Chapter 17: A Sudden Turn of Events

Transactional Relations At The Incheon International Airport Cafe

Author's Note: This chapter will contain angst as any relationship has it's ups and downs. I will add the angst tag to the story as I may include some angst elements in further chapters.

 

 

It was 4am when Seungwan was startled from her sleep on the couch as she felt a weight crush her chest. She slowly half opened her eyes but quickly closed them as she felt lips peppering her face with kisses. 

 

"Wannie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kick you out of our bedroom. I love you and I can't sleep without you by my side. Come to bed with me," Joohyun whispered into Seungwan's ear. A tear fell from Joohyun's eye and hit Seungwan on her cheek as Seungwan was shifting on the couch gesturing Joohyun to remove herself.

 

Joohyun stood up as Seungwan groggily planted both feet on the carpet and slowly stood up to yawn and scratch her head. Joohyun giggled at the sight as she threw her arms around Seungwan's waist encasing her in a tight hug. Seungwan grew stiff from the contact and broke Joohyun's grip on her body as she told her she had to empty her bladder.

 

The brightness of the light in the bathroom hit Seungwan suddenly as she went about her business with her eyes half closed. She washed her hands, opened the door to find Joohyun wearing her Maple Leafs replica jersey standing in the doorway of the bedroom waiting for Seungwan to finish.

 

Even though Seungwan was still angry with Joohyun the sight of Joohyun wearing the hockey jersey and nothing else made Seungwan's breath hitch. "You didn't have to wait for me I am coming," Seungwan said as she switched the bathroom light off.

 

"I know silly  here take my hand," Joohyun said as she held out her hand and led Seungwan to the left side of the bed, her usual spot. What Joohyun didn't want Seungwan to know is that she wasn't sure if Seungwan would join her in the bedroom. She thought Seungwan would make her way back to the couch as they ended their big holiday plans in such a devastating way. Joohyun took full responsibility for her actions but her conscience insisted that Seungwan should burden some of the blame. She was so nonchalant about forming a friendship with Junhyung who Joohyun believes wants a relationship with Seungwan.

 

Joohyun brushed away those thoughts as she now had her Wannie laying on her back right next to her. Joohyun placed her left arm around Seungwan's waist and her left leg over her fiance's legs. "Goodnight baby," Joohyun said in her y husky voice. Seungwan rubbed her left eye and mumbled, "Goodnight." She her right side so her back was facing Joohyun. Joohyun removed her arm and leg from Seungwan's body, she hoped Seungwan was just tired not wanting to think about how Seungwan could still be upset. Joohyun decided to keep her boundaries while laying near Seungwan, she didn't want to ruin any chance of an reconciliation.

 

Joohyun was slowly dozing off when she heard whimpering from Seungwan's side of the bed. She propped herself up on her elbows and leaned closer to Seungwan so she could make out the words. 

 

"I'm sorry Hyunnie. I love you not him," Seungwan said softly as she lightly sobbed. Joohyun covered with her hand as she felt her eyes fill up with water and she didn't want to wake Seungwan. Joohyun rolled Seungwan over as she held her close to her chest and her hair. 

 

"I forgive you Wannie. I let my jealously get the best of me and I ruined our New Year's plans. Can you forgive me?" Joohyun whispered as she slid down to the pillows waiting for a response but was met with Seungwan's steady breathing. Joohyun took that as sign to drift back to sleep.

 

 

The sun peeked through the curtains as the alarm clock on the nightstand read 9:40am. Joohyun was the first to open her eyes as she found Seungwan still sleeping in her arms. She leaned over and placed a kiss on Seungwan's cheek and whispered in her ear, "Wake up sleepyhead. Let's not waste our day off in bed." She squeezed Seungwan a little as Seungwan slowly opened her eyes and broke the hug to stretch her arms.

 

She quickly sat up and looked around before saying, "How did I end up in here? I thought I fell asleep on the couch. Or should I say you made me sleep on the couch."

 

Joohyun's face blushed red with embarrassment she hoped all would be forgiven or at least forgotten by morning. 

 

"You don't remember? I guided you to our bed in the early hours of the morning because I have a hard time sleeping without you," Joohyun said as she linked her hands around Seungwan's right arm.

 

"Whatever," Seungwan said under her breath as she exited the bedroom to wash up in the bathroom. Joohyun was left perplexed as she hoped she misunderstood Seungwan and her cold demeanor. She sat on the bed staring at the photo of the two of them sitting in the stands at the Blue Jays baseball game. Running her thumb over the smiling expressions wore on both their faces, missing this side of Seungwan. Joohyun placed the photo back on the table scolding herself into thinking this would become Seungwan's permanent behavior. 

 

"I hate that I am easily jealous but I can't help it I want Seungwan all to myself," Joohyun thought. Joohyun heard the water running in the bathroom which meant Seungwan was taking a shower. Joohyun pouted as she punched her pillow and said, " We always shower together uh I might as well find something to eat." Joohyun made her way to the kitchen as she forgot she left her phone there.

 

The light blinked with a new message notification it was from Seulgi that read, "Continued the New Year's festivities at the bar across the street. Met a great group of people to spend time with, you and Seungwan should meet them. Confetti was thrown everywhere as you can see in the picture. ( The picture included showed Seulgi and Jimin hugging and laughing with the guests in the background.)  Joohyun grinned at the picture somewhat excited for Seulgi and Jimin but at the same time envious that her night out with Seungwan didn't end that way. 

 

Seulgi finished the text by asking Joohyun how her night went at the Tmark Hotel. Joohyun gulped and the image of Seungri invading the DJ booth to vent his hateful speech for all of the party guests to hear then there was the tense ride home where the duet song was playing on the radio. Joohyun put her phone back on the countertop as she would reply back later when her emotions weren't all over the place.

 

The door to the bathroom opened and Seungwan appeared fully dressed in a pink sweater and light blue jeans. "Are you going somewhere this early in the morning?" Joohyun asked as she made her way into the living room.

 

Seungwan had a confused expression on her face as she replied, "It is after 10am so it isn't that early and I don't want to stay in my pajamas all day." 

 

"Do you want to eat breakfast with me?" Joohyun pleaded while pouting out her bottom lip.

 

Seungwan gave a light smile and said, "I will cook use some French Toast unless you want something else."

 

"No I want French Toast!" Joohyun yelled as she jumped with excitement and ran over to kiss Seungwan on the lips but Seungwan backed away.

 

"Right morning breath, I should shower and change my clothes while you make the food," Joohyun said a little defeated.

 

Seungwan shook her head in response as she neatly folded the spare blanket and placed it in the walk-in closet in the hallway and put the extra pillow on the queen size bed. As Joohyun made her way to the bathroom she observed Seungwan in the kitchen quietly gathering her supplies used to cook breakfast. She was usually more lively while she cooked with music playing or Face Time chatting with friends in Canada. Joohyun kept telling herself that Seungwan was still angry from the disagreement last night and it would blow over. She kept her head down as she shut the door to the bathroom there she turned the exhaust fan on to muffle out her sobbing as she took a shower alone for the first time since Seungwan moved in.

 

Seungwan was mixing the vanilla extract with ground cinnamon and egg batter when her phone ding with a new message from Yoo Jung Ahn. It read, "How was your New Year's celebration? You didn't post any pictures on social media. Where did you go and what did you do? How is it living and working with that gorgeous fiance of yours? I bet you can't keep your hands off of her and from what I saw from her visit she can't keep her hands off of you."

 

Seungwan chuckled as she read the message thinking she could keep her hands off of Joohyun if they are sleeping in two different rooms. She opened the package and took out four slices of Texas toast bread and dipped the bread into the mixing bowl covering both sides with the French Toast batter. She gently placed the bread on the frying pan and waited until either side turned a brownish complexion before flipping it.

 

Seungwan was flipping her last piece of toast when she felt two arms snake their way around her waist. "Mmm it smells so good in here," Joohyun hummed into Seungwan's ear as she rested her chin on her shoulder. 

 

"I don't want to burn the food so could you please give me some space to work here," Seungwan said in a calm but flat tone.

 

Joohyun released her hold from Seungwan's waist as she went to the living room, sat on the couch, clicked on the TV, and found the first K-drama on Netflix and stared at it blankly.

 

Seungwan felt horrible for treating Joohyun so harshly but she couldn't pretend like nothing happened last night. They spent the Christmas holiday on different continents so it was only natural that they make the most of their New Year's holiday together. Seungwan was half asleep when Joohyun whispered her apologies to Seungwan over and over but now that she was wide awake Joohyun made no attempt to apologize just go on as if nothing happened. Seungwan was slicing strawberries in the kitchen as she snuck a peck at Joohyun sitting on the couch staring at the TV. She was wearing a light blue blouse that exposed her shoulders and white pants even if Seungwan was angry at her she couldn't deny how stunning she was.

 

Seungwan placed the French Toast slices on the platter dish and placed it at the center of the table with a small bowl of strawberries and a can of whipped cream. She took a container of orange juice from the fridge and two glass cups as she put them on either side of the table.

 

"Breakfast is ready," Seungwan said staring at her phone from the dining room. 

 

Joohyun hit the off button on the remote and went to the dining room. She saw the delicious display of food including turkey sausage patties on a smaller plate. She walked right up to Seungwan who was still focused on her phone and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you for making breakfast baby," Joohyun said fluttering her eyelashes. Seungwan's eyes never left her phone as she replied, "Uh huh."

 

Joohyun rubbed Seungwan's shoulder as she said, "C'mon put down your phone and let's eat together." Seungwan placed her phone on the countertop in the kitchen and said, "Yes let's eat." She followed Joohyun to the table as they took their seats across from each other.

 

The dining room was filled with an awkward silence as both women had a hard time starting the conversation. Seungwan didn't want to argue with Joohyun but she felt like it was inevitable. Joohyun didn't want to upset Seungwan but she couldn't go through the remainder of her day off with her fiance ignoring her.

 

"Seungwan I thought......," Joohyun started but stopped when she saw Seungwan get up from her chair and leave the table. She returned with her iPad and was typing into the toolbar acting as if Joohyun didn't exist.

 

"Did you say something?" Seungwan said as she stopped typing and looked Joohyun in her eyes. Joohyun couldn't believe her wonderful, precious, and warm-hearted Wannie was acting this way. 

 

"I was saying....."Joohyun trailed off as her eyes glanced to the tablet screen. Seungwan placed the tablet on the table as she cut her French Toast and put the fork in . Joohyun felt a prickle of tears form in her eyes as she read Find Apartments and a screen pictured with available rentals around Seoul.

 

Joohyun picked up the tablet and scrolled over the page as a tear stained her cheek. She put the tablet on the table and looked at Seungwan who was avoiding eye contact.

 

"Are you thinking of moving out?" Joohyun said wiping her cheek with her hand.

 

Seungwan was chewing her food looking at the table as she shrugged a "maybe" but didn't utter a word.

 

"Wannie please listen to me we can't end our relationship over one argument. We are engaged to be married and I am sorry for how jealous I was last night. I take it all back. Please forgive me," Joohyun pleaded as she reached across the table taking Seungwan's hands into hers. 

 

"I hate to see you cry especially knowing that I caused it but you didn't even give me a chance to explain myself and you wake me up in the middle of the night because you can't sleep! But there I am sleeping on the couch because you overreacted over a song! Give me a break!" Seungwan shouted as she took her plate to wash it off in the sink.

 

Joohyun left her seat so fast the legs of the chair scraped the floor as she stormed into the kitchen and stood mere inches away from Seungwan's face.

 

"You are not familiar with the way Korean men approach women it is completely different from what you are use to in Canada," Joohyun said with her hands on her hips.

 

"Oh really then please enlighten me," Seungwan said sarcastically as she thought men are men no matter where you live. She did take notice how Korean women seemed suppressed which would explain why Seungri harassed Joohyun for so many months and didn't face punishment for it. Her fist clenched as she thought of him making that announcement at the hotel looking directly at them intentionally ruining their night. 

 

Seungwan was snapped out of her thoughts when Joohyun waved her hand in front of her face. "Hello! Are you even listening to me?" Joohyun said impatiently tapping her foot.

 

"I have to get out of here, l need some air," Seungwan said as she grabbed her phone and rushed to the coat closet to grab her puffy Nike jacket and opened and shut the door to the condo without looking back.

 

She felt her eyes fill with water as she took the elevator to the ground floor and pushed the glass doors open as she made her way down the street in no particular direction.

 

Joohyun rushed to the living room window as it had the best view of the front entrance and waited for a small figure in a puffy black coat to exit the building heading northeast. Joohyun went to the coat closet to grab her gray pea coat but decided to place it back in the closet. She wanted to follow Seungwan to talk her down to change her mind about living apart. But Joohyun decided to stay behind at the condo and wait for Seungwan to return even if day turned into night when she came back home.

 

Joohyun went to the closet in the hallway and selected the spare blanket Seungwan slept with last night as she used the remote to switch on the TV and curled into a ball with the blanket draped over her and sobbed to herself hoping her fiance would return home.

 

 

 

 

Seungwan was swaying on the swing set in the park two blocks away from the condo. She wanted privacy when she decided to Face Time with Yoo Jung Ahn.

 

The phone rang three times as Seungwan wiped the tears away with her gloves, there were flurries of snow landing all around her but she wasn't bothered by that she needed to leave the condo. 

 

Yoo Jung Ahn appeared on the screen and said, "Hey bestie! How is everything? Did you receive my text message because you didn't reply? Is everything alright? You look sad." Seungwan giggled as Yoo Jung Ahn fired one question after another not waiting for Seungwan to response.

 

"I read your message this morning that is why I am calling you because I need someone to talk to who has known me for years," Seungwan said swaying back and forth on the swing.

 

Yoo Jung Ahn had a confused look on her face before she said, "Wait where is Joohyun? And why are you outside? Is it snowing there? I know we are both use to the cold but you can get sick."

 

"I had to leave the condo for some peace and quiet besides Joohyun and I had an argument. A bad one I ended up sleeping on the couch," Seungwan said as she kicked the snow around with her boots.

 

"Wow Seungwan sorry to hear that, so what was the argument about?" Yoo Jung Ahn asked.

 

Seungwan preceded to inform Yoo Jung Ahn about her friendship with Junhyung, how he invited them to the holiday celebration at the hotel, and how they ran into him earlier at karaoke and Seungwan sang a duet with him.

 

"Oh you showed the people at the karaoke bar what a great singer you are. I told you that you should sing professionally. But you won't take my advice. So what song did you sing?" Yoo Jung Ahn asked feeling giddy that her best friend was taking chances with her life.

 

"Shallow by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga," Seungwan said a little sheepishly.

 

Yoo Jung Ahn paused for a second trying to place where she heard that song before and said, "Oh the song from the movie A Star Is Born, wow that is a great song and I love the movie too. Wait you didn't kiss your duet partner at the end?" 

 

Seungwan threw her hands up in frustration and said, "What kind of question is that? It was a song to sing for fun. I am in love with Joohyun why would I kiss Junhyung?"

 

Yoo Jung Ahn shrugged her shoulders and said, "The song is pretty romantic and I would assume after singing that to your duet partner you who feel compelled to give the audience something to react to."

 

Seungwan furrowed her brows as she said, "That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard especially with my fiance watching us the entire time....well until she left to cry in the restroom." Seungwan looked at her feet which were coated with white snow.

 

"Oh Seungwan I am sorry to hear that but I sympathize with Joohyun on this," Yoo Jung Ahn said.

 

"What? You are my friend and you are suppose to be on my side but I guess you are right I should have thought about how Joohyun would react to me singing with Junhyung before I decided to do it," Seungwan said as she got up from the swing and was walking back to the condo.

 

"It is freezing out here so I will let you go. Thanks for the advice," Seungwan said.

 

"No problem and remember don't become a stranger call or text me anytime if you need advice, your are still my best friend. You know you are irreplaceable even if we live an ocean apart. Miss you but I will keep cheering for you and I hope everything works out," Yoo Jung Ahn said as the call ended.

 

 

 

Seungwan turned the key in the keyhole and push the doorknob in as Joohyun leaped off of the couch and put the spare blanket in the closet in the hallway. Joohyun straighten her blouse and ran her fingers through her hair before Seungwan opened the door.

 

Joohyun wanted to run and leap into Seungwan's arms the moment she saw her covered in snow praying she doesn't get sick. But Joohyun held back as her touchy instincts were the last thing Seungwan craved. Seungwan made her way to the coat closet to hang up her jacket not saying a word. Joohyun was pondering what to say without ticking Seungwan off.

 

"Were you outside the whole time you left the condo," Joohyun asked as she noticed Seungwan's rosy red cheeks and runny nose.

 

"Yeah most restaurants are shut down for the holiday so I went to the park," Seungwan said as she grabbed a tissue to blow her nose.

 

"Here let me boil you some water for a hot cup of tea so you don't catch a cold," Joohyun said as she directed Seungwan to take a seat on the couch.

 

"You don't have to baby me I can take care of myself," Seungwan said as Joohyun put the tea kettle on the front burner of the stove.

 

Joohyun left the kitchen and stood right in front of Seungwan as Seungwan directed her eyes up at Joohyun.

 

"That's it we are having this conversation whether you like it or not," Joohyun demanded as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

 

Seungwan stood up and paced the floor as she said, "Okay I will admit I was wrong in singing a duet with Junhyung as he may have feelings for me. But you acted like everything was fine after you cried it out in the restroom of the karaoke bar only to rehash it once we made it to the condo."

 

Joohyun released a sigh as she said, "Look Seungwan I apologize for being jealous but you should understand the situation from my point of view. What if I was up there singing a duet with.....Seungri? How would you feel about that? And I would never sing a duet with that man but just to use as an example."

 

Seungwan chuckled and said, "But Junhyung never said disgusting things about me." (Joohyun ruffled her hair in frustration) "Alright I get it and I would be very pissed off."

 

The whistle on the tea kettle screeched throughout the condo disrupting the argument as Joohyun walked to the kitchen to switch off the front burner.

 

"I know you love me but you have to understand the guys around here are impressionable and they see any attention given to them as an invitation to flirt," Joohyun said. "Look at the problem I face with Seungri, I ignore him the best I can and still he harasses me." Joohyun directed her eyes to the floor as her voice broke in the end.

 

Seungwan stepped to Joohyun and cupped her hands into her right hand and used her left hand to her cheek as she kissed her forehead.

 

"I'm sorry I didn't think about it that way and I wish there was something I could do so that he would leave you alone. You don't deserve that kind of treatment," Seungwan said as she hugged Joohyun tight. "Sorry for my behavior earlier sometimes I can be so clueless but I won't anymore."

 

Joohyun ran her hands up and down Seungwan's back as she broke the hug with a peck on the lips.

 

"C'mon let me make you that cup of tea before the water gets warm," Joohyun said walking toward the kitchen.

 

"Okay," Seungwan said as she sat back on the couch.

 

Seungwan and Joohyun cuddled on the couch watching K-dramas until it was dinner time.

 

 

 

 

Seungwan searched the top cabinet for a box of penne pasta and jar of marinara sauce. Joohyun was in the living room vacuuming the carpet when she felt her phone buzz in her back pocket. She turned the vacuum off and saw there was a message from Seulgi that read, "Just received a phone call from Boss Chaerin informing me that one of our employees got into trouble with the law over the holidays. Don't know who it is but we will find out tomorrow."

 

Joohyun couldn't believe it as the kitchen was staffed with decent people but the holidays and alcohol brought out the worst behavior in everyone. As long as her and Seungwan were unharmed that is all that matters to Joohyun.

 

Seungwan put the noodles in the boiling water as she saw Joohyun looked at her phone and said, "Everything okay?" She saw Joohyun's mouth agape and her eyes bulge so Seungwan assumed it wasn't good news.

 

"Seulgi heard from Boss Chaerin that one of our employees was arrested during New Year's, can you believe that?" Joohyun said still shocked.

 

"Hopefully it was Seungri and he is out of our lives forever," Seungwan said pumping her fists in the air.

 

Joohyun playfully hit Seungwan on her abs and said, "Don't say that he is a horrible person but no one deserves to spend time in jail. At least not someone who works for Kompass."

 

"I am just saying with his attitude and the way he carries himself being locked up was bound to happen and now you can work in peace it is a win-win," Seungwan said as she poured the marinara sauce over the noodles she drained in the sink and returned to the pot. She stirred the sauce and noodles together and sprinkled shredded parmesan cheese.

 

Joohyun went to the fridge to fetch a bottle of wine as she felt a hand squeeze her . She jumped and grabbed her and said, "Seungwan why did you do that?" 

 

"What you do it to me all the time and it was too tempting to not touch," Seungwan said as she shrugged her shoulders.

 

Joohyun took two stemless wine glasses from the second shelf of the cupboard as she turned Seungwan's face toward her and planted a long passionate kiss on her lips.

 

"I love you Wannie please don't be mad at me again," Joohyun said staring intensely into Seungwan's eyes.

 

"I love you too and I promise I won't," Seungwan said as she blushed looking away.

 

Joohyun took a strand of hair and tucked it behind Seungwan's ear and said, "I love it when you still get shy from the affection I shower you with but there is plenty more where that came from." She slapped Seungwan's as she swayed her hips to the dining room table to lay the glasses down. She went back to the kitchen to take her plate to the table as her and Seungwan ate their food as the atmosphere at the table returned to normal. No distractions from devices or avoiding eye contacts they ate as if the argument never happened.

 

After dinner they showered together just like old times hugging and kissing each other under running water, washing each other slowly with the sponge admiring the shape of their bodies. Drying each other off after the shower was over. They both wore oversize sweatshirts and little swim shorts to bed. Seungwan pulled Joohyun to lay on top of her as she knew it gave Joohyun a sense of security to be close to Seungwan like that. Seungwan drifted to sleep as she felt Joohyun breathing on her neck and arms and legs tangled together.

 

 

The alarm clocked bleeped at 5:30am as Joohyun reached over to shut it off, she groaned as she rolled off of Seungwan. She didn't want to wake up since she had the best sleep due to her and Seungwan making up. Seungwan rubbed her eyes as she croaked out in a harsh voice, "Is it that time already?" 

 

Joohyun giggled as she crawled on top of Seungwan and placed a hand over Seungwan's forehead and said, "Your head is not hot so you don't have a fever but maybe you shouldn't talk at all today." Joohyun pecked Seungwan's lips as she rolled off the bed and stretched her body.

 

"Easy for you to say you don't have to work with Nancy," Seungwan said in a voice a little louder than a whisper.

 

Joohyun giggled as she took Seungwan's hand and dragged her off of the bed and into the bathroom. They washed their faces, brushed their teeth, and brushed their hair side by side.

 

Seungwan pulled back the curtain in the bedroom to reveal two inches of snow that fell over night so she convinced Joohyun that she would drive her car to work as she had more experience with it living in Canada. 

 

They past the security gate to a parking lot that was full with cars as the holidays were over. Joohyun pointed to a silver 2019 Lexus ES recognizing it as the car Boss Chaerin drove, Seungwan and Joohyun turned to each other in shock as they knew Boss Chaerin was inside the building. They made their way to the double doors Joohyun gripping Seungwan's arm as they went up the ramp because Joohyun was wearing 5 inch heels.

 

They dusted the snow off of their hair and went to the time clock as Seulgi exited her office to greet them. "Looks like something dramatic is about to go down," Seulgi said in a low voice searching the room for Boss Chaerin. 

 

"Is it about the arrest during New Year's?" Joohyun asked taking off her coat and throwing it on her office chair.

 

"I believe so I mean Boss Chaerin was already here when I arrived so it has to be something serious," Seulgi said as she leaned in her doorway with her arms crossed.

 

Boss Chaerin made her way around the corner when she stopped as she spotted the trio of women.

 

"My favorite employees are here please join everyone out in the cafeteria as I have an announcement to make," Boss Chaerin said as her heels clicked in the direction of the cafeteria.

 

"Well let's find out what she wants to discuss," Seulgi said as she headed in that direction.

 

Joohyun and Seungwan looked at each other as they went through the swinging door to find everyone standing in a circle as Boss Chaerin was positioned in the center.

 

"Alright everyone listen up! It was a long holiday break and now we must adjust to some permanent changes as in staff members coming and going," Boss Chaerin said looking around the circle.

 

Hyojin snickered to herself which earned her a death glare from Boss Chaerin.

 

"I thought that I should clear any speculation that would arise as there was an incident that occurred over the New Year's holiday and unfortunately that has left us without a Market Bar cook."(Gasps were echoing throughout the cafeteria as Seungwan pointed to Joohyun and whispered "told you so.") Boss Chaerin cleared as she continued, "Yes that is right Seungri is no longer employed with Kompass as anyone who has read the employee handbook knows you must have a clean criminal record or not one at all." A few snickers could be heard.

 

"I understand the news is shocking and scandalous but don't let it interfere with your work day and another thing Seungri will be stopping by to turn in his work badge and collect his knife kit," CL said as she looked at Namjoon.

 

"Please everyone pay him no mind as he is toxic to this kitchen and that is all so back to work," CL said as everyone patted Joohyun on the back reassuring her she had nothing to worry about.

 

"So was I right or what?" Seungwan croaked from her dry throat.

 

"Yes you were right, now do me a favor and stop speaking and save your voice," Joohyun said as she gave Seungwan's hand a light squeeze.

 

The staff dispersed throughout the kitchen as they prepared themselves for the normal routine. Everyone was in a lighter mood knowing that the negativeness of Seungri no longer dampened the aura of the kitchen. Taehyung hummed while he worked knowing that the secret of Joy and him dating would not be exposed.

 

 

 

 

The time read 11:30am as the loading dock doors opened with a cold gust of wind. Seungri was escorted into the kitchen accompanied by Boss Chaerin and two security guards. His face was pale and his hair matted to his head. He watched as everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at him. 

 

Namjoon handed Seungri his knife kit and said, "What asham it is that you let me down I guess I expected more from you."

 

Seungri hung his head low as Namjoon was the last person he wanted to disappoint.

 

"Touching moment now is that everything?" Boss Chaerin said as she was impatiently tapping her foot.

 

Seungri turned around and said, "You know what that isn't everything because there is something you need to know."

 

Seungwan froze in her spot as she turned to face Joohyun standing in the doorway to her office with pleading eyes as she felt their secret was going to be exposed.

 

"This account with Kompass has to be the worst account it has as there are rules in place that no one follows," Seungri said shaking his head.

 

"Is that so?" Boss Chaerin asked smirking thinking this guy is a joke and who was he to tell her how to do her job.

 

"Take for instance the dating policy I mean no one follows it you have Taehyung the Sous Chef openly dating Joy the Lead Cashier," Seungri said as Taehyung clenched his fist ready to hit Seungri upside the head.

 

"What?" CL explained directing her focus to Taehyung as he tried to hide from her view.

 

"That isn't as bad as Miss Joohyun the Finance Manager who is engaged to marry Chef Seungwan the Catering Chef and I saw it with my own eyes as they were openly showing affection for one another throughout the airport after Christmas," Seungri said with a proud smile on his face.

 

Seungwan's mouth dropped to the ground as the security guards yanked Seungri by his arms to him off campus.

 

Seungwan felt the rage build up inside her and she couldn't control her anger as this piece of filth interfered with her life and the woman she loves for too long.

 

Seungwan stormed through the double doors as she heard Joohyun calling out to her, "Wannie come back it is cold out there!"

 

Seungri was standing by the driver's side door ready to open it when he spotted Seungwan making her way down the ramp with her fists tightened at her sides.

 

"What do you want? Come to fight me well come on show me what you got! What do we have to lose as we are both out of jobs!" Seungri said as he was laughing.

 

Seungwan stepped toward Seungri and swung her arm back as she er punched Seungri in the face.

 

Seungri's head snapped back as blood gushed from his nose. He wiped the blood with his hand and remarked, "YOU I THINK YOU BROKE MY NOSE!"

 

Seungwan hit him again in the mouth so hard that his lip split. He rubbed his lip as he examined the blood on his hand.

 

"I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!" Seungri shouted as he lunged at Seungwan but was held back by Jungkook and Shindong.

 

"LET GO OF ME AS SHE DESERVES TO GET HER KICKED!," Seungri shouted as he tried to free himself from their grip.

 

Jungkook and Shindong shoved Seungri into his sports car and stood in front of his car until he started the engine.

 

He blasted rap music as he screamed obscenities from the open driver's side window as he threw up his middle finger and let the tires screamed as he sped off.

 

Jungkook, Shindong, and Seungwan were holding their hands on their knees bent over catching their breath. When a sharply dressed man exited his 2019 red Class A Mercedes-Benz Sedan and made his way toward Seungwan, Jungkook, and Shindong.

 

Joohyun and Seulgi gasped as the saw the whole encounter from the ramp and realized it was Minho, the District Mangaer sitting in the car watching the fight.

 

Seulgi held Joohyun as her best friend burst into tears worried that Seungwan put her job in jeopardy.