Amber dried her hair and changed into a comfortable pair of pajamas to turn in for the night. She laid in bed wide awake for another hour wondering when her time will come to find a potential partner.

 

"One day...," Amber whispered as she drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

Joohyun made it home before Seungwan so she browsed the bakery shops downtown in search for the perfect pastry treat to celebrate her fiancée immediate success in impressing the entrepreneurs from China, Singapore, and Japan.

 

The raven hair woman selected red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and red sprinkles on top. Joohyun searched the cabinets in the kitchen for birthday candles to add the celebration effect.

 

She lit the last candle on the fourth cupcake when the twist of the doorknob opened to reveal the brunette shaking loose snow off of her head.

 

Joohyun put the box on the table and rushed to dust off the snow from Seungwan's hair.

 

"Baby hold still," Joohyun instructed picking pieces off and throwing them out of the open door. "I told you I would've waited until the end of your shift so we could drive home together." 
 

Seungwan gave her fiancée a quick kiss, "And I said you didn't have to since I have a bus pass and I had another surprise visit from Minho."

 

Joohyun froze as she carefully studied the small woman's expression, "What did he say this time?"

 

Seungwan chuckled, "Nothing to worry just congratulating me on an excellent job with the catering event."

 

The raven hair planted a kiss on Seungwan's cheek, "You deserve all of the praise for the outstanding job you did today! The entire room full of investors were complimenting how great the food tasted and the way you spoke and presented yourself in such a professional way."

 

Seungwan blushed, "I can't take all the credit when everyone pitched in and helped which I appreciate considering it was so last minute."

 

The Catering Chef placed her knife kit on the table but stopped when she spotted the cupcakes.

 

"What's this?," she asked holding the box.

 

Joohyun laced her arms around the brunette's waist, "Surprise baby! For knocking it out of the park on your first day back!"

 

Seungwan pouted, "From suspension...."

 

Joohyun chuckled, "Well you proved to that board room full of people and Minho that the suspension was wrongly given out! If only there was a way we could wipe it off of your record."

 

Seungwan gulped as she put the box on the table with the candles burning.

 

"Minho has a resolution," Seungwan thought as she went to the kitchen to pour a glass of water.

 

Joohyun blew out the candles, "Baby are you still sick? You didn't blow out your candles? Is everything alright?"

 

The raven hair woman drew close and placed her hand on her lover's forehead.

 

"Your head doesn't feel hot but your right hand is still swollen," Joohyun said examining the hand in a brace.

 

Seungwan gulped the last drop of water and placed her glass in the sink as she retrieved an ice pack from the freezer.

 

"Honey listen can we sit in the living room for a second because I have something very important to tell you," Seungwan instructed lacing her fingers with her fiancée.

 

"Okay," Joohyun whispered a little apprehensive of the nature of the conversation. Since the altercation with Seungri   Joohyun felt like her and Seungwan were paying for the coincidences at Kompass.

 

"He harassed me for months but my fiancée and me have paid the price for defending ourselves," Joohyun thought as she sat cross legged on the sofa.

 

Seungwan stood in the center of the living room with the ice pack held against her injured hand.

 

She cleared , "Remember how I mentioned that Minho seemed pretty persistent on me spending a month in Taipei to help set up a new account."

 

Joohyun nodded recalling the conversation, "And you refused without any protest."

 

Seungwan clutched the ice pack tighter, "Right....about that Minho proposed the idea again except this time he offered to expunge the physical assault on Seungri from my record if I take this contract in Taiwan."

 

Tears rolled down Joohyun's cheeks as she sat listening.

 

Seungwan slowly sat beside the raven hair woman, "I refuse to make a final decision until I discuss it with you first ......so what do you think I should do?"

 

Joohyun rested her head on the small woman's shoulder.

 

The two women sat in silence for a moment before Joohyun spoke.

 

"I hate the idea being separated from you as long as a month but if you are serious about staying with Kompass then a transfer is the only option," Joohyun said wiping her tears away.

 

Seungwan the long, wavy strands of jet black hair, "I'll fly home whenever I have the chance so wait for me because I promise to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you."

 

Seungwan slowly lifted Joohyun's head to make eye contact and the lovers connected their lips for a soft, slow kiss through tears and whispers of "love yous."

 

The raven hair woman wiped away the tears streaming down Seungwan's cheeks.

 

"I waited this long and I'm not going anywhere I don't care if it takes a month or four years I'll be here waiting to marry you," Joohyun sweetly said as she kissed the small woman's forehead.

 

Seungwan stopped crying, "If I'm in Taiwan for four years then you're coming with me and that is final!"

 

A bright smile appeared on the older woman's face as she encased Seungwan in a tight hug.

 

"So when do you leave?," Joohyun asked rubbing the small woman's back.

 

Seungwan broke the hug to stare into her lover's eyes, "He didn't say I will tell him my decision by noon tomorrow."

 

Joohyun furrowed her eyebrows, "Sounds like Minho is eager to get this new account up and running asap!"

 

Seungwan placed the ice pack back on her injured hand, "Look on the bright side which is the sooner I leave, the sooner I can return."

 

"I hope so," Joohyun replied as she leaned in for another hug. As much as her heart was shattering into pieces she had to remind herself that her fiancée was only trying to plan out a solid future for the both of them.

 

"You want to shower together again," Joohyun asked and laughed at Seungwan wiggling her eyebrows.

 

Joohyun let the running water hit her face as Seungwan decorated her back with kisses. She turned around to plant a  long, passionate kiss on Seungwan's lips. She ran her hands across the smoothness of the small woman's abs. As the raven hair woman found herself lost in making out with her lover her thoughts were consumed with images of her arriving home to an empty condo, driving to work alone, eating by herself, and spending her weekends alone.

 

Joohyun broke the kiss to cover her face with her hands as she broke into a crying fit.

 

Seungwan tried to pry her hands away as her fiancée continued to cry hysterically.

 

"Baby what's wrong?"

 

"C'mon let me see your face."

 

"I'll be home before you know it."

 

"I love you and want to marry you."

 

Joohyun continued to cry as Seungwan shut off the water and helped her climb out of the shower.

 

Joohyun wiped away her tears with the fluffy towel Seungwan handed her.

 

"I'm probably being dramatic but I can't help but remember how pathetic my personal life was before you appeared and changed everything for the better," Joohyun said wrapping the towel around her body.

 

Seungwan covered up with her bathrobe and wiped the tears away from the older woman's face and kiss her.

 

"Let's dry off and cuddle for the rest of the night because I need to feel your touch," Seungwan said caressing her lover's cheek.

 

Joohyun rubbed her face against the small woman's hand, "Okay baby."

 

The lovers brushed their teeth, hair, and changed into matching silk black and white polka dot pajamas.

 

Seungwan laid flat with Joohyun securely wrapped in her arms.

 

"Do you remember my first day in Korea how I wanted to browse the Gwangjang Market for that show on Netflix," Seungwan beamed as images of her and Joohyun walked hand in hand to different food stalls.

 

"Street Food Asia wasn't it called?," Joohyun asked nuzzling her nose into Seungwan's button up so she can't forget the scent.

 

"Yeah I watched it while packing not realizing one of the locations featured would be one I can actually tour and taste the food," Seungwan said slowly closing her eyes and opening them.

 

Joohyun caressed her cheek which made the brunette close her eyes, "Goodnight baby, I know you are doing this for us and I support you."

 

The raven hair woman clicked off the bed side lamp.

 

 

 

Joy sat on the sofa watching different makeup tutorials on YouTube when the code to the front door unlocked. Taehyung entered with a bag of Chinese take-out and a bottle of Soju.

 

He collapsed on the sofa after placing his coat on the hook by the front door.

 

"Ahhhh what a busy day!," Taehyung exhaled stretching his arms above his head.

 

"Has Chef Seungwan returned to work yet?," Joy asked rubbing her boyfriend's thigh.

 

"Yeah she came back to work today but Minho booked a luncheon that consisted of 500 investors from all around Asia," Taehyung huffed. "I wish he gave us plenty of time in advance to prepare before because it was a disaster trying to feed all the attendees! But somehow we succeeded or I should say Chef Seungwan did since she was in charge!"

 

Joy smiled, "Well with Chef Seungwan back at work hopefully the environment at the Main Building will return to normal again."

 

Taehyung snickered as he twisted the cap off the bottle of Soju, "Sure if that meant that the District Manager was around 24/7 like recently as if he is expecting the staff who were suspended to make another mistake!"

 

He lifted the bottle to his lips but Joy stopped him as she went to the kitchen to retrieve two glasses to split the alcohol.  
 

"Sorry babe I guess I got carried away," Taehyung remarked taking a sip from the glass.

 

Joy sipped her drink, "It's understandable considering the changes made since Seungri exposed everyone's relationships has some setbacks."

 

Taehyung sat up straight and turned to face his girlfriend, "Are those creeps at Building 10 bothering you again? I'll stop by and beat the out of them!"

 

Taehyung emphasized his point by pounding his fist on the coffee table.

 

Joy giggled as she took her boyfriend's fist to examine any damage.

 

"You will be proud to know that those creeps left me alone today but it helped that Bom ran the second register during lunch service," Joy mentioned twisting strands of Taehyung's hair.

 

"Well I hope that in the future with or without Bom there by your side they don't harass you," Taehyung replied extending his arms to hug his girlfriend.

 

Joy leaned into his embrace and the couple cuddled for a few minutes. Taehyung kissed the top of Joy's head.

 

"Okay let's eat because I'm starving!," Taehyung exclaimed laying out six containers to chose from.

 

"What movie do you want to watch?," Joy asked breaking her chopsticks.

 

"How about The Fast and The Furious series?," Taehyung suggested wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Joy rolled her eyes, "Allllrright since your work day was tougher than mine but don't become upset if I have a hard time watching the entire first movie."

 

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, "Why? What's wrong with these movies? They are entertaining in my opinion!"

 

Joy exhaled as she munched on the shrimp fried rice, "You don't get it the macho action tough guy movies bore me!"

 

Taehyung sipped his drink and giggled, "Action movie? These movies are about family!"

 

Taehyung mimicked Vin Diesel's deep, raspy voice when he said family.

 

Joy almost sip out the Soju she drank and broke into a fit of laughter.

 

Taehyung laughed, "I knew you would see things my way."

 

He clicked the power on button and the couple settled in for the night unwinding with a quick dinner and movie.

 

 

 

Chaerin spent the day hiring a moving team to pack up and organize all of her items from her office. Volumes of books on how to maintain and substain a successful business to plagues and awards for businesswoman of the year to high revenue recordings to photos of her rubbing elbows with celebrities around Seoul to the royal family of Morocco. CL paused to admire the gold plated name plate that sat on her mahogany wood desk.

 

"Is it so bad to fall in love?," CL wondered as she spun around to see her apprentice, Marketing Manager Yeri carrying a box of her personal belongings into her office.

 

"Wow that didn't take Minho long to find my replacement," CL remarked placing the name plate in a box.

 

Yeri smirked, "Boss Chaerin you know as well as anyone that business is cutthroat and Kompass must continue to keep up with the daily operations of the airport no matter who is in charge."

 

CL cocked her eyebrow at Yeri, "Don't be offended by my statement but are you sure you are qualified to fill my position I mean I held this title for six years and you mentored under me for two years? Am I right?"

 

Yeri become defensive, "Your point is?"

 

CL chuckled, "My point is having to manage, delegate, and control every aspect of food service in multiple buildings well are you prepared for that because it won't be easy."

 

Yeri held her head high, "I'm up for a challenge!"

 

CL smirked, "Or until Minho replaces you with a candidate of his choosing."

 

Yeri froze as she set another box on the bookshelf.

 

CL pursed her lips, "Tsk tsk I'm assuming you weren't aware of the promotion process within Kompass and sorry young lady but upper management barely or should I say hardly ever promotes from within."

 

Yeri crossed her arms as she directed a threatening look at her former boss.

 

"Now don't you feel foolish for blackmailing me in an attempt to steal my job?," Chaerin inches closer to Yeri so she towered over her.

 

Yeri gulped but decided to stand her ground no matter what form of intimidation CL resorted to.

 

CL dusted off the lint from Yeri's blazer, "Shocked I found out that the incriminating photos and messages were sent from your phone? Don't be because I employed the highest ranking computer specialists in the field to track and trace every digital footwork that you carelessly left to uncover."

 

Yeri flinched as CL moved closer to smile inches from her face but drew back.

 

"I'm not here to hold grudges no I have to pack up and move on and maybe a career change is what I need outside of Kompass that is," CL said lifting the last box of her belongings.

 

"Yeri I don't hate you but you walked into a hornet's nest of a mess, c'mon four employees suspended and two terminated but to each there own," CL said holding her hands up in surrender.

 

CL strutted to the doorway, "Good luck because you need a lot of it but this is what you wanted."

 

CL left Yeri to stand alone in her new office as tears glistened in her eyes.

 

"I'll show CL and Minho that I can handle this job!," Yeri exclaimed as she spent the evening setting up her office.   
 


 

The next morning, Joohyun woke up first as she stretched her arms over her head and ruffled her hair. It was two minutes before the alarm was scheduled to go off. She hit the off switch so she could admire how peaceful her fiancée looked as she slept.

 

The raven hair woman let her manicured finger trace the slim slope of Wendy's nose, her cut cheekbones, her soft, fluffy cheeks, and curled eyelashes.  She let her finger slowly trace the outline of the heart-shaped lips she grew addicted to. 
 

Joohyun giggled as Seungwan crinkled her nose from the itchy feeling of someone poking her face.

 

Joohyun placed a kiss on the heart-shaped lips, "Are you ticklish baby?"

 

Seungwan groaned as her fiancée tickled her sides.

 

"Time to get ready for work, c'mon let's get ready together," Joohyun instructed pulling the smaller woman off of the bed.

 

"Five more minutes," Seungwan mumbled struggling to find her footing.

 

Joohyun chuckled to observe her fiancée appear groggy and her hair sticking up. The raven hair woman smoothed out the pieces sticking up as Seungwan leaned in to rest her head on her shoulder.

 

Joohyun petted her fiancée's head, "We need to get dress and head out so we aren't late. I don't feel like getting suspended again."

 

Seungwan chuckled, "Can't argue with you about that!"

 

Seungwan laced her fingers with Joohyun and they walked to the bathroom to change their clothes.

 


 

Joohyun was in the kitchen spreading jam over her toast while Seungwan munched on cereal browsing the internet at the dining room table.

 

Joohyun peeked over her lover's shoulder to read the title "Top Tourists Attractions in Taipei."

 

The raven hair woman took a big bite of her toast as she crossed her arms and turned away from the screen.

 

Seungwan skimmed over the context and pictures before shutting her laptop down.

 

"Ready to hit the road," she said as she briskly walked to the coat closet to retrieve her coat and scarf.

 

Joohyun put her plate in the sink and washed her hands.

 

"Yes let's get going," Joohyun said planting a kiss on Seungwan's lips.

 

Seungwan seemed confused, "What was that for?"

 

Joohyun shrugged, "I have to get as many kisses as I can before you leave me." 
 

Seungwan kissed the back of Joohyun's hand, "The transfer is temporary and I plan to return to Seoul as often as I'm allowed. Nothing is coming between our union."

 

The raven hair woman blushed, "I believe you baby and I love only you."

 

Seungwan pulled her fiancée into a hug, "I love you more."

 

The couple shared a long, passionate kiss.

 

The two women broke apart to leave for work.

 

 

 

The atmosphere in the kitchen was calm compared to yesterday without the presence of a huge luncheon to prepare for. The staff reverberated back to old habits Nancy and Hyebin stood in the corner polishing silverware and sipping coffee while gossiping about the latest fashion blogs.

 

Amber kept her head down when Seungwan and Joohyun walked through the loading dock doors like an A list celebrity couple beckoning for all eyes to focus on them. Amber cleared as she glanced at the couple but quickly directed her attention to the clipboard of new recipes.

 

Taehyung groaned from the pounding headache he suffered from after endless glasses of Soju.
 

Namjoon slapped his shoulder, "Wake up, Sous Chef look alive we all survived yesterday and that is all that matters!"

 

Taehyung only nodded in agreement.

 

A gush of wind swept through the kitchen as the District Manager walked through the doors.

 

His hair neatly combed back, expensive suit pristine and iron, and pricey cologne seeping in the air.

 

Seungwan exited her office, rolling up her chef coat sleeves ready to work.

 

"Chef Seungwan just the woman I want to see!," Minho excitedly exclaimed. "May I speak with you in your office for a minute?"

 

In that moment, Joohyun exited her office with a stack of papers in hand.

 

She froze when she watched Seungwan being ushered into her office with Minho behind. As Seungwan walked into her office she locked eyes with her fiancée pleading for forgiveness.

 

Joohyun blinked back her tears as she made her way to the coffee kiosk.

 

Minho closed the door, "Chef Seungwan I have been fielding calls all morning about the spectacular job you did at the luncheon yesterday. And I want to thank you for keeping Kompass's reputation intact."

 

Seungwan bowed, "You're welcome, District Manager! But thank you for allowing me to return to work!"

 

Minho rubbed his hands together, "While we are on the topic of work and Kompass, is it safe to say you made a decision on whether you will transfer to the new account in Taipei?"

 

Seungwan played with her fingers, "Yes sir I decided to transfer for a month but no longer than that as my life is here in Seoul."

 

Minho tapped his chin with his finger, "I won't pressure you to stay longer but you will see what a great opportunity this is and I will stay true to my word and make sure your employment record is spotless once you return."

 

Seungwan cleared , "So the next question is when does my flight leave?"

 

Minho adjusted his watch, "I thought why not give you two days to pack and catch a red eye to Taiwan?"

 

Seungwan stared at Minho in shock.

 

"Two days"

 

"Why is this arrangement so rushed?"

 

"That doesn't leave me with enough time for a proper goodbye!"

 

Minho noticed Seungwan spacing out, "Is that okay with you, Chef?"

 

Seungwan swallowed the lump in , "Yeah...fine."

 

Minho beamed with a bright smile, "Great I'll email you your flight itinerary and keep up the good work!"

 

Minho turned the doorknob and exited the office.

 

Seungwan felt her legs grow weak as she fell back into her office chair. She stared at the framed picture of the couple at Seulgi and Jimin's Halloween party.

 

"I'll complete this assignment so we can live in peace," Seungwan mumbled as she composed herself before joining the kitchen staff.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Before everyone unscribes to this story there are some twists and turns coming up so what you believe might happen may not happen. My stories will include happy endings so don't assume the worst. Anyways thanks for the support and feedback.